The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Big Brother 2 (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=347)

Dagnabit 07-09-2001 10:30 PM

Big Brother 2

Okay, okay, I admit it. I have a problem.

I went and started watching the live feeds at CBS's BB2 web site. I figured, what the hell, I'll learn who these people are, just in case there's someone worth watching. I got hooked into the live feeds last year, when it turned out that the live feeds were MUCH better than the TV show.

I just wanted to see who I liked and who I didn't like, you know?

But now I can't stop. I read the live feed updates to catch up on what's happening. I went and bought the damn thing, and I put it up as background while I'm surfing.

vsp 07-13-2001 12:12 PM

Put the crack pipe down, and slowly back away.

It's for your own good.

jeff. who snickered at the concept of MTV's "Real World," and hasn't thought much of its "reality-TV stepchildren...

elSicomoro 07-13-2001 10:41 PM

Actually Jeff, you bring up a great point.

"The Real World" is the granddaddy of these crap ass reality shows. (Even though it has been said that TRW has been somewhat staged, apparently it has happened on the other shows as well.) I think people can better relate to "Survivor" b/c it takes people from various age groups, not just twenty-somethings like the real world.

Hell, you want to make it the "Real World"? Put a 72-year old on there, along with a 36-year old mother of 4. THAT'S the real world! ;)

Perhaps I have drunk too much Santgria...nah! It may be time for another glass though...

jaguar 07-14-2001 01:02 AM

Ah yes but people don't wnat reality, they want a nice escape world, without all the bad stuff.

vsp 07-14-2001 02:51 PM

Henry Rollins did a nice spoken-word bit about that on "Think Tank." He has you imagine how bad REAL reality TV would be -- a show called "Your Shitty Job."

"Tonight - FACTORY!" You see a guy stamping labels on cans for eight hours, and about every five minutes he lets out a long sigh... "Next week - McDonald's." Eight hours of people being served greaseburgers...

jeff. The sad thing is that it WOULD be a hit.

Griff 07-16-2001 07:22 AM

need more reality less tv

"FACTORY" LOL I had a bit part in an off Broadway production of that one. I was the 2nd shifter on a 6 year beer binge, didn't have to reach much to play the part.

As far as tv goes, if it ain't baseball it ain't on. About a month ago, the Mrs. bought me a shiney new mandolin and my every spare evening hour is now spent learning to read standard notation and getting the fingering right. I wish I could get all those tv hours back but... Television is the real opiate of the masses.

Hey Dag, speaking of reality tv, when are you and your patch gonna be on COPS!?

Dagnabit 07-16-2001 08:55 AM

Never, if I can hel... I mean, what are you talking about?