The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Support the Troops or Support China? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=8680)

tofudog 07-06-2005 10:22 AM

Support the Troops or Support China?

1 Attachment(s)
Only in America: http://www.funkyribbons.com
(at least these are made in the US :p )

elSicomoro 07-06-2005 10:28 AM

This is my favorite.

wolf 07-06-2005 10:31 AM

I think this one is really cool.

I do.

Honest.

Undertoad 07-06-2005 10:42 AM

Even though this is spam I think I will leave it up.

vsp 07-06-2005 10:59 AM

"I Bought This At Wal-Mart, It Was Made In China" is cute.

Happy Monkey 07-06-2005 11:20 AM

I saw one somewhere that was double sized and said "My ribbon is bigger than yours."

cowhead 07-08-2005 01:40 PM

I for one am sick to death of all these damn ribbons... and those little bracelets as well.. actually I am okay with what they are trying to do, but in typical american style, people have just gone way too far with it... why can't people just appreciate a symbol for what it is? rather than trying to always beat up the Joneses? never mind... I know why.. it just annoys me to no end.. OH! there was this kid the other day ( I don't know if they are doing this everywhere, although with the homogonization of society I would expect so.. the damn polos' with the collar turned up..) there's this foppish little bastard strolling down the street (in 100 degree weather) wearing not 1 but 2 polos of different colour (robbins egg blue on the inside and this god awful garish pink on the ouitside) with BOTH collars turned up.. wearing a...a... I don't even know what they are called... those stupid little visors... turned upside-down.. cargo pants and flip-flops.. okay I realize I'm getting old.. but sweet crap! cam someone make it stop?!??!?! ARGHHH!!!! anyway... better now.

wolf 07-09-2005 01:13 AM

I have absolutely never seen anything like that.

And I see all kinds of interesting fashion choices.

And while we're on this ... could someone explain the one-leg thing to me?

Troubleshooter 07-09-2005 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf
And while we're on this ... could someone explain the one-leg thing to me?

If you're referring to the stoopid thug nonsense you'll have to ask Sycamore, otherwise I don't know.

cowhead 07-09-2005 11:22 AM

well.. one leg thing? the one pant leg thing? or is it now all the rage to actually amputate a limb? ( I would LOOOVE to see that :) )

oh! and HM if you run across where to get the oversized ribbon, let me know I was talking to some people who would love to get them, and enjoy the mockery of the masses.

richlevy 07-09-2005 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowhead
well.. one leg thing? the one pant leg thing? or is it now all the rage to actually amputate a limb? ( I would LOOOVE to see that :) )

oh! and HM if you run across where to get the oversized ribbon, let me know I was talking to some people who would love to get them, and enjoy the mockery of the masses.

I don't know if it's oversized or not, but I did pick up a magnetic ribbon somewhere that seems large. The laminate came off and its now faded and peeling. I'm thinking about taking my Xyron labeller and creating a custom replacement ribbon.

With all of the causes to be supported (or mocked), I've actually got too many choices.

Support Britain.
Mock Bush.
Support Autism Research.
Support the Constitution.
Mock Bush.

How about 'Support the Troops - Impeach the Idiot!', 'Free America - Appoint a Special Prosecutor'.

Or Latin

Britannia ad vitam aeternam - Britain, for all time
Adeste Fideles Britannia - Be present, faithful ones (in Britain)
Britannia virtute et armis - Britain by courage and by arms
Britannia salus populi suprema lex - Britain, the safety of the people is the supreme law

wolf 07-09-2005 02:11 PM

I've been seeing the autism tri-color puzzle ribbons a lot more lately.

richlevy 07-09-2005 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf
I've been seeing the autism tri-color puzzle ribbons a lot more lately.

I know. I'm not sure if the upsurge in Autism nationwide is better diagnosis (or using 'autism' more broadly), or an indication of more cases.

With more mercury in the food chain, it's always possible that it is environmental factors, and not mercury in vaccines, that is causing more Autism.

wolf 07-09-2005 02:41 PM

I suspect that more high functioning autistics are being identified as such rather than just labelled "smart but weird," and those who are developmentally delayed are also now being appropriately identified.

xoxoxoBruce 07-09-2005 07:46 PM

Quote:

Or Latin
Britannia ad vitam aeternam - Britain, for all time
Adeste Fideles Britannia - Be present, faithful ones (in Britain)
Britannia virtute et armis - Britain by courage and by arms
Britannia salus populi suprema lex - Britain, the safety of the people is the supreme law
If the purpose of the ribbon is to communicate your support why hide the cause from 90% of the public? :confused: