View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
When you tell something personal about yourself (as embarrassing as it may be) to try to lend to the topic at hand, and someone ignores you and makes you feel like a fucking asshole for having anything to say about it.
me, too.

mostly, though, I just get ignored. Maybe b/c I'm too frivolous for these deep thinkers here 'bouts with all their incredibly intricate arguments that go exactly nowhere.

there have been people here in the cellar who have influenced me, though.

first one would be Dana; Clodfobble, Tony, Pat, wolf (first second amendment loving republican pagan I've ever met), and MaggieL who taught me that no matter WHAT sex you are or perceive yourself to be you CAN be a gigantic asshole. Cat Woman taught me that English women can be horrid bitches and Cherry taught me that English women can be warm, wonderful and compassionate as well as hilarious. Monster was the first ex-Brit living here that I ever knew (that I know of) and Pam was just simply....sublime.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote