The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-16-2004, 12:10 PM   #1
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Back Pain

What a pain in the back!!

The last 6 weeks or so I've been in pretty much constant, low level pain. I didn't move any furniture or lift anything heavy or do any strenuous excercises, but my lower back muscles have been aching. Some days more than others.

Yesterday, I woke up and it hurt so bad I didn't know what to do. I couldn't stand, couldn't sit, couldn't lay down on my tummy or back, couldn't do anything without massive pain.

So I took 1 aspirin, 1 aleve, 2 tylenol and a excedrin tension headache pill and Steve rubbed some Ben Gay on it. I went to work, but soon the drugs started to wear off, and I left early and went to the doctor.

He looked at it, made me move, and declared I have a sprained back which is also in spasm. He wrote me off work 6 days, prescribed 800mg Motrin, Flexiril for the imflammation and Percoset for the pain. In addition, I have to put ice on it for 20 minutes 3 times a day for 2 days, then heat for the same. Then he wants me to go to PT and learn excercises to strengthen my back and belly muscles.

I was told to lose 100 pounds, start controlling my PCOS (to help me lose the weight and prevent diabetes) and start walking a mile a day +.

So that's my story. Offered as an explanation why I've been bitchy the past few weeks. My apologies to those I've offended.
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 12:19 PM   #2
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I am intimately familiar with all of these symptoms, both with my wife, and to a lesser extent, myself.

Do not discount the power of chiropractic through all of this. Also, Flexoril is a wonderful, wonderful medication. I use it to relieve simple tension and stress PRN.

Good luck. We're all dieting at our house, so I understand the issues involved.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:37 PM   #3
staceyv
Lecturer

"You know what bitch? You better back the fuck up. I mailed it on the 2nd. The post office must have lost it. SO FUCKING SORRY. I mailed Rho's disc on Monday. So if you don't get it this week, JUST WAIT LONGER. I copied Rho's disc on to my computer before I lestened to it, JUST TO GET IT OUT ON TIME because I didn't get it until 2 or 3 days before.

So unless you feel like me skipping your ass altogether, quit yer bitchin."

this is a direct quote from OC to me. wow, that back pain must REALLY be bad.
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 03:58 PM   #4
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
What a pain in the back!!
Get thee to a chiropractor. Most insurance will cover. They will want you to come 3x per week for three weeks then 2x/wk for 2 weeks then 1x till you are dead. Just go along with their plan but you don't need to come back after the pain stops. Sounds like a classic pinched nerve. They will relax the muscle with electrodes and adjust your back to give the muscles a chance to stop spasming (most likely the source of the pain). After a few of these, you should start feeling some relief if its what it sounds like.

I've been to the doctor for back pain and all they do is throw drugs at it. I hate that.

And staceyv - I won't discount your issue with OC but I have a major problem with your post in this forum. You can communicate with OC via email or PM and there is already a place where issues related to that topic can be discussed - your post does not belong in this forum, imho.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:17 PM   #5
perth
Strong Silent Type

Beestie, don't ruin this for me! I was looking forward to a good flamewar!
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 04:27 PM   #6
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Originally posted by perth
Quote:
Beestie, don't ruin this for me! I was looking forward to a good flamewar!
Hmmmmm. Ok...

SO! Onyx! Sharpen those talons and show us why they call you COUGAR!!

AND StaceyV ?!?! You just gonna SIT THERE while OC spits on your soul?!?!?

::fans flames::

How's that?
Old 04-16-2004, 04:28 PM   #7
perth
Strong Silent Type

Thanks man. I appreciate it.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 04:54 PM   #8
blue
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally posted by staceyv
"You know what
Not the place for this StaceyV, do yourself a favor and edit your post, you can reply to it in the original. Let's keep the peace here because both of you will regret it later.

And when the fuck did I become the voice of reason around here? Must have missed a memo.

P.S. I like you both thats why I want you to kiss, make up and stick around. We don't need 2 more idiots starting some other suck ass forum with the other 2 people that actually hang out with them.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:58 PM   #9
blue
Operations Operative

And oh yeah, about back pain, I don't deal with it much but when I do I am a very unhappy boy. Nothing like nonstop pain to make you pissed at the world.

What was GOD thinking when he designed us anyhow? And once you get old enough to really get into the back pain, then the knee thing starts to kick in.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:23 PM   #10
Torrere
a real smartass

Quote:
Originally posted by blue58
P.S. I like you both thats why I want you to kiss, make up and stick around. We don't need 2 more idiots starting some other suck ass forum with the other 2 people that actually hang out with them.
Not only that, but we want to watch, too.

For young people, how do try to prevent back and knee pains?
Torrere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 05:31 PM   #11
blue
Operations Operative

we want to watch

Yeah, that would be a bonus.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:33 PM   #12
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally posted by Torrere

Not only that, but we want to watch, too.

Man, I was *SO* disappointed with that link.

When I was 16, I screwed up the discs in my lower neck (7th & 8th), and suffered for 2 years with my hands going to sleep any time they were above my chest, like driving. Then a guy I met took me to his chiropractor who gave me a quick adjustment and in 5 minutes I was cured. Shazam!
Fast forward a few years, 300 miles, self abuse and a couple motorcycle accidents and I'm hurting again. I go to 3 different Chiropractors and get treated, twice per week, for months. They did heat, ultrasound, poke and prod, but no help.
I contacted the guy that took me to the chiropractor origionally and he told me to find a graduate of the Palmer School in Davenport, Iowa. I contacted the school, got a listing in this area, went to see him. Yeah, Shazam, baby.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:26 PM   #13
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally posted by staceyv
"You know what bitch? You better back the fuck up. I mailed it on the 2nd. The post office must have lost it. SO FUCKING SORRY. I mailed Rho's disc on Monday. So if you don't get it this week, JUST WAIT LONGER. I copied Rho's disc on to my computer before I lestened to it, JUST TO GET IT OUT ON TIME because I didn't get it until 2 or 3 days before.

So unless you feel like me skipping your ass altogether, quit yer bitchin."

this is a direct quote from OC to me. wow, that back pain must REALLY be bad.
No, that one I DON'T apologize for. Why don't you preface that with your implying I'm a liar and then making a bitchy comment about whether you'll get a CD THIS week or not. Then post that reply. I am not a liar, and for the above response, I do NOT apologize.

edit: you don't want to take me on with this one, Stacey, I promise.

Last edited by OnyxCougar; 04-16-2004 at 07:28 PM.
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:02 PM   #14
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by blue58
P.S. I like you both thats why I want you to kiss, make up and stick around.
Fess up. You don't give a good goddamn about whether or not they make up. You just want to see them kiss.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:04 PM   #15
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by Torrere

Lift with your knees, not with your back, and get on welfare early so you never have to work, particularly by doing anything that involves heavy lifting.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote