The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-14-2004, 10:40 PM   #1
lookout123
changed his status to single

Cellarites don't have enough good luck...

to scare me off.

i just wanted to let everyone (that cares) know i'm not gone. i won't be in the cellar as much in the foreseeable future, but i'll still drop in whenever possible.

i've agreed to take over an existing office about 30 minutes from my home so i won't be working from my home office. i was preparing to build a new office about 5 minutes from my home, but because the area is so new that would have entailed actually constructing a new building and absorbing all of those costswould have butchered my P&L's for a very long time. about the same time i was coming to that conclusion, one of my acquaintances decided to relocate to Northern Arizona. he still had 4 years left on his lease and quite a few nice accounts that needed someone to adopt them. me being the greedy bastard that i am - said "i'll do it." and so i have.

i'm busier than a cranberry merchant with everything over there and i've decided for the good of my business to restrict my office to the intranet (how else could i prevent falling in to the cellar during a business day, afterall).

so, i will try not to be as scarce as LJ, but i won't be around as much. anyone who cares can reach me through my email link or just leave a PM here, otherwise i'll see you when i drop in.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:57 PM   #2
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Oh, darn...whatever will we do without you to entertain us? Life's just not fair! Oh boo fucking hoo!

(Good luck with the new accounts...don't be a stranger.)
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 11:49 PM   #3
marichiko

Good luck and don't become a complete stranger. We can always use you to stir things up, and much as I post, I don't think I can make up for BOTH you and LJ (besides, the Cellar needs relief from my bleeding heart liberal point of view)!
Old 10-15-2004, 12:02 AM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You lie, the Bush administration has reasigned you to a new post, haven't they? Well, good loyal agents are hard to find so I can blame them.
Good hunting, man. Don't forget your roots.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:45 AM   #5
lookout123

burce - that is enough of that talk. remember i can make you disappear if you aren't careful. gitmo ain't closed yet.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:28 PM   #6
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I didn't realize that cranberry merchants were all that busy ....

At least not for 3/4 of the year.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 08:46 PM   #7
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
burce - that is enough of that talk. remember i can make you disappear if you aren't careful. gitmo ain't closed yet.
Hooray for old Gitmo,on Cuba's fair shore.
Home of the flea, the cockroach, the whore.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:01 AM   #8
lookout123

alright - thought i would pop in for a moment. from the looks of things around here quite a few cellarites are whipping themselves into a pre-election frenzy. let's all remember that this happens every 4 years and if this nation can survive JFK taking one (or more *adjusting foil hat*) to the skull, Nixon's shenanigans and the Reagan/Contra affair we'll probably survive the next 4 years no matter who is elected. i, as do most, have my preference for who will sit in the oval office for next four years but i hope we can all remember we are all (except our foreign friends) americans first, D's, R's, I's,L's, and G's second.

We each think we know the best path for the US in the coming years and hold to that thought with all our might, but only future generations will really know who was right or wrong. Politics and Investments are mirror images of each other: in politics the short term is crystal clear in our eyes while the long term is foggy; in the investment world the long term is crystal clear while the near future is foggy.

i ramble on and say that to express this thought: the person in the oval office has tremendous power. but so do we. as individuals we influence those around us and we, the little people, make up the collective america. the person in the oval office may choose seemingly asinine policies but we with our thoughts, words, and actions determine the image of america in the world. if we all pile on and exercise our right to badmouth america and its leaders and tear it down we will have plenty of company on the global scene. if we choose to speak well of america as a whole while respectfully voicing our dissent with certain policies or leaders we will probably better serve our nation that gives us the freedom to dissent.

or something like that. while i reserve the right to delete this when i sober up(all hail Appleton Estates - damn smooth rum i tell ya), i think i wrote pretty close to what i meant.

anyway, everyone hang in there - the election is almost here and a month or two after that we should know who the president will be. in the end, most of us will live through it no matter the outcome.

Last edited by lookout123; 10-22-2004 at 12:05 AM.
lookout123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 12:47 AM   #9
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
. . . . i hope we can all remember we are all (except our foreign friends) americans first, D's, R's, I's,L's, and G's second.
I can remember it but I'm not convinced most (any?) of our politicians can.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 06:07 PM   #10
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

My dilemma is whether to vote what I feel is best for me personally or what I think is best for the country.
Because I believe in this case they are different, I can see reasons for each candidate. Obviously the polls show half the people can see reasons for each of the candidates. Therefore I can’t begrudge anyone’s choice.
Thanks to the Cellar and some other sites, I’m better informed than I’ve ever been before but that just makes it harder. It’s much easier to zero in on an issue or two that concern me and vote accordingly.
Sure wish there was a sex, drugs and rock&roll party.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:59 PM   #11
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Sure wish there was a sex, drugs and rock&roll party.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:27 PM   #12
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Kerry on, soldier.(salute)

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 04-07-2007 at 05:59 PM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote