The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 08-12-2005, 09:35 PM   #1
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

short attention span theatre

I'm turning into a lurker. i never have time to sit and read an entire thread. and posting? bah. some of you write long posts. some of you can keep my attention throughout, some....not so much. when i finally DO have a few minutes to read, i'm not in the loop anymore, so it's tough to get involved in a conversation.

waaaahhh.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:57 PM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

And you thought being a robber baron was easy.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:51 AM   #3
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Don't worry Lumberjim, I have you covered. I am ready to institute a program to help you build your attention span. To do so, I have edited this text on Keynesian economic theory I found here

Quote:
Keynes didn't agree with the Classical economists!! In fact the easiest way to look at Keynesian theory is to see the arguments he gave for Classical theory being wrong. large taut nipples In essence Keynes argued that markets would not automatically lead to full-employment equilibrium, but in fact the economy could settle in equilibrium at any level of unemployment. This meant that Classical policies of non-intervention would not work. The economy would need prodding if it was to head in the right direction, and this meant active intervention by the government to manage the level of demand. Follow the links in the navigation bar at the foot of the page or in the side panel to find out more detail on the sort of policies this may involve.

Keynesian beliefs can soft curving breasts be illustrated in terms of the circular flow of income. If there was disequilibrium between leakages and injections, then classical economists believed that prices would adjust to restore the equilibrium. Keynes, however, believed that the level of output (in other words National Income) would adjust. Say, for example, that there was for some reason an increase in injections (perhaps an increase in government expenditure). lush pouting lips This would mean an imbalance between leakages and injections. As a result of the extra aggregate demand firms would employ more people. This would mean more income in the economy some of which would be spent and some saved (or paid in tax). The extra spending would prompt the firms in the economy to produce even more, which leads to even more employment shapely long legs and therefore even more income. This process would go on, and on, and on, and on until it stopped! It would eventually stop because each time income increased, the level of leakages (savings, tax and imports) also increased. Once leakages and injections were equal again, equilibrium was restored. This process is called the Multiplier effect.
I hope this helps. Maybe I could get a patent.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 12:58 AM   #4
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

Don't turn into me lj, the lurker world tends to be a lonely one
Old 08-13-2005, 07:58 AM   #5
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

See, you miss one Plastic Forks and then you start to slip away.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 09:48 AM   #6
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I think that was a Twilight Zone episode once, wasn't it?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 03:02 AM   #7
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

well.... if you get really bored and have a bit of bandwidth... check out illwillpress.com loook for the fatkins diet and foamy's rant 3... yeah.. keeps me living.. sorry I don't post much anymore.. there are too many of you smart and or funny people ) then again I haven't been myself for the past while.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:00 AM   #8
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Jesus, people, just follow your favorite section instead of the whole place! Or just IotD or something.

Don't want to lose anybody.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 01:25 PM   #9
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Aw, they're just pretending they have lives to make me feel bad.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:47 PM   #10
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
Jesus, people, just follow your favorite section instead of the whole place! Or just IotD or something.

Don't want to lose anybody.
You mean there are people who don't read all the new posts, in all the sections, (Except the borg over in TNIP)? Wow. Why?
Old 08-14-2005, 10:21 PM   #11
staceyv
Lecturer

I have the same exact affliction!
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:54 PM   #12
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Huh ?? What ???? Somebody posted something some where ??? Where ???
I didn't see it !!!!
Old 08-15-2005, 02:27 PM   #13
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

There's a strong number of folks who, it appears to me, never read a whole thread anyway. They seem to post off the last line in the previous post.

And I don't see how XOB has time to do ANYTHING. He's got a two man job keeping up with and maintaining all his DO-DADS.....heehee
Old 08-15-2005, 10:00 PM   #14
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

I only post in the threads I feel I have any knowledge in - Most of the threads are waaaay above my head, so I only go where I can exercise my smart ass, or get some really good advice - BTW, thanks all of you brilliant Cellarites for educating me and expanding my horizons. Nuff said.

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:00 PM   #15
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

i post in threads that catch my attention. the word association thread was a bit too much for me to read EVERY post. i now theyre short but 247 (and growing) pages???

i started out only in TINP but ventured out. and now tend to post in scientific or IoTD threads. or anything that makes fun of americans (i dont have anything against americans in general, its just an easy stereotype to poke at and it seems most of you guys/girls are american. make any Aussie jokes/insults if you want. just make them decent ones, anything that involves a kangaroo is just old and boring)

cheers
Kagen4o4 is offline   Reply With Quote