The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 03-05-2004, 04:30 PM   #1
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

Apology

I want to apologize to everyone for my outburst. It was inappropriate, and I shouldn't have done it. I guess the stress is getting to me. I don't know if the apology means much, but I'm offering it anyway.

I blacked out at work today, and the doctor told me nothing was wrong but that I might want to reduce the stress...so while I'm not blaming the stress per se, I'm supposing it was a contributing factor. I've got so much bad going on right now that I don't know which way is up, and I vented. I shouldn't have.

Again, I apologize.

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 04:35 PM   #2
Griff
still says videotape

I missed it, but if you can't whig out here, where can you? take care, g
Old 03-05-2004, 04:45 PM   #3
CzinZumerzet
.....short for Caz

It doesn't seem to me you need to apologise but to take another look at what caused you to pass out at work. Nothing beats talking these things through with real people, I really hope you do, and don't let the bastads grind you down. Caz
Old 03-05-2004, 04:45 PM   #4
blue
Operations Operative

Damnit, now I have to do a search for outburst, what did I miss?

Hey Lady, it's no big thing. I'm sure I've posted much worse while drunk.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:29 PM   #5
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Oh great, now, not only am I trapped at work awaiting the apparently none too punctual carpet cleaning service, but now I have to go look for the outburst so that I can be offended and then accept the apology.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:01 PM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Sidhe, go back to the scene of the cri...uh, post and read my responce.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:24 PM   #7
Lady Sidhe

Explanation

Everyone:

I lost it in reference to my husband, and got nasty. While what I said was the truth, it was nasty nonetheless. He made a comment that made me see red, and I didn't hold my tongue...er, keyboard (?)... I should've taken a deep breath and counted to ten (well, maybe 100...200...okay, one thousand would have been better) before I answered.

Sidhe

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Old 03-06-2004, 12:42 AM   #8
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Stress both sucks and sucks the life out of you.

I'm a certified Stress Counsellor (well, Critical Incident Stress, anyway, but i can generalize to other types of stress).

Sincere offer of conversation in IM if you need it Sidhe ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 02:36 PM   #9
Lady Sidhe

Wolf-

I never expected that. Thank you. I might take you up on that offer.

Sidhe

-Rita Rudner

Old 03-07-2004, 03:43 AM   #10
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Your apology is accepted and countered with my own apology. I neglected to read through your site after the anti meat eating spiel and totally missed your opinion of the lawful use and possession of firearms. Most non aminal eaters also tend to be anti-gun.

And so.......I apologize for thinking you were some sissy pinko commie.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 05:57 PM   #11
Lady Sidhe

That's why I'm politically an Independent. I have some conservative leanings, like:

Favor death penalty and harsher first-offense sentencing: make the penalty such that the person doesn't want to risk having to go through it again, and if they are are so predatory as to be a continuing danger to society, they need to be eliminated.

Favor lawful gun ownership. I think that if everyone were armed, people would be a hell of a lot more polite , and I say, if you choose to break into my house, you're taking your chances.

Favor child discipline ("discipline" isn't "abuse" no matter what the liberals say)

Favor military funding and readiness

anti-quota (I think it should be on merit, regardless of race, sex, religion, or sexual preference)

and I'm "liberal," I guess, when it comes to:

vegetarianism: I've seen animals on commercial farms, and I've seen them slaughtered, and it's inhumane, as are the farm conditions. In my opinion, I don't have the right to use something for food merely because it's a "lower life form." I figure, if I can't kill it myself, I don't need to eat it. But I don't push it on everyone else, or consider myself superior because I don't eat meat.

equal rights for EVERYONE (like, gays should have the same rights as everyone else, for instance)

Animal rights: Someone needs to protect them from human beings who would experiment on them (that's what death-row inmates are for), torture/harm them in other ways (like dogfighting or abandonment, or decimation through fur hunting or destruction of environment). Like I said, for me, I feel that we have a responsibility to take care of our resources, not squander them merely because we're a "higher life form" (which, in the case of some people I've seen, is a matter of opinion)

More funding for education: there are entirely too many uneducated people out there, and teachers have too much to deal with, danger-wise. They should be paid commisurate with their ability, and maybe more of them would give a shit.

Sex ed in schools: kids are gonna do it. giving them condoms isn't going to encourage something if they don't plan on doing it anyway, and if they DO, they'll be protected from disease.

and as far as sexuality in schools ("Heather has two mommies" and "daddy's roommate" being required reading for 2nd graders--in NY, I believe) and religion in non-parochial schools (school prayer) I'm against both. That's something the family should be responsible for, not the schools.

I'm pretty moderate on all of it. I practice what I preach, but I don't require that everyone else conform to my beliefs, as long as they respect my right not to conform to theirs, or have my child have to deal with forced exposure.

Sidhe

-Rita Rudner

Old 03-07-2004, 06:06 PM   #12
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by slang
And so.......I apologize for thinking you were some sissy pinko commie.
Fucking projectionist. If you would just admit that you're a Dem...
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 08:53 PM   #13
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore

Fucking projectionist.
ROTFL!
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:00 PM   #14
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
projectionist.
I do not work at the theater Sycamore.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 01:25 AM   #15
Brigliadore
stays crispy in milk

Everyone is allowed to let off some steam now and then, and this place is as good as any for getting it off your chest. I read the original posts and didn't think you were that far out of line.