The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 06-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Cheerleader Rape Case Ends Horribly in Texas

This is the most fucked up thing I've read this year.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
wolf
lobber of scimitars

She must not have any male relatives. It is Texas, after all.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #3
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Jesus, poor kid.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

GOOOOOOO TEXAS!!!!!!

To take the side of the devil's advocate: there clearly was not enough evidence that the girl was raped or else why were the 3 of them not put in jail and allowed to plea to "misdemeanor assault." Women can lie too about sexual assault and ruin a man's life. Since I'm 1: not a lawyer, 2: don't know the full details of the court proceedings, I'm not gonna say one way or another. The article seems pretty one sided to me. If its true, I do feel bad for the girl.
This part seems a little f*ed up:
Quote:
an appeals court’s decision read, “As a cheerleader, HS served as a mouthpiece through which [the school district] could disseminate speech—namely, support for its athletic teams. This act constituted substantial interference with the work of the school because, as a cheerleader, HS was at the basketball game for the purpose of cheering, a position she undertook voluntarily.”
But, I don't know if the case was so much about getting kicked off for not cheering on an attacker, or simply not cheering. If the former: definitely fucked up, if the latter: understandable decision. You are a cheerleader, you are supposed to cheer. It could be that if she had not done so publicly and if she had made arrangements before hand not cheer in the game, or to be allowed a "bathroom break" if that particular person was up, then perhaps it could have been avoided. It might have been the fact that she so blatantly acted out publicly at the game where most people, especially from the visiting, might not understand why a cheerleader is being such a poor cheerleader that caused her to get in so much trouble, not the actual lack of cheering, but how she chose to not cheer. I'm rambling, but I'm trying to show the thin line there. Anyway, I don't like sports or cheerleaders as it is. LOL.

I also wonder why you would stay in the same school that your attacker is attending, that is one of those extra special cases that my parents would have found the means to move me. Possibly though because they would expect me to commit murder if that were the case.

@Wolf: I'm a bit offended that you think a girl needs MALE relatives to take care of a problem like that.
1) If she doesn't want to play the role of a victim then she should stand up for her own self and exact revenge rather than relying on someone else to do it for her.
2) Her FEMALE relatives could help her. That's sure as how it would be in my family. If my sis was assaulted, my brother and dad are not going to get to keep all the pleasure of torturing the SOB to themselves.
This is Texas, after all.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #5
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

wood chipper time again !!
for dude
Old 06-11-2011, 06:16 AM   #6
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Good points Moar. I hadn't thought of it like that. Just went with a gut reaction.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:49 AM   #7
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Because Texas only has genteel ladies, and chivalrous gentlemen.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:51 AM   #8
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Tawana Brawley?