The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #1
SamIam

I want to go get drunk!

I have been on the wagon for a while now, but I definitely feel like stepping off today. I guess its holiday depression and the fact that my ride to my AA meeting never showed, but I'm feeling like fuck this. I'm sitting in my apartment all alone and there's no one to care if I go buy a pint of peppermint schnapps. Its very hard not having a car and being disabled, and sometimes - like today, things get the best of me. Maybe I'll just go curl up on the bed with my cats and take a nap and I'll feel better when I wake up. I am really trying to do this sobriety thing, but I feel very near defeat today.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
monster
I hear them call the tide

Grab a Harry Potter book, snuggle up under a blanket and forget the world for a bit. Might not make you feel better, but at least i won't be the only unproductive lump on this board..... and you never know, it might work....
Old 12-18-2009, 12:56 PM   #3
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It's not worth the money
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:02 PM   #4
Juniper
I know, right?

Go out to the ice cream shop and get yourself something horrifically decadent, with lots of syrup and whipped cream.

Ice cream and chocolate always make me feel better.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:02 PM   #5
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Just don't have a drink today. Tomorrow...well, decide tomorrow what you'll do tomorrow.

Sometimes I want to get drunk too. I miss the buzz, the loss of some serious inhibitions, the way everything seemed so much less gloomy (after the 2nd drink but before the 6th).

Except for the times when I woke up with my head pounding not remembering how I got wherever I was, or a deeply buried anger and/or sorrow surfaced and fell down my face in the form of tears or my brain disconnected from my mouth and bridges were burned.

I don't miss that.

6 years, 3 months, 16 days sobriety here.

You can do it.

Last edited by Stormieweather; 12-18-2009 at 01:03 PM. Reason: I can't count.
Stormieweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #6
monster

Hold on for a little longer, you never know what good things are around the corner....
Old 12-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #7
Juniper
I know, right?

I'm seriously thinking of going on that wagon myself, as a New Year's thing.

I quit smoking shortly after New Year's, 8 years ago.

I'm not an irresponsible drunk, I don't think -- but I do drink too much and too regularly and stay up too late and don't get enough accomplished.

I also think it might be the root of some of my recent health problems, like blood pressure. So maybe it's time.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #8
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

sam, hang on. Think it through. are you hungry, angry, lonely, tired?

the sundae thing works for me - I never want to drink after I eat - esp. if it's all sugar.

you know what the ISM in alcoholism stands for - Incredibly Short Memory. Think - what happend to you the last time you drank? bet it wasn't good. do you have a sponsor?? someone to call??
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:50 PM   #9
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIam View Post
I have been on the wagon for a while now, but I definitely feel like stepping off today. I guess its holiday depression and the fact that my ride to my AA meeting never showed, but I'm feeling like fuck this. I'm sitting in my apartment all alone and there's no one to care if I go buy a pint of peppermint schnapps. Its very hard not having a car and being disabled, and sometimes - like today, things get the best of me. Maybe I'll just go curl up on the bed with my cats and take a nap and I'll feel better when I wake up. I am really trying to do this sobriety thing, but I feel very near defeat today.
WRONG!!!! We care. Today, choose ice-cream. Or Harry Potter. Or a nice hot cup of tea. Or the cats and the nap. Stormie is right - tomorrow is not today's issue. Right now, the cats and the nap sound good to me.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:06 PM   #10
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Ice cream! tea and a book!

skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:49 PM   #11
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

I agree! Grab a book!

I am sorry your ride bailed....but we are usually right here on the cellar...(not that I am great company)
Old 12-18-2009, 07:07 PM   #12
SamIam

Thanks, everyone. I curled up with the cats and the book and they all helped. I need to find a more dependeble ride than the woman who's been picking me up lately. She got ticked off at me over something stupid and now picks me up when she feels like it.

Thank heavens for my two little fur faces who helped me through the day. Pets are wonderful!
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:22 PM   #13
Griff
still says videotape

Well done Sam. I'm with the dry crowd as well. This can be a tough season, lean on the Cellar.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #14
monster

I'm not with the dry crowd at all, but reading Harry Potter apparently slows down my beer consumption (as well as the rest of my life...)
Old 12-19-2009, 08:33 AM   #15
Griff
still says videotape

Join the roll call Sam.