The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2005, 11:07 PM   #1
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Posting while intoxicated

How about a new level of communication beyond smilies/emoticons.

Maybe they could be called inebricons® <---everyone just BACK OFF. This is MY next million.

Anyway, sorry up there, I must be a little tense. Ever have a couple of frosty ones or a series of G&T's or a few hits of the old left handed cigarette while you are posting?

It (your logic and posts) all makes sense to you at the time. Frighteningly, it often makes sense to the rest of us, too.

But, mighten it (is mighten a word?) be useful if you could log on as being drunk or stoned and anything you posted would appear against a colored background or some other flag?

That way, you could tell immediately that there is no point in trying to make sense of what someone writes, or conversely, you could log on and see who's hitting the sauce, and settle in for some entertainment.

I'm not thinking about this in a negative way, but just as smilies are useful in conveying tone in lieu of visual cues, this might be helpful in getting a sense of a person's, ahem, frame of mind.

There could be general tags: buzzed, hammered, forgot my meds, etc.
Or specific: Whiskey, Tequila, Thai stick (do they still make that?)

anyway, just a thought.