Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
freshnesschronic
Professor

Your Fitness Club?

So I went to Lifetime Fitness with the intent to purchase a $30 2 week membership until '07 expires (expensive right? I know gosh). Turns out the membership adviser who was going to give me the temp card, his daughter wants to apply to the U of I. He asked me what's the most important thing for applying, "is volunteering very important?" Well we hit it off, I told him "yes, but extra-curriculars are definitely essential to an app" and he was like "you're a good guy. You know what I'm going to do for you..." And gives me the two week membership on the house.

That's boss cause I was gonna shell out 30 clams for this top tier fitness club's two week program but got it for free! Lifetime Fitness is 24/7, so I can get off my job at midnite and head over and work out or shoot around or whatever. S'nice!

I am still a current member of the YMCA but will probably switch to Lifetime fully next summer; there are just more participants for recreation, a much larger weight section and it looks like a hotel. Plus they supply free towels! Free towels! Endless free towels!

So this is a two part question...Besides LJ's workout thread, what gyms does everyone go to, and what are the ups and downs? Gold's Gym? YMCA? Xsport Fitness?
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote