Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2008, 10:47 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

Wanna Play Scrabble?

Seems I'm not the only Word Nerd on here after all. Nothing online and fancy -this is how I used to play online before facebook and all the other sites hasbro shut down. They can't object to this 'cause we're using a real set!

I have a set here. I draw the tiles. We all play with the same tiles. Highest scoring word is played -the person who suggests it first gets the points. Post your attempt in this thread (word, starting position and direction), no edits after the next person has posted, one attempt per player per turn.

Turns are 24 hours (minimum), 48 maximum (ish -I do it when I get to it). I will not post my turn until 16 hours minimum.

We will use both the UK and US Scrabble dictionaries (SOWPODS).

I'm the boss when it comes to disputes. :p
I take no responsibility if the letters are crap :p

Using cheat programs is fine by me if it's fine by you. I don't, but I don't expect to win either, and it's set up so I can lose without losing face

Oh, and appreciate the loved-ness of the tea-stained, warped, Brit Scrabble board that beest and I got as a present our first Christmas together. Aaaaaw I do have a newer yank one, but meh, I like this one.

so without further ado, letters for the first turn are: ACEGNRU, turn must cover the star in middle which is a double word score.
Attached Images