The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2008, 03:26 AM   #11
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phage0070 View Post
Who are you to question my views on other’s beliefs, Herod? Unless my posts are far too intrusive for you to ignore, you have *made* it your concern. Besides, it is the TOPIC so it makes a lot of sense for such a discussion to be found here.
I don't give a crap about your views of others beliefs, they're your views and you're entitled to them. My only concern is how you treat other people because of their beliefs.
Quote:
Ahh yes, this is classic. “You cannot possibly know what everyone thinks. On the other hand, I can because I am right. How could I be wrong, it makes sense to me!”
No, unlike you, I never claimed to know what all those people think. But I do know enough about human nature to know they don't liked being attacked verbally or physically... except for a few people that get off on being abused. That shouldn't be a surprise to even you.

Quote:

As I already said, you can ascribe intent and intelligence to things without evidence as long as this does not in any way affect the results. I just don’t understand the attraction of such a belief system since it never really ends up meaning anything. As long as two people agree on what causes rain to fall it does not make that much difference if one person believes that the rain drops were “angry” as they fell.
I believe you when you say you don't understand, otherwise you wouldn't be babbling about angry raindrops. Personally I don't try to attach human emotions to objects, but whatever blows your skirt up.