FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sports My tribe can beat up your tribe

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2008, 08:12 PM   #11
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
I wonder how many of our US residents realize that China was forced to change their schedule for finals from China's (and incidentally of course Australia and NZ) evening prime time to US evening prime time. The same was done during the Sydney Olympics.
Another reason to be grateful that Americans don't watch "soccer"! Or are you bored of that too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
About the kid doing the lip syncing, who really cares? Madonna does it. So does Kylie, and who could forget Milli Vanilli?

I don't see what the big fuss is, considering it's not just China that thinks only beautiful people should be on tv.
Meh - I think it's because it's not a case of an established artist. It's not a case of a professional performer. It's a situation where an unknown child is presented to the world, apparently singing, and I for one accepted her performance as "true". I wasn't all that impressed by it (a collective groan went up in our room when she came on) but knowig it was purely based on looks... Shame. Don't they have Pop Idol over there?!
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote