The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2003, 01:38 AM   #11
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

[quote]Originally posted by quzah

You all have the misgiving that I actually care what you think about me. Manners are like appareance. They're both for people who worry what others think of them. You've got me confused with someone else.

I think everyone realizes that you don't care what people think of you and your beliefs, which begs the question, why you do you bother to visit the Cellar, read posts, and make posts yourself?

LUVBUGZ's one major failing is the inability to concede a point. That's the only problem I have with them. They're like those religious zelots who "know" there is only one "right way", and if you believe anything even the slightest bit different, you're wrong, and they cannot grasp, or will not even entertain the idea that you may have a valid point.

You are wrong here. I will admit when I'm wrong when you prove that I am. I am willing to entertain the ideas of others, but am also willing to disagree with them and attempt to justify my reasons for disagreeing. On several occasions I have in fact agreed with you on some points, but you apparently didn't notice, or didn't care.

Case and point, they gloss over any valid point the opposition may have, and you have to ask them repetedly to acknowledge said point. If in doubt, read back a bit and you'll find that Juju also had to ask repetedly about points they had.

I attempt to respond to every question or point that is brought up and I don't think I have glossed over anything, although I still need to respond to a couple of questions Juju asked of me. I'm not glossing over them or ignoring them, but I was embroiled in our debate and left them to be answered at a later time. Sorry to you Juju for not responding in a timely manner, but I will respond.

That is my problem with them. They cannot even entertain the notion that some one else may have a valid point. This is my one real gripe.

I would entertain this notion if I felt you had a valid point. Aside from the times I have agreed with you, I still don't believe you have a valid point, well maybe some valid points, but overall I do not agree with most of what you have said.

Since they've got their crackerjack diploma in Biology, that makes their point of view 100% valid in all understandings of Biology, so don't you dare fucking question them becaue you're wrong!

You know this is an uncalled for comment. My degree is important to me and it took me a long time to get it. I'm not saying my point of view is 100% valid regarding all biological issues, but I feel having it gives me a more informed view than say the general public. If something can be explained or validated through a biologically based answer, I will provide that information to the best of my ability. I am by far an expert in Biology, in fact, a majority of my commentary in this discussion has come from my experience with animal rescue work I have done, not just from Biology. You may correct my biological info. as I said I'm no expert, but you cannot disprove my life experiences. I feel the way I do about animal right's and animal welfare because of my experiences. In fact, most biologists I have met or worked with have very different opinions on these subjects. Most disagree with me, fortunately those discussions didn't sink to level of this one, which I agree is partially my fault.

Another case and point: Them going off on me for swearing, when they do it themselves. So it's bad if I do it, but it's ok if they do. And they tell me to look up the word hyporcite. Give me a break.

As I've said before, I've read this thread several times and still don't see where I "went off" on you for cussing, only for your spewing of rediculous, irrational, and invalid comments. As is obvious, I cuss too, a lot when I'm pissed, while offensive to some I still do it, so cuss away, I don't give a rat's ass.

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote