The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2010, 01:00 PM   #11
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I can't help equating this discussion with the "all Muslims are terrorists" opinion. NOT expressed in this thread of course.

How can people carry on being Muslim when some of their number are murderers? And specifically murderers of other Muslims, innocent bystanders, children, people at worship etc. Completely going against most of what Islam teaches.

How can Catholics stand by the Church when some in the field used their positions to fulfil perverse desires, and some in the hierarchy covered up for them? But then how could anyone stay true to the Catholic faith when priests were preaching IRA support from the pulpits back in the 70s and 80s. Sorry, you know this is my hobby horse. But is abuse worse than murder? Well, maybe. Because the victims have to live with it and the perpetrators are in a position of trust. But political murderers are back on the streets, sanctioned unofficially by the Church and officially released by the Government I live under.

There were Nazis given sanctuary by govts around the world because of the information they had on weaponry. SOME guilty people have always been sheltered by establishments to protect themselves or to gain information.

I don't think anything I'm saying is changing anyone's mind. It's just frustrating to me that someone can equate my parents to paid up members of the KKK. Nowhere in the Church's manifesto is that children should be molested. So the 'rents to pay their tithe. To me this is nothing like them signing up to a brutal, violent cult, determined to deny human status to a whole group of people.

Okay, we're glossing over the whole gay thing here.
Start on that and I'll be willing to express my extreme disapproval of the Catholic faith.
But kiddy fiddlers?
Please try not to think every Catholic is supportive.