FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #11
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae
Our kids tend to have sweets for birthdays, which are given out at the end of the day and mustn't be eaten on the school premises, thus giving parents some nominal control.
Are birthday parties (at a house, or birthday event place) a standard thing over there, though? Like this mom who brought the big plate of doughnuts, she brought them to school on his actual birthday, a Friday, and then all those same kids came to the kid's birthday party on Saturday, and had another pile of doughnuts (this particular kid doesn't like cake.)

At some point it seems like spoiling them to me, but maybe I'm a Nazi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae
Pretty much most of the class would be able to tell you that L can't have nuts and M can't have Haribo because he's muslin but A can't have Haribo because he's vegetarian but they can both have Jelly Babies because they're made from something special.
"Muslin" cracked me up, it's exactly what they all say. Yes, the other kids are always right on top of things, way better than the adults. It was really touching at the first birthday party Minifob went to last year, at least three kids came up to me to make sure I'd brought a treat for him, because he was going to be allergic to the cake, did I know that?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mild cheddar