The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2002, 09:57 AM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

1/13: Daily photo

These are two photos of the same gent, taken three years and three months apart. The first photo was taken Oct. 1 1998; the second, Jan. 5, 2002.

And you can see the exact same photo of the gent taken every single day, one per day, for every day in between, at http://www.c71123.com/daily_photos.html .

If you are on a modem, it will probably take about 15 minutes to display. Probably not worth it unless you have a pot of coffee to brew.

I think it's a fascinating project and I hope he keeps going with it. The instinctive question is: does he look better now or did he look better then? The wife and I differ on that. But y'know, in the long run, we all wind up looking worse. If we don't actually grow uglier, we do eventually wind up worm food and the general consensus is that we look worse.

More interesting, I think, is the whole question of how we develop and what we do to make us develop differently. If this guy spends his life in worry, will deep lines etch across his forehead? If he spends his life in joy, will the laugh lines give him a permanently happier look? What exactly could prematurely age him, and what could preserve him?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote