The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2015, 08:46 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

What seemed like a good idea at the time but is more than likely going to be a disas-

ter

other than this thread title?

Dinner. had bright idea of making sort-of-cheat lasagna but even more awesome by adding bacon layers while the one bacon-hater in the fam is away.

Burned the bacon, remaining was only enough for one measly layer
Made fantastic faux-bechemel sauce -didn't burn it, thickened to perfect consistency, no lumps..... after pouring the first layer I knocked the fucking pan off the counter and it landed upside down. Floor wasn't clean either. not that.... nm move on.....
Forgot a layer of pasta. How do you even do that? it's a fairly simple pattern.... I swear I'm sober
Defrosted Ragu/Bologneise sauce was really liquidy. Tried to leave liquid behind

Made extra white sauce (cheese with a hint of nutmeg really). Bunged it in the oven at exactly the right time and felt optimistic because it still had some bacon in it and really, that fixes everything

it looks like a swamp. Apparently there was a buttload more liquid hiding in that sauce

turned the broiler on to try and dry out/brown off the top....

....ok, so it seems that wasn't liquid from the bolognaise..... no idea what. it looks fucking weird. With filled craters of smooth something. But at least it should still smell better than hockey boy when he gets in from practice in a mo.

...oh good lord, no wonder it wasn't improving in appearance -failed to actually turn the broiler/grill on. ffs!