Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-23-2007, 11:47 AM   #46
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
Again, I use the phrase "some of you" quite often in my post. I didn't intend all-inclusiveness. No, I don't want people to regret saying anything. When can I be myself? When can I defend myself? Cowering in a corner, or fighting like a cornered animal, which gets me respect?
Please stay.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:12 PM   #47
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Quote:
Re: Shawnee - I disagree Ali. We dont have to move on if we *miss* someone. Shawnee was an extravagant personality, she made an impact, she involved us in her life.

If one of my real life friends packs their bat and ball and goes off in a huff, I dont just say *fuck em* and move on.

Shawnee realised that she was in a bad head space, and left. She's firey and shes done it before. Its part of her personality. I accept that part of her personality.
Well I guess the difference for you and me is that I never even spoke to Shawnee and most of what I saw her post was hurtful to someone else.

Maybe that's why I don't care if she's here or not.

Let me qualify that by telling you all what I've said to a couple of other people in private.

This is a message board. I live a million miles from any of you, and so the chances of actually being real friends in any meaningful way is incredibly remote. Sure I can be friendly with people and there are others that I connect with better than others, but at the end of the day, it's just a place I come to when I should be doing other stuff I don't feel like doing. Maybe it means a lot more to other people, but for me in all honesty, it's words on a screen by personas I can never hope to really know unless I get to know that person in real life, and of course as I mentioned, the chances of that are remote.

So in summary, yeah, if someone decides to spit the dummy and stomp off, they can take their bat and ball and do whatever they like with it. I really don't care. One day I'll stop posting here, and I'm sure people will care less when that happens too. I don't expect anyone to be too bothered and I mean that in all honesty and with no disrespect to those I feel a certain kinship to. As I've said before, those that matter more than the rest know where to find me.

But this is only my opinion. It's the way I feel. Others feel differently and take different things from this place and so maybe do miss people who disappear with or without notice and that's great for them. It's unlikely that I'll change my point of view though. Maybe I've become a bit cynicle (I don't think I've spelled that correctly) of the internet and so on, but I just don't buy into it as much as some apparently do.

Oh yeah, I'm sure there are a few who wish I'd just bugger off, but I'm not going to just yet. lol Bad luck!
Old 10-24-2007, 06:48 AM   #48
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

I know you arent picking on me pexx, and I expected a reply...since I directed my comments at you

I didnt like LJ's thread about RK, I responded in that thread.

I didnt call LJ out directly, maybe I should of.

The thread was made, people responded, more people responded....but you know what pex, I just read most of that thread...and it isnt that bad.

As mentioned, a few people have taken issue with RK and the way he posts, his views etc....he doesnt care.....he's happy to either ignore or argue his views.....LET HIM!

There was humour in that thread, it could of taking a lot different direction if people hadnt come in with the name calling and personal shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pexx
Sorry, I'm fighting fire with fire. Jim doesn't understand rational dialogue. His repsonse to SG was "I'm not going to change" (paraphrase).
I believe LJ said...if enough people take exception to his manner and posting...that he will leave (my words)

Quote:
The Cellar cares when he's ill, but not when he's attacked by lj
The people who dont have an issue with RK, have shown their support many times. If you look at that thread, there is more support or indifference than there is shit flinging, individual support, repeat offender shit flingers

Anyways, you and I can bounce this shit back and forth all day. I like both you and LJ.

The fact of the matter is.....this isnt going to get resolved, so we either find a way to deal with it, or continue this bullshit that no one wants.

Its up to you guys and someone has to make the first step.....
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:12 AM   #49
Spexxvet

Ok, I'll be the bigger man...... again.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:06 AM   #50
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
Well I guess the difference for you and me is that I never even spoke to Shawnee and most of what I saw her post was hurtful to someone else.

And that is sure your perception. I think most people would say most of my posts are not hurtful. Your perception is off. I can recall many many times I have "sent warm thoughts" or complimented someone for something, congratulated them on an accomplishment, comisserated with them over disappointments. When backed into a corner (my perception) yes I can be mean, I can retaliate. I don't think that is any different than you.

Say what you want about me, but saying that most of me is hurtful, well, you're wrong. I even *tried* to say nice things to my arch-enemies, to no avail. Passive-aggressive meanness is no less mean.

Though I'm sure you can go back and find all my mean posts, while you are doing so I urge you to find me. The me who isn't getting shat upon and poked, and you will see that I'm mostly a very nice human. You may not see that, but please don't overgeneralize me.
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:09 AM   #51
Spexxvet

And very funny.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:21 AM   #52
Shawnee123

And very ready to stop feeling hurt and get some funnies in. Just a little, here and there. Thanks, Spexx. Thanks all of you, even the ones who make me look at sides of myself I'm not particularly fond of. My flaws suck big time; my good points are very good. I need to give myself a break even as I expect one from others.

S'alright? S'alright.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:29 AM   #53
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksNuts View Post
I didnt call LJ out directly, maybe I should of.

you eyein' me up? feelin' froggy? want a piece a me?

::chest bucks you::

i dont think so
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:59 AM   #54
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
Ok, I'll be the bigger man...... again.
Bigger than 285?

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:01 AM   #55
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Quote:
And very ready to stop feeling hurt and get some funnies in. Just a little, here and there. Thanks, Spexx. Thanks all of you, even the ones who make me look at sides of myself I'm not particularly fond of. My flaws suck big time; my good points are very good. I need to give myself a break even as I expect one from others.

S'alright? S'alright.
Shawnee, I know I don't need to say it, but I will anyway...

Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out...

I can't remember the rest, but I know you appreciate 70's TV theme songs.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:05 AM   #56
Shawnee123

Who'da thought they'd lead ya
Back here where they (don't) need ya.

Yeah, we tease her a lot
Cause we got her on the spot

I love me some Jesus!
Old 10-24-2007, 11:24 AM   #57
Spexxvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus View Post
Bigger than 285?
In every respect
Old 10-24-2007, 07:01 PM   #58
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
My flaws suck big time; my good points are very good. I need to give myself a break even as I expect one from others.
There we go. You just described the human condition. We're all flawed. We can all be decent and we can all be mean. And usually we are our own worst critics.

Welcome back shawnee. And yes, give yourself a break
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:16 PM   #59
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Quote:
And that is sure your perception. I think most people would say most of my posts are not hurtful. Your perception is off. I can recall many many times I have "sent warm thoughts" or complimented someone for something, congratulated them on an accomplishment, comisserated with them over disappointments. When backed into a corner (my perception) yes I can be mean, I can retaliate. I don't think that is any different than you.

Say what you want about me, but saying that most of me is hurtful, well, you're wrong. I even *tried* to say nice things to my arch-enemies, to no avail. Passive-aggressive meanness is no less mean.

Though I'm sure you can go back and find all my mean posts, while you are doing so I urge you to find me. The me who isn't getting shat upon and poked, and you will see that I'm mostly a very nice human. You may not see that, but please don't overgeneralize me.
Well it's nice that you had nice things to say to or about people also. Perhaps I just don't get your sense of humour. Who knows. We all see the world differently. I hope you enjoy your time here now you've returned, or at least, now that you've decided to stop lurking.

Please don't take my comments about whether you're here or not personally. They're meant in general with regard to everyone or anyone who comes or goes. I just got sick of people moaning about you that's all. Looks like all their moaning had the desired effect for them though, so that's also very nice for you.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:16 PM   #60
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

For some of us, what keeps us here is a tendency to be stubborn.