The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-05-2004, 12:02 AM   #151
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore
Don't strain your arm patting yourself on the back, okay?

I'm simply on vacation. Nice try assholes!

Note: the 4 assholes to whom I refer all know who they are. This does not apply to the about 500 other Cellar members
Old 12-05-2004, 12:05 AM   #152
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore
Get up to my level...you've got a long long way to go though.
up to your level of what? coolness? my earwax is cooler than you are. dweeb.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 12:08 AM   #153
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Hey, suit yourself. I wouldn't want something like you anywhere close to my level anyway.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 12:44 PM   #154
Griff
still says videotape

Old 12-05-2004, 01:03 PM   #155
elSicomoro

You're getting old, my friend...perhaps I'll send you some Geritol for Xmas.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:23 PM   #156
Griff
still says videotape

See you can still bring it.

Since the Hubris fiasco, I won't get caught up in the who should or shouldn't post here stupidity. It is ironic that LJ is suddenly the standards czar after jumping on HB for assuming the same office. I've figured out that this place is going to evolve or die so I'm not gonna play the drive people away game. As far as Mari is concerned, I welcome her even if I sometimes have to doubt her candor. And on a more serious note this is truly the weakest, most boring flame war we've ever had here. Move on.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:27 PM   #157
elSicomoro

I'm sorry that this hasn't been entertaining enough for you, Griff. If you like, we can set aside a special time and place where you and I can scrap, and I can totally waste you.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:10 PM   #158
Griff
still says videotape

Old 12-05-2004, 08:57 PM   #159
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff
See you can still bring it.

Since the Hubris fiasco, I won't get caught up in the who should or shouldn't post here stupidity. It is ironic that LJ is suddenly the standards czar after jumping on HB for assuming the same office. I've figured out that this place is going to evolve or die so I'm not gonna play the drive people away game. As far as Mari is concerned, I welcome her even if I sometimes have to doubt her candor. And on a more serious note this is truly the weakest, most boring flame war we've ever had here. Move on.
how did this happen? when did i bcome the posting standards czar? this started as me giving mari my honest appraisal of her question about the job she saw advertised, evolved into 'how dare you be negative about it?' and my defense of that position. Then it degraded into side taking, and insults, but apart from my saying that this thread was merely a cry for attention, and that i dislike mari's personality, I never said she should leave, or not post. I took a lot of shit, and didn't fight back much because I've been through those arguments with those people, and it's fruitless. sycamore's bitterness, tw's superiority, LS's 'you go girl" ing.....etc. The nitwits are welcome to post all they want, but I WILL give them shit if it's over the top in my eyes. I want to read posts by people that are smarter than me, or funnier. I skip the drivel. no big. I'm not trying to limit people to posting 'deep' posts like HB was....just calling a spade a spade.
I even let several inaccurate comments go by without challenge, just to avoid rehashing previous ugliness. I said I was willing to take my lumps for bashing someone personally, as i deserve, but let's not get crazy, griff. I'm not the posting police. far from it.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:10 PM   #160
elSicomoro

My bitterness...you're funny.

"You guys are attacking me for being honest...poor noble me trying to stay above the fray...boohoohoo"...gimme a fucking break. You're just getting back what you've given, that's all.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:26 PM   #161
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore's signature:
Remember when Undertoad and Lumberjim weren't such assholes? I miss those days.
are you referring to the days when people used to think you were kind of cool and edgy....with "musical projects" and "street poetry" and your "mainfestos( which aren;t manifestos( A public declaration of principles, policies, or intentions, especially of a political nature.) at all...more like your daily goings on....a blog.....intersting at times, to be sure, but indiciative of the fact that you believe your own hype) ?".....before you tried to get me booted.....and i told everyone about what a little shifty tub of goo you are in real life...and you basically confirmed it by acting like such a bitter ass toward me whenever you got the chance....Do you mean those days?

well, yeah, I'm sure you DO miss those days.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:35 PM   #162
elSicomoro

Well, that was neat...are you back in reality now? You sure? Good.

Jim, I treat you like shit because that is exactly what you are--shit.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:22 PM   #163
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
how did this happen? when did i bcome the posting standards czar? this started as me giving mari my honest appraisal of her question about the job she saw advertised, evolved into 'how dare you be negative about it?' and my defense of that position. Then it degraded into side taking, and insults, but apart from my saying that this thread was merely a cry for attention, and that i dislike mari's personality, I never said she should leave, or not post.
What got you in trouble, Lumberjim?
Quote:
Real men don't care whether they like a person. They don't care whether they dislike the post or its purpose. Real men could just ignore the post. Real men don't think emotionally as LJ has demonstrated. Like a character from Jerry Springer, LJ must attack Marichiko.

Lumberjim thrives by attacking those he does not like; when he senses a weakness. Lumberjim 'the man' would have ignored her. There is nothing offensive in her posts as others have properly noted. But Lumberjim 'the boy' must attack her anyway - like it was a playground - for reasons only a child could understand.
You violated fundamentals of being a man. If you have a logical reason to attack Mari, why did your not post it? Because by your own admission, you attacked Mari only for emotion (self-serving) reasons. Boys do that. And now you insist it is acceptable to attack another only for emotional gratification. Just like the child standing in a pile of broken glass claiming he did not do it. Will you ever stop digging yourself into this hole?

Last edited by tw; 12-05-2004 at 10:35 PM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 10:24 PM   #164
elSicomoro

I was thinking it was sexual gratification, actually.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:12 PM   #165
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

ok, tw, that's twice that you've quoted yourself now. and thrice you've called me boy. I'm going to let you in on something you've apparently missed on your many, many trips around the sun:

men have emotions.

I know it sounds crazy, but it's true. Regardless of that truth, if you look at it, I didn't really post a lot of emotionally charged stuff. I was just honest about how i felt and what i thought. I spouted a bit to be funny, but the emotion in this thread appears mainly in the indignance of my detractors, and the attempted forced compassion. Mari melts down, and huffs off, and you are jumping up and down about MY emotions? It comes down to the fact that I said something that a few people took exception to for one reason or another, and I won't back down. That may not be very popular on a social level, but I wouldn't call it childish. If you need an example of childishness for contrast, see sycamore's last couple of posts. ya weirdo.