The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 01-31-2006, 07:30 PM   #151
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

maybe we need a 'HALL OF SHAME'........ just saying.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:44 PM   #152
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
I think it's only working for you because of pre-existing animosity towards UG.

Viewed in isolation, dov is still an ass.
So is ug.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:54 PM   #153
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV
Two thumbs down so far. I'm glad I asked. I appreciate your perspective. Thanks.
A thumb up here.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 08:01 PM   #154
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy
maybe we need a 'HALL OF SHAME'........ just saying.
HoF works for those, too. Check it out. It's a place where the best can rest and it works for jerks.
Quote:
This thread is intended to preserve those posts in one place, a Hall of Fame for posts so funny, insightful, or incendiary that they deserve to be remembered. Posts so passionate, so right, or so, so wrong that you want to hang it on the wall like a trophy.
Score:

Up 1
Down 2
Abstentions 2
Old 01-31-2006, 08:21 PM   #155
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Up 1
Down 2
Abstentions 2
I don't give a shit 1
Old 01-31-2006, 10:17 PM   #156
dov

Two days and I am the talk of the town.

Two days and my opening thread is 156.

Bac, my personal favourite, relative to lies and ignorance, will easily hit 100 plus.

Vets is closest to my heart, to me they are a tragedy and I feel for them, it is beyond posting. Vets should be the number one American issue, (it won’t be), in terms of impact, more so than the eight trillion, Abu Ghraib, social security, and OBL, etc.

Someone dear to me figured out why AQ have not attacked yet,
(they will.)

AQ is waiting for about 700k psychotic vets to return and do AQ’S job for them.

I inquired when I first arrived if I needed to stick to Pollyanna. You said no, go for it. I am going for it.

Silly to judge me so quickly, I am going through growing pains, new sight. I am human and have insecurities. It has been my nature to push buttons when I am in a new environment, sit back and watch the reactions. I would not call this a positive character trait, good or bad it works for me. If anyone is thin skinned and have allowed my manipulation to harm you, I am sorry. Personally, I could never understand it, being emotional over some black squiggly lines on a white background.

There are some here I like and respect and I believe I will continue to.

There are some who are shit, always been shit and always will be shit.

I am enjoying myself here, a good format and an eclectic group of posters.

Thank you

Last edited by dov; 01-31-2006 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:35 PM   #157
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

man. i wish i had the time i used to. lots of shit to stir here.

back to work
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:21 PM   #158
Redux

Dov....we are greeting your new government in what is becoming a US tradition with our allies:

Quote:
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - U.S. troops in Iraq fired warning shots at the Canadian envoy's car on Tuesday after it failed to slow down while approaching an American military convoy, the U.S. military said on Wednesday.

But a Canadian diplomatic spokeswoman had a different account. She said there was "to say the least reasonable" space between the vehicles and there were no warning shots or signals before three bullets hit the car.....

US Troops Fire on Canadian Envoy
Old 02-02-2006, 12:39 AM   #159
dov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux
Dov....we are greeting your new government in what is becoming a US tradition with our allies:
dux, wasn’t warning shots. They were shooting to kill. (and they were such shitty shooters they missed)

dux, you are one of the more aware, politically wise, international, domestic, that I have the pleasure of knowing.

I would be willing to bet, (sorry I never, ever, gamble, it is a figure of speech), I am pretty sure you are not aware to the extent that, I would say humble, Canadian soldiers are presently doing in Afghanistan. (No green zone for them, not that the green zone is safe as we all know. 1001 ways to fuck up an invasion.)
Old 02-02-2006, 12:51 AM   #160
dov

Dux, already over forty percent of those young men (my sons are 21 years old, I identify) have PTSD. They are very sick human beings and will be for the remainder of their lives, which may not be a long life. Almost 100 have killed themselves there, and that is the figure that squeezed its way into the sunlight.

Depleted Uranium? Another day, when she joins us.

Most of those boys are a might jumpy. Car? Moving? Shoot?
Old 02-02-2006, 01:03 AM   #161
dov

If it was the same professional hit squad that assassinated Italian intelligence agent Nicola Calipari and wounded Italian journalist Giuliana Sgrena, (they were not after Sgrena, she would be dead if they were, they killed the bigger fish, Calipari.)

Same squad? A Canadian would not be left alive in that car if it were their mission.

Armatures shot the car and windshield.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:46 PM   #162
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Not. Dov's a wimp. His claims of superior intelligence and wisdom don't convince.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:17 AM   #163
dov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla
His claims of superior intelligence and wisdom
Fabrication, some people call it lying or slander. I call it stupidity.

Show me my claim.

spin spin spinnnnnnnnn, enjoy.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:34 AM   #164
dov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - U.S. troops in Iraq fired warning shots at the Canadian envoy's car on Tuesday after it failed to slow down while approaching an American military convoy, the U.S. military said on Wednesday.

But a Canadian diplomatic spokeswoman had a different account. She said there was "to say the least reasonable" space between the vehicles and there were no warning shots or signals before three bullets hit the car.....
Dux, its becoming a habit.

Quote:
WASHINGTON (CP) - The U.S. State Department is calling it regrettable that a vehicle carrying four Canadian diplomats in Baghdad came under friendly fire from U.S. soldiers.The incident, which happened Tuesday in a heavily guarded area of the city known as the Green Zone, is under review by the U.S. military, a department spokesman says.
We feel so much more secure now that the U.S. State Department is calling it regrettable.

Could have been worse. Oops, it was worse.

Dux, I am sure you remember when the Americans dropped bombs on our Canadian troops.

Quote:
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan (CNN) -- A U.S. fighter pilot involved in a "friendly fire" incident that killed four Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan dropped a laser-guided bomb after his commanders denied permission to do so, U.S. officials said Thursday.

Another eight Canadians were wounded in the incident early Thursday near Kandahar when the U.S. jet dropped a 500-pound bomb on them during a training mission, U.S. and Canadian military officials said.

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/a...nistan.canada/
Later I will check out how many Brits were murdered, ummm. PC, I mean were killed by friendly fire.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:07 AM   #165
dov

Dammit, I will have to incorporate reporters murdered, ooops, killed by friendly American fire in Iraq along with the Brit stats. I bet reporters win. Nam has to be in the post somewhere, I am sure, probably reporters killed in Nam verses reporters killed in Iraq, correlating Nan was much longer.

later.