The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #181
monster
I hear them call the tide

I wonder if you could use a period cup to treat a verruca?

oh, btw, most effective is to put duct tape on 'em. they need air. no air, they die. we combine the acid and duct tape very effectively for the sprogs' footal afflictions.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #182
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Wait till we get to the part about the pus
Old 04-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #183
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Mine always hurt terribly, but that's okay because after I figured out what they were, now I can tell one is developing before it's even truly a wart. I have to get my foot all the way up in my face to see the tiny little circle so I know where to put the salicylic acid dot. It kills the skin down to maybe a millimeter below the surface, and I can pick the whole thing off.

Then another one shows up 3 weeks later. They're worse in the spring, but I don't know if that's because the virus (it's a virus, right?) thrives better in the spring, or just because I'm more likely to go outside barefoot in the spring.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:20 PM   #184
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

It's a virus.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #185
glatt

I used to have warts growing up. My dad always had liquid nitrogen around his lab, so we'd go up there and dip q-tips in the liquid nitrogen and then hold them against the warts. It was fun watching the skin freeze.

After I moved away, I'd invert a can of Dust Off and freeze the warts by spraying 'em with that. I seem to have outgrown warts. I have a couple tiny bumps where warts used to be, but I don't get big ones.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:54 PM   #186
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
It's a virus.
Like herpes?

Does anyone have any secrets involving, like, buttered popcorn or rainbows or puppies or sumpin'?

infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #187
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Does anyone have any secrets involving, like, buttered popcorn or rainbows or puppies or sumpin'?
Oh sure, we always rubbed Orville Redenbacher's popcorn on new born puppies and put them in the microwave to see what would pop first! And if you looked inside when the puppies popped they looked just like RAINBOWS! It was awesome!.....
Old 04-06-2011, 02:28 AM   #188
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Oh sure, we always rubbed Orville Redenbacher's popcorn on new born puppies and put them in the microwave to see what would pop first! And if you looked inside when the puppies popped they looked just like RAINBOWS! It was awesome!.....
Great.

Now I'm hungry.

Gives a new meaning to 'puppy chow'...

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:32 AM   #189
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Here's one about puppies.

My parents used to breed hunting dogs when I was kid. It was nothing for there to be up to 30 puppies in the yard at times.

Just so no one gets any puppy farm fantasies going, we had half an acre yard and the dogs and pups had free reign. They were always fat and had lots of love. Mainly from me, but Mum used to spend a lot of time with them too.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:43 AM   #190
casimendocina
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
Here's one about puppies.

My parents used to breed hunting dogs when I was kid. It was nothing for there to be up to 30 puppies in the yard at times.

Just so no one gets any puppy farm fantasies going, we had half an acre yard and the dogs and pups had free reign. They were always fat and had lots of love. Mainly from me, but Mum used to spend a lot of time with them too.
Awwwwwwwwwwww. I love the way puppies play vigorously and then in the space of a second go to sleep with no inbetween stage.
casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:27 AM   #191
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
But that's not a secret.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #192
casimendocina
Professor

Maternity Wear.

The file is way too big, but it does show the detail of the skirt which I really like. Unfortunately, this particular brand is no more. The waist line dips to accommodate stomach or lack thereof. With a shirt that covers the waistline, no-one would ever be able to tell the difference.
Attached Images

Last edited by casimendocina; 04-07-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #193
casimendocina
Professor

I've got a closeup of the waistband but need to make the image smaller...haven't quite managed that yet. Soon, very soon.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #194
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Are you expecting?
Old 04-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #195
casimendocina
Professor

No, the post was the result of something that MTP posted about maternity wear....in short, a lot of the stuff that is made now will accommodate anyone. The reason I have a couple of pieces is a friend's mother in law had a label so when they brought out a new range, the friend would let people know. She was a brilliant clothing selector so would select pieces that suited and quite often there would be a discount to go with it. I adore this skirt and when it wears out will probably have a copy made. Unless you look at the waistband, you would never know.

I also have a coat from the same label which evokes similar feelings (i.e. a perfect piece of clothing). Unfortunately, it's back in Oz in a box in the shed though as I didn't think I would have any cause to make use of it in the tropics.