Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 02-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #241
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Last edited by Griff; 02-02-2013 at 11:37 AM. Reason: never mind not putting myself between the nuts again
The Griff giveth and the Griff taketh away.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #242
IamSam
Now living the life of a POW

Heh! You think that by quoting Griff, you can get me to be polite to YOU, as well? Nice try, Sexter!

I haven't forgotten whatever it was cute little trick you played in that thread in some forum down near the bottom of the Cellar (which is pretty low) about something that everyone thought was EVER so important at some vague time in the past.

Although, including Griff's reason for editing (which I didn't notice when I first read his response) was clever enough.

However, since there's so many nuts around here, here's a few extra nuts to you, since you lack the balls to speak for yourself!

Last edited by IamSam; 02-02-2013 at 01:40 PM.
IamSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #243
sexobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamSam View Post
... However, since there's so many nuts around here, here's a few extra nuts to you ...
Thanks, I knew I could count on you, the squirrely ones always have nuts to spare.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #244
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

To settle this I go to the highest authority, RedState.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #245
sexobon

Here's a decently written article that gives insight into the confusion: http://m.jacksonville.com/news/metro...g-wont-go-away
Old 02-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #246
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
When you say that they can only be used to hunt and kill humans ["His guns only have one purpose. To hunt and kill humans."] you deny the reality that they can also be used in self defense just as readily as a single shot pistol or a baseball bat.
A) If assault weapons are for personal defense, then so are 155 mm howitzers. The obvious conclusion using your logic (rhetoric). What does one really need for defense? A 22 Derringer. Or a shotgun. Why does anyone need NATO gauge weapons? Many adults still think like fearful children. Why did my father so love advertising? (Will you again reply with an extremist cheapshot or this time reply to that actual fact?). Fun is to manipulate those who parrot propaganda. Who can not think for themselves. Propaganda inspires adults who are still children.

B) Why do cops routinely not carry assault rifles? Those most easily manipulated will avoid damning facts. Even cops only need such weapons when adults (who are still children) are hunting other humans. What is the best heavy weapon used by cops? Shotgun. A weapon that will always be legal because it is a weapon of choice among adults who are adults.

A shotgun is too little thrill. So NATO weapons, armor piecing rounds, bazookas, and big clips are needed. Shredding a paper target is a bigger hard-on than putting holes in it. NRA rhetoric targets adults who 'feel' they know.

C) Sexbon's reasoning proves Americans have a right to and need for 155 mm howitzers and grenades. Purpose of assault weapons is only to kill humans. Sexbon et al will recite myths, lies, rhetoric, or advertising to avoid that reality.

Wackos also said civilians need hollow point bullets. Because the NRA said so. No civilian needs hollow point bullets (also called cop killers). Cops are the enemy of extremists. The NRA knows who to brainwash to increase profits. People who know only using emtion.

Even ghettos are now safer because more people carry weapons: using NRA and Sexbon logic.

D) Why did the NRA push through laws that ban government from doing research? NRA must empower the dumbest among us. NRA's greatest fears were found in a CDC study that proved that a homeowner's gun is 43 times more likely to be used on a family member. Demonstrates why a gun is a poor defensive weapon. NRA must keep facts from adults who are adults. So that wackos can justify 3 to 13 bullets in the bodies of 1st graders.

BTW, research also says most human hunters are not mentally unstable. But are emotional; characteristic of an adult who is still a child. Profits are highest among the adults most easily manipulated by emotion and propaganda. NRA propaganda targets adults who 'know' using emotion rather then the prefrontal cortex.

Fun is brainwashing those who are so easily manipulated by emotion and spin.

E) What is the purpose of the NRA? Maximize profits. Nothing else. Also the purpose of the mafia. Maximize profits at expense of everything (everyone) else. NRA must even subvert informed discussion and research. So that lies will prove assault weapons are needed for personal safety.

Sexbon proves why all need hollow point bullets and 155 mm howitzers. Sexbon recited NRA rhetoric. Because that increases industry profits - the NRA's only purpose. NRA targets adults who are most easily brainwashed by rhetoric. Had Sexbon asked a damning question, then he would not be justifying 155 mm howitzers and anti-tank weapons.

F) 47 rounds every minute do not happen when the clip must be repeatedly replaced. Obvious if thinking for yourself - not reciting an NRA lie.

Informed moderates know why the LI Railroad shooter killed so few people. He had to reload. Therefore he was taken out by people using their weapons - hands and feet. The emotional (illogical) need big clips to hunt and kill more poeple. Big clips and assault weapons have no other purpose.

Last edited by tw; 02-02-2013 at 07:31 PM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #247
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
B) Why do cops routinely not carry assault rifles?
Because they prefer an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle.
From the Massachusetts Municipal Police Training Committee’s Basic Firearms Instructor Course.

Quote:
We have found most officers have difficulty hitting the MPTC Q target with regularity using their service pistol at distances further than the 10 yard line. Now, factor in the stress level of a life and death encounter with rapidly evolving circumstances – the actual hit ratio drops even further. Beyond 15 yards the shotgun with multiple round projectile, may yield more hit potential however the recoil and manual operation of the shotgun has historically proved to be an issue with some Officers. If the load is buck shot, beyond 18 yards the shot spread will begin to exceed the width of the torso. This violates the accountability for all rounds down range rule. The slug round provides the logical alternative with longer range, more accuracy and no shot spread. It also has greater penetration which can be considered both a positive and negative factor when considering its use in urban areas or near thin walled homes. Conversely, the most popular patrol rifle round, the 5.56mm NATO (.223 Remington) will penetrate fewer walls than service pistol rounds or 12 gauge slugs.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #248
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Because they prefer an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle.
Cops are not routinely patroling with AR-15s. Which cop has that weapon? Snipers and SWAP. Armed with assault weapons only when an excessively armed wacko is hunting humans.

Heavy weapon of choice in most situations: shotgun. AR-15 used when cops might go on offense (like a soldier) against a heavily armed and emotional adult. Even a stun gun is a more useful weapon.

All cops are trained in assault weapons. Assault rifle is an offensive weapon. And not used by cops for patrolling. We need all cops trained in AR-15 due to a violent world desired by the NRA - to increase industry profits.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #249
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You're out of touch, tw. Police departments all over the country are making up budget shortfalls by taking Homeland Security money to train in counter-terrorist tactics, and equipping cops with AR-15's and body armor. They're not swat teams, regular cops. They don't walk around with that gear but it's in the trunk of the cruiser.

Portland.,Washington, DC , San Diego, to name a few.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #250
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
They're not swat teams, regular cops. They don't walk around with that gear but it's in the trunk of the cruiser.
No cop patrols with AR-15s. He patrols with a 9 mm and stun gun.

If any department has not trained every officer with AR-15s, then we must fired his town council. Being trained in an AR-15 does not mean cops patrol with those weapons. Locked in the trunk means he is patroling with lesser weapons.

Why in the trunk? So that a cop can eventually convert from being a patrol officer to being a sniper or SWAP team member. Necessary when an extremist adult (who is still a child) is hunting humans.

BTW, only some patrol cars have AR-15s in the trunk. Many if not most do not.

What heavy weapon is locked on the dash or in the trunk of most every cop car? Shotgun. Because even a shotgun is not needed during most patrols.

All cops are trained in AR-15 because the NRA and too many extremists want assault weapons and armor piecing bullets. That does not mean cops routinely patrol with AR-15s on their holster as you would have us believe.

Just because every cop is trained in AR-15s does not mean all cops patrol the streets with AR-15s. How often do you see the beat cop patrolling with an AR-15 in his hands?
Old 02-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #251
IamSam

Quote:

If any department has not trained every officer with AR-15s, then they must fire upon their town council.
Fixed that for you.

(Sorry, couldn't resist. )
Old 02-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #252
sexobon

Tw,

With all due respect due another dwellar,

Gibberish, all you've done is what you always do, you take what someone says and extrapolate it to ridiculous proportions which they never said, implied; or meant in a lame effort to discredit them. To hear you tell it, anyone who disagrees with you can't possibly be their own person with their own ideas and are nothing more than someone else's puppet or child. As the song goes:

"When I'm watchin' my TV
And a man comes on and tells me
How white my shirts can be
But he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke
The same cigarettes as me
"

This is how you relate to others. These are basic propagandist techniques, bad advertising methods passed down from father to son, which you have come to live by.

I'm experienced with firearms from .22 cal. revolvers to 50 cal. machine guns including M60s, M16s, AK47s, sniper systems, suppressed (a.k.a. silenced) 9mm submachine guns (e.g. HK MP5 SD3); also, pistols and revolvers with various actions in a wide range of calibers. It's been a part of my job as an American Special Forces soldier. I've fired more than 47 rpm from a single semiautomatic pistol with magazine changes. Yet you say " F) 47 rounds every minute do not happen when the clip must be repeatedly replaced." Speak for your unaccomplished self.

You are entitled to your own opinions; but, not to your own facts. Regarding hollow point [you say "(also called cop killers)"] bullets, even the police (local to federal) use them. They use them because they are believed to be more effective than other designs. Civilians use them for the same reason. Your application of the tern "cop killers" to hollow points is quintessential leftwing deceptive propaganda. Actual "cop killer bullets" are those coated with Teflon or nylon, hard core (not hollow point) so as to pierce bullet proof vests that police often wear. Only ignorant lay people with whacko extremist agendas equate the two.

Your obvious incompetence with even the simplest of premises in this discussion indicates a below average IQ and/or a paranoid delusional state of mind. All of your presented "facts" are likewise skewed and not worth addressing. You present as a subversive seeking to disarm Americans. Get your act together son.

Last edited by sexobon; 02-02-2013 at 10:34 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-02-2013, 10:21 PM   #253
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
How often do you see the beat cop patrolling with an AR-15 in his hands?
Never, because beat cops went out with sword fighting and knickers. Catch up.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:56 AM   #254
IamSam

Quote:
Here's a decently written article that gives insight into the confusion: http://m.jacksonville.com/news/metro...g-wont-go-away
I see why tonchi likes you.

From your excellent link:

Quote:
There was a gun found in Lanza’s car, but it was a shotgun. The primary weapon used in the Dec. 14 attack, said Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance, “was a Bushmaster AR-15 assault-type weapon.”
My hypothesis that if "Adak posts it, there's something wrong with it," continues to hold true.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:45 AM   #255
tw

Quote:
You are entitled to your own opinions; but, not to your own facts. .
Nice if you replied just once with facts. Your experience is both useless and irrelevant to this discussion. Somehow you are an expert because you fired some big guns? Somehow we should know an AR-15 Bushmaster was not used in Sandy Hook because you said so? You know because you fired big guns? Apparently the thrill of firing a big gun proves superior knowledge.

Then explain why assault weapons are necessary for personal defense. You made that claim without justification. And then posted nasty to avoid hard fact with numbers. An adult need not prove claims with disparaging replies. But you deflect reality by doing what Limbaugh, an extremist, or a child would do. Attack the messenger using accusations such as "gibberish".

Assault weapons are for personal defense when one is told so by propaganda. If an extremist, then reality must be 'gibberish'. It must be true. You said it.

Firing big guns proves assault weapons are necessary for personal defense? CDC research says otherwise: ie "43 times". Which is a fact and which is an emotion?

No civilian needs assault weapons for defense. Even beat cops (who drive squad cars, walk shopping malls, ride bicycles, etc) don't carry assault weapons for defense. But somehow, you know otherwise? Feeling it is true proves it must be true? Making denigrating accusation means reality can be ignored? I am so hurt to discover everyone in the Cellar hates me. More empty accusations invented to elude reality. And to deny facts.

A child will belittle rather than prove empty claims "Assault weapons are needed for personal defense?" You made the claim. Prove it as an adult would. As an adult, I am holding your feet to the fire. Prove you claims with facts - not personal attacks.

Adults who were still children also *knew* that smoking cigarettes increased health. Propaganda said so. So it must be true. When we discussed that reality, you directed cruel remarks at me. As if being nasty proved something other than how you think. Maybe this time you could address the topic? I doubt it. So prove me wrong.

Why does the NRA need 'gun violence' research banned? Why do you know a gun is not 43 times more likely to be used on a family member? If facts are posted multiple times, then will you address facts rather than post spiteful like a child? History says you will either post angry. Or run away. For one simple reason. It was always a myth. Assault rifles, big clips, and 155 mm howitzers are not for personal safety.