The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 05-25-2011, 11:24 AM   #256
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

A lot of democrats don't care about the "christian/non-christian" thing. Only 7% said muslim. The other large percentage was don't know, which would translate for me "don't care."

So, NOT saying he's christian does not equal "he's muslim."

Or something.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #257
Rhianne
Nearly done.

There are two different types of 'don't know'.

Q1. Does Infinite Monkey have any children?
A. I don't know, we've never spoke about it and I haven't heard, I have no way of knowing.

Q2. Is Barack Obama a Muslim?
A. I don't know, he says he's a Christian but he looks like one of 'em Muslims to me.
Rhianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #258
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
They discovered the nickname of Bin Laden's body guard/primary courier at Guantanamo. It was a long complicated investigation from there.
Well a number of high ranking officials said the Enhanced Interrogation Techniques played a part in finding Bin Laden, among them were Leon Panetta, CIA Chief, who stated on NBC's Brian Williams that the intell obtained via enhanced interrogations helped the agency find Bin Laden. Jose Rodriguez also stated for Time Magazine that such techniques made the operation possible. He ran the CIA counterterrorism center from 2002 - 2005. So I guess they lied.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:55 PM   #259
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhianne View Post
There are two different types of 'don't know'.

Q1. Does Infinite Monkey have any children?
A. I don't know, we've never spoke about it and I haven't heard, I have no way of knowing.

Q2. Is Barack Obama a Muslim?
A. I don't know, he says he's a Christian but he looks like one of 'em Muslims to me.
I think Colbert did a bit like that. Something to the effect:

I don't know that Sarah Palin suckles ligers at her breast.

I don't know that Karl Rove suck big donkey dicks.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #260
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

This is getting good!
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:16 PM   #261
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Well a number of high ranking officials said the Enhanced Interrogation Techniques played a part in finding Bin Laden, among them were Leon Panetta, CIA Chief, who stated on NBC's Brian Williams that the intell obtained via enhanced interrogations helped the agency find Bin Laden.
You can spin his statement pretty much any way you want. He doesn't say the water boarding helped. He said it happened.

Quote:
BRIAN WILLIAMS: I'd like to ask you about the sourcing on the intel that ultimately led to this successful attack. Can you confirm that it was as a result of waterboarding that we learned what we needed to learn to go after bin Laden?

LEON PANETTA: You know Brian, in the intelligence business you work from a lot of sources of information, and that was true here. We had a multiple source -- a multiple series of sources -- that provided information with regards to this situation. Clearly, some of it came from detainees and the interrogation of detainees. But we also had information from other sources as well. So, it's a little difficult to say it was due just to one source of information that we got.

WILLIAMS: Turned around the other way, are you denying that waterboarding was in part among the tactics used to extract the intelligence that led to this successful mission?

PANETTA: No, I think some of the detainees clearly were, you know, they used these enhanced interrogation techniques against some of these detainees. But I'm also saying that, you know, the debate about whether we would have gotten the same information through other approaches I think is always going to be an open question.

WILLIAMS: So, finer point, one final time, enhanced interrogation techniques -- which has always been kind of a handy euphemism in these post-9/11 years -- that includes waterboarding?

PANETTA: That's correct.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #262
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
You can spin his statement pretty much any way you want. He doesn't say the water boarding helped. He said it happened.
No, he was purposefully vague. He never confirmed nor denied that it was specifically waterboarding that was what got the confessions. He said Enhanced Interrogation Techniques. That can be a whole list of things. He said those techniques contributed to the capture. Nothing more, nothing less. And you can spin it anyway you want, actionable information was gathered, albeit, delayed, that lead to the eventual killing of OBL.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:18 AM   #263
Rhianne
Nearly done.

The truth is that we don't know for sure one way or the other.

The only thing we can be sure of is that anyone who automatically believes what the politicians and military people involved say is an utter fool.
Rhianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #264
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhianne View Post
The truth is that we don't know for sure one way or the other.
And that should be the end of it, and people who respect the profession should STFU and leave it alone. Stop asking questions and move about with the same level of Freedom you had a little while ago. Obama had very little to do with this mission, other than giving the ok. Does any swinging dick here think for one minute that Clinton or Bush 1 or Bush 2 or Kennedy for that matter would not have given the same go ahead given the current situation???? No. Every single one of them would have done the same thing. And that is why Obama had little to nothing to do with the event. The curry goes to those in the arena who have been on the hunt since day one, long before Obama came on the scene. Obama pushed the button, but 99% of those before him would have done the same thing, and that makes his action irrelevant. I give him much less credit than those in the field, who set the stage before him who did the work and get none of the glory. As it should be....

Just don't try to get re-elected on the event or I and many others will crucify you for your attempts to exploit the event that you had very little to do with....
Old 06-02-2011, 11:09 PM   #265
Fair&Balanced
Operations Operative

Quote:
...Just don't try to get re-elected on the event or I and many others will crucify you for your attempts to exploit the event that you had very little to do with....
You're gonna crucify Obama or just more Mercenary Madness?
Fair&Balanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:10 PM   #266
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced View Post
You're gonna crucify Obama or just more Mercenary Madness?
You coward Reflux. Come on dude own up.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #267
TheMercenary

ANYone but Obama in 2012. Shit, I could elect Micky Mouse and this mofo could do a better job than this asshole.

Last edited by TheMercenary; 06-02-2011 at 11:24 PM.
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #268
Fair&Balanced
Operations Operative

Quote:
You coward Reflux. Come on dude own up.
You're delusional and obsessed with a relationship that only exists in your mind. Kinda scary but still amusing.
Fair&Balanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:13 PM   #269
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced View Post
You're delusional and obsessed with a relationship that only exists in your mind. Kinda scary but still amusing.
I agree, anyone who can continue to support this asshole of a President is completely delusional. Great entertainment if I may say so.... carry on.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:27 PM   #270
TheMercenary

Obama is out in 2012.