The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 04-21-2009, 09:54 PM   #2851
monster
I hear them call the tide

You are? who would've guessed? :p

I'm not a blonde fan. I'm especially not a bleach blonde fan. But most of all, I get really pissed when people say "you shouldn't do that because I think this looks better on you". Those people can fuck right off. It's about how it makes you feel, not about how others perceive you. Just like the AA "fake it" thing. If you feel good, people will perceive you as looking good. Bright hair makes some of us feel good. unfortunately, the "how you feel" bit is lost in pictures posted on the internet.

weird-colored hair is FUCKING AWESOME. Especially when you are depressed and not feeling in control of much of the rest of your life and particularly your body, and when you want people to stop pigeon-holing you by how you look or what you do and when you just need to MAKE A FUCKING STATEMENT....

oh sorry, was i ranting?
Old 04-21-2009, 09:57 PM   #2852
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode View Post
I like the blonde as well. .
You're a bloke. that's like saying you like tits.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #2853
jinx
Come on, cat.

She's got you there Patrick...
Old 04-21-2009, 10:38 PM   #2854
Beest
Adapt and Survive

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
You're a bloke. that's like saying you like tits.
I don't prefer blondes ( go figure), maybe I'm not a Gentleman.

Tits on the other hand...
or the first hand, or both .
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:46 PM   #2855
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beest View Post
I don't prefer blondes ( go figure), maybe I'm not a Gentleman.
you have long hair. AND fingernails

weirdo.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:16 PM   #2856
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Ahhh...yep, you were ranting monster.

I don't think I said anything about not putting other colours in her hair though...just expressing my opinion on which pic I liked the best. I thought I was being very complimentary actually. I'm sure Cherry will do what she wants with her hair regardless of what anyone here says...and so she should. It's her head.

eta: OK just went and read my post again. I see that I did offer to send a product to help keep it blonde, so that could be taken as me telling her not to put other colours in, but surely it's obvious I was just responding to Cherry saying it was brassy?
Old 04-22-2009, 12:06 AM   #2857
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
weird-colored hair is FUCKING AWESOME. Especially when you are depressed and not feeling in control of much of the rest of your life and particularly your body, and when you want people to stop pigeon-holing you by how you look or what you do and when you just need to MAKE A FUCKING STATEMENT....
Yeah! Right on! You go girl!

But... pouring those nasty chemicals on your head several times a week is not healthy. Making a statement does not mean writing a book. :p
Old 04-22-2009, 04:10 AM   #2858
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

The nasty bit is the blonde - I have to bleach my hair with peroxide to get it that colour. The natural bit is the vegetable dye, which washes out slowly over a period of about 10 washes, because it doesn't fully permeate the shaft of the hair. I can get approx four applications of the brighter colours on top of one session of bleach - I only rebleach to match my roots.

Personally, I think that picture was a fluke and would have looked good regardles of hair colour. I know I personally like it better than any other photo I've taken of myself in the last year - it really cheered me up when I came in and got a look at it full size. In fact if Dad didn't have a low quality printer, I'd have it on photo paper and in a frame right now

But Monster is right. I am going through a phase of wanting to show off my plumage. It does make me feel as if I am an individual who has opinions to be respected, who has a right to be noticed, who isn't some fat depressive who melts into the background in a pool of woe and is a burden on society. I'm working on the reasons for those feelings with health care professionals. I'm working on being a blot on the landscape every day, and every day I'm taking up less room.

So for now, I'll make my statement about who I want to be via my hair, at some point it might just become a badge, in which case I'll take it off and make my statement via my personality. On the other hand I've experimented with hair colours and styles since I was 11 and was allowed to use a wash-in wash-out colour during school holidays. I might stick with bold/ metallic colours for a long time. Depends where my mood takes me.

And of course i realise not everyone likes bright colours. I'm not vain enough to think that everyone is looking at my hair and wishing they could have it too. Well, excepting most 10 year old girls. If more people thought it was as great as Monster and I do, more people would have their hair that colour. And I'd probably be ice blonde as a way of standing out.

Genuine thanks for the compliments - I don't post here to get them, I post here to share, and therefore I appreciate them all the more, even if it's for something I have decided against.
And thanks for the offer Ali, but I'll pass this time.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:57 AM   #2859
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

My compliment was not a dig at anything. I was just commenting.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #2860
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
But... pouring those nasty chemicals on your head several times a week is not healthy.

Several times a week? hair colors have come a long way since your time, granddad! although they had cochineal even way back then... :p
Old 04-22-2009, 11:14 PM   #2861
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Well duh, not when you post several different colors in the same week. Try to keep up, will ya?
Old 04-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #2862
Juniper
I know, right?

SG and monster (and anyone else), help me out. My 13 year old daughter (very light blonde, naturally) wants to dye a stripe or two of bright red in her hair. I don't have a problem with it, even though "washes out in 10 weeks" is a joke when your hair is that light. It's really more like 10 MONTHS. Trust me on that, we did it with purple a couple years ago.

But dad says NO. Says the old usual stuff, "you're pretty like you are..." and "you're too young."

Hogwash, I say. It's not about being already pretty, it's about doing something interesting. She's too young for kissing and dating, but hair color? One stripe, not her whole head! If that's the craziest thing she does, we're in real good shape.

Got any pithy quotes I can use on him?

(truth be told, we're probably gonna do it anyway. )

DD a couple years ago with purple:

Last edited by Juniper; 04-23-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:18 AM   #2863
Juniper
I know, right?

Oh and I forgot to add, SG, I like the blonde too. It makes you look so *healthy.*

I am planning to color my own today, actually. I think I'll go a bit lighter.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:41 AM   #2864
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
Got any pithy quotes I can use on him?
Tell him she's getting a tattoo and peircing! :p
Old 04-23-2009, 11:32 AM   #2865
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Well speaking as a father, drama over hairstyles is just something I'd rather my wife and daughter work out on their own. I wouldn't dream of contradicting any decision my wife made in that arena.

I'd stop short of saying any husband who did weigh in was stupid for doing so, but... well, what can I say, most men are clueless about these things.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dwellar pictures