The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 12-06-2005, 09:02 PM   #16
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Els--is it possible that you are drunk?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 09:08 PM   #17
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
Els--is it possible that you are drunk?
Naked womens, is naked womens. You never know what you're gonna get until you unwrap 'em. That's why naked womens is good.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 09:39 PM   #18
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Naked womens, is naked womens. You never know what you're gonna get until you unwrap 'em. That's why naked womens is good.

OH that SOOOO needs to go on a t-shirt !!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2005, 10:49 PM   #19
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Methinks Lisa Franzetta is an attention whore.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:46 AM   #20
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerstle
"...but hunting is a choice and undertaken almost solely for the pleasure of killing animals (please note - consensus of opinion - not my view)."

whose consensus? I don't know if i agree with this...
I was referring to most people I know, or more accurately most people I have discussed this with. Perhaps it's because in this country, hunting is often associated with fox hunting and hare coursing.

My personal views on hunting match yours.

I wouldn't want to hunt my own meat because I doubt I'd catch anything & would just end up cold & miserable. But if my meat consumption depended on it, I'd find some way of taking part.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:34 AM   #21
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyt

OH that SOOOO needs to go on a t-shirt !!!!!!!
Large, 100% cotton. I'll take two.

And a coffee mug.

What the hell, I'll take the hat too.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:45 AM   #22
magilla
Belt Conveyor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenv
As for PETA, they kill all kinds of pets. Between 1998 and 2004 they killed 12,473 of the 15,661 animals they received in their Norfolk VA headquarters. That is a 79.6% kill rate with only 18.5% adopted. In 2000, when the Associated Press first noted PETA's Kervorkian-esque tendencies, PETA president Ingrid Newkirk complained that actually taking care of animals costs more than killing them. "We could become a no-kill shelter immediately," she admitted.

PETA kills animals. Because it has other financial priorities like fund raising.

And they are actually one of the chief terrorist groups in the country according to a friend who is a trained security consultant.

Check out http://www.petakillsanimals.com/
To give PETA their due, they take in a lot of animals who are just not going to survive, and they euthanize them. As a biologist who firmly believes in experimenting on animals, I am not the biggest cheerleader in the PETA fan club, but I do believe the animals need to be treated as humanely as possible and with dignity and respect. I don't like PETA's tactics (they destroy or vandalize personal property, and endanger peoples' lives) but they have helped in stopping the worst excesses of groups like the cosmetics industry, who were tormenting animals for no really good reason (using animals when they didn't have to, needlessly keeping animals in terrible conditions, that sort of thing).

Just remember that PETA is one of those "big tent" groups that pulls in anyone from well-meaning but ignorant people, fund-raising sharps, vegans, ovo-lactans, new-age crystal-power gurus, you name it. And folks like the young lady pictured above. "It's for the animals!" Kind of like "What about the children?!"

Chris
magilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:23 AM   #23
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I think Avon dumped the bunnies long before PETA came on the scene. That was the work of a LOT of organizations involved in aminal welfare causes.

PETA just reaps the benefits of that.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:13 PM   #24
Karenv
Slacker

Well not only do they kill lots of animals, donated by people who expect that an animal rights group is a group that has a no-kill policy, but they fund terror groups like the Earth Liberation Front, the Animal Liberation Front, the arsonist Rodney Coronado ($75,000 in legal defense funds). No matter what ms. kitty cat says about not having a connection- their tax returns tell a different story.

http://www.activistcash.com/organiza...iew.cfm/oid/21

Look, I applaud people raising concerns about animal experimentation and inhumane treatment of animals. I think factory farms are an abomination and I try to eat only organic meat from small farms where I (or my food coop members) can talk to the farmers. But this group is beyond the pale.
Karenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 04:39 PM   #25
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Looks to me as if the cruelty is directed at the bimb....I mean the young lady in the cage.
PETA sucks anyway. A very high profit non profit organization. Where the hell's Ted Nugent when you need him?
Old 12-07-2005, 05:24 PM   #26
Griff
still says videotape

We were cracking on my sister-in-law for her 30 dollar per month auto payment to PETA. Pete says "It could go to a worse outfit". I asked, "Like who?" She says, "Al Queda."
Old 12-08-2005, 12:23 AM   #27
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy
Where the hell's Ted Nugent when you need him?
He's busy. It's deer season.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 06:17 AM   #28
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Old 12-08-2005, 08:39 PM   #29
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by magilla
To give PETA their due, they take in a lot of animals who are just not going to survive, and they euthanize them. ~~snip
The animals being killed and dropped in dumpsters were in perfect condition when they were killed, according to the vet they were picked up from and forensic examination.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:19 AM   #30
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

In PETA's dictionary:

Kill : cruelty

euthanize: compassionate

what a bunch of anal openings.