The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-25-2006, 03:58 PM   #16
Flint
Snowflake

My flying dreams start with running, jumping, and willing gravity not to reclaim me. The jumps get longer, and higher, until I am in the clouds, flying. However, if I start to doubt my ability to do this, I start to fall again. I can focus on positive thoughts to slow the descent, but sometimes I still have to bounce off the ground a little to get back up.

The power to will myself into the air feels like it comes from within my chest.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:00 PM   #17
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
i had a whacked out dream about Pie. She was really pissed off about her husband's habit of collapsing on top of her and falling immediately to sleep after sex. She was ranting about it something fierce, because there was a particularly messy reason that he should not do this, while at the same time complimenting his performance and.....endowment. I noticed that she had 4 green rubber bands on her left wrist, and she explained that she put one on for each time he did this per week. I was able to calculate in the dream that they had done it more times than there were days in the week so far, and remember being perplexed that he had fallen asleep more than once in a day.

the end
It means:
If you fall asleep 4 times with green rubber bands around your dick, you will become more endowed. Seriously.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:01 PM   #18
Spexxvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint
My flying dreams start with running, jumping, and willing gravity not to reclaim me. The jumps get longer, and higher, until I am in the clouds, flying. However, if I start to doubt my ability to do this, I start to fall again. I can focus on positive thoughts to slow the descent, but sometimes I still have to bounce off the ground a little to get back up.

The power to will myself into the air feels like it comes from within my chest.
Sounds like super mario sunshine.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:28 PM   #19
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

My "flying" dreams are actually hovering dreams. I find that if I hold my breath and concentrate I can sort of "coast" a couple of feet over the ground, slightly faster than I can run.

Not very dramatic. I definitely wouldn't be a top tier superhero.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:37 PM   #20
glatt

Mostly I have mild nightmares. At least, they are what I remember.

Typically they will be me getting into some sort of social faux pas or doing something horrible that I would never do in real life. When I wake up, I'm momentarily ashamed/mortified, until I realize it's just a dream. Weird, huh?

Anyone know what might cause those kinds of dreams?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:45 PM   #21
Spexxvet

When I was very young, I had a recurring nightmare. I would describe it as something "trickling" but built and built until it overwhlemed me and everyone else. In eleventh grade, my class was watching a documentary in history. They showed a commercial for LBJ - it was a little girl pulling the petals off of a daisy, counting down from ten as she plucked each petal. When she got to five there was a voice over of a "rocket-type" countdown, which ended with a nuclear explosion. Sitting in class, I almost cried with fright - it was my childhood nightmare.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:49 PM   #22
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet
They showed a commercial for LBJ - it was a little girl pulling the petals off of a daisy, counting down from ten as she plucked each petal. When she got to five there was a voice over of a "rocket-type" countdown, which ended with a nuclear explosion. Sitting in class, I almost cried with fright - it was my childhood nightmare.
OMG. I JUST read a story, not five minutes ago, about that commercial. OMG. I wonder what that means?
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:50 PM   #23
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet
When I was very young, I had a recurring nightmare. I would describe it as something "trickling" but built and built until it overwhlemed me and everyone else. In eleventh grade, my class was watching a documentary in history. They showed a commercial for LBJ - it was a little girl pulling the petals off of a daisy, counting down from ten as she plucked each petal. When she got to five there was a voice over of a "rocket-type" countdown, which ended with a nuclear explosion. Sitting in class, I almost cried with fright - it was my childhood nightmare.
Daisy

the original commercial

Quote:
In the New York Times, Alessandra Stanley argues that the ad – which she calls "as disturbing — and arresting — as a hostage video from Iraq" – represents one of the few times that Democrats have put out an ad that successfully appeals to people's emotions. "In the recent past, it has been the Republican advertisements that have tended to be more bold and more memorable: the Willie Horton advertisements that George Bush used against Michael S. Dukakis in 1988 or the specter of stalking wolves that his son, George W. Bush, used to make Senator John Kerry seem weak on terrorism," she writes. "Democrats usually have to go back to 1964 and Lyndon B. Johnson’s 'Daisy' attack on Barry Goldwater to find comparably vivid ads. Until now, that is."
Old 10-25-2006, 05:07 PM   #24
Spexxvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
OMG. I JUST read a story, not five minutes ago, about that commercial. OMG. I wonder what that means?
It means you have to PM a nekkid pic of yourself. I call!
Old 10-25-2006, 06:00 PM   #25
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
Anyone know what might cause those kinds of dreams?
Sure. Total craziness. You need to be locked away, man.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:21 PM   #26
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV
The fuzzy quality of the video makes the girl look supercreepy--and reminds me of a recent nightmare I had.

I was riding in the backseat of a car, leaning my head against the half-open window, when an evil little girl floated up to the outside of the car, singing a child's song (I don't remember what it was now; probably for the best). She got really close to my ear, and as she reached the end of the song, I involuntarily sang the last couple of lines...and suddenly got sucked out of the car window! Woke up right after that, thinking, oh. my. god.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:24 PM   #27
Spexxvet

One, two,
Freddy's coming for you
Three, Four,
Better lock the door
Five, six
grab your crucifix
seven, eight
gonna stay up late
Nine, ten
never sleep again.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:43 PM   #28
Flint
Snowflake

Jesus Christ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecuracao
...I involuntarily sang the last couple of lines...and suddenly got sucked out of the car window!

Old 10-26-2006, 12:11 AM   #29
KinkyVixen
Marching In!

Does anyone know what it means if your dreams are constantly about being chased and or running from something? I've been having a lot of those dreams lately. The ones where you're running, scared, lost, and you wake up gasping for air, trying to catch your breath, or you wake up at the point in the dream where someone's hands are around your neck. Is that anxiety related? Anyone got any ideas?
Old 10-26-2006, 09:14 AM   #30
Flint
Snowflake

I have alot of dreams where I'm stepping on the brake pedal in my car and nothing happens... it just keeps pushing down, like a sponge.