The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-13-2008, 05:59 AM   #16
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

thank you, everyone of you, for the good advice. I feel much better about her and realize she is indeed very young and probably very afraid of life in general---hey, it's a tough world out there.

You guys are great and I'm glad I'm here.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:49 AM   #17
ferret88
(This space left intentionally UN-blank.)

My initial reaction was "maybe you remind her of someone with whom she's got some problem." If so, there's not much you can do about it.

Then I thought, "if I was in your position, I'd be going out of my way to say and do things just to get a reaction and see how long it takes someone else in the class to point out to her how much of a b!tch she's being and to STFU."
ferret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:17 AM   #18
Dingleschmutz
is not a palindrome...

I think it's because at the basest of levels, all women hate each other. They can cover this up at times by shopping our going out for drinks together, but that's just until they're out with a different "friend" and then the favorite activity turns into completely eviscerating the first "friend". Wash, rinse, repeat.

So my question is, why should you care? Yes, this one has an attitude, has yet to mature past the listening to emo music stage, and is probaby guilty of most of the things that the other posters have accused her of as evidenced by her refusal to acknowledge the time-honored woman tradition of only being snarky to another woman behind her back. All that means is that there's one less person in class that you have to play that "oh my gosh, how are you today!" small talk game that's interrupted with those overcompensating fake laughs that sound nothing like your real laughs because you're both way too concerned with making the other person believe that you don't actually hate her guts. And of course, as mentioned before, you also have a new target for cunt punts. I see no real downfall here.

P.S. I'm kidding.

Kind of.
Dingleschmutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:26 AM   #19
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I don't have time to read too many posts to know how often this has been said, but my summary can be complete in one word: jealousy. Pure and simple.

Don't people get tired of being cliches?
Old 05-13-2008, 09:03 AM   #20
Cloud

Quote:
all women hate each other?
uh . . . no.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:38 AM   #21
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

when we were young and courting, jinx and I were at a party. At this party, my friend Mike's current and ex-girlfriend somewhow were both in attendance. This caused some friction. I think I was dosed, so the memories are vague...

(I'm thinking this is the same party that I painted a beautiful earth on jinx's favorite jeans with fabric paint, and the words "Yove your Mother" around it. that's right Yove. wtf?)
...anyway.... one of the girlfriends was heard to shriek "I'll kick her in the cunt!" at top volume very many times while she was being dragged out of the party. I also remember one of them latching their teeth into Mike's arm and not letting go for an awkwardly long time.....

...good times.....good times.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:41 AM   #22
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

My first thought was, perhaps you remind her of her mother.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:00 PM   #23
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus View Post
My first thought was, perhaps you remind her of her mother.
Hm. Well. Perhaps.

I don't think women secretly hate each other, either. Only the very young immature woman/girl does that and not all of them, either.

She said something strange, too. this is a sophomore class (yeah, I'm a senior but the cancer/chemo/surgery thing left me too exhausted for Serious Stuff) and she is a sophomore. She came into class the other day and announced she'd "gotten into grad school!!!!"

Can one know as a sophomore if they've 'gotten into grad school'? Methinks no as you're really not even into your major yet---but, she may be a special case; started college at the age of 17 or something. Anyway--seemed just like another weird thing.

ok. I'll give her wide berth and just forget about it. I only mentioned it b/c I really AM trying to take in a wider world view. Some people will indeed just hate you for...whatev.

Plus, there's always kicking her in the cunt.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum

Last edited by Trilby; 05-13-2008 at 12:02 PM. Reason: add cunt comment
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:07 PM   #24
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
She said something strange, too. this is a sophomore class (yeah, I'm a senior but the cancer/chemo/surgery thing left me too exhausted for Serious Stuff) and she is a sophomore. She came into class the other day and announced she'd "gotten into grad school!!!!"
Maybe you misheard her: did she say she'd gotten her some Gardisil, instead?

Perhaps Daddy already made a payment to the Board at the grad school she's supposed to attend.

I don't think all women hate each other, either. I think women will notice more the qualities they find undesirable in other women, because women pay more attention. Most women, also, are not easily swayed by someone waving their boobies about the room.

She sounds like a punk ass punk with self-esteem issues; she's intimidated by a strong woman who doesn't need to shout about things that aren't even true.

Some of the best advice I ever got, from my ex father-in-law (a wonderful man): If someone is full of hot air, don't burst their balloon. Just prick them so they know they're leaking.

You can do that just by being wonderful you. I bet it drives her bonkers!
Old 05-13-2008, 01:07 PM   #25
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Quote:

Can one know as a sophomore if they've 'gotten into grad school'?
Do you know she's a sophomore, for sure? Some people are freaks like me and do the classes for their major first and then do minor and general education requirements after that.

Also, she could be on an accelerated track; if you have excellent time management skills you can easily complete a BSc. in two years.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:19 PM   #26
Dingleschmutz
is not a palindrome...

Attached Images

Dingleschmutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:39 PM   #27
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Plus, there's always kicking her in the cunt.
At this rate, we're going to need a new smiley.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #28
sweetwater
lives inside a Mobius strip

I had a woman go after me when we were working at the same job. At first I was startled and thought she was joking, but it became clear she was being nasty for no reason I could determine. Her name was Violet, so after she would snipe at me I took to humming "Sweet Violets" with a big smile, or asking her to please repeat what she had said again. And when she'd repeat, I'd say, "Did you say ___?" After a while I became too much of a bother for her. She still went after others but I was ignored. So have fun with her, or at least make her work really hard to get her snipes heard. Worked for me!
Old 05-13-2008, 03:02 PM   #29
Drax
Banned

Bri, practice your death vocal, and the next time she tries to bash you in class, say "YOU FOOL!"

Last edited by Drax; 05-13-2008 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Word correction.
Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #30
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
so the memories are vague...

(I'm thinking this is the same party that I painted a beautiful earth on jinx's favorite jeans with fabric paint, and the words "Yove your Mother" around it. that's right Yove. wtf?)
...anyway.... one of the girlfriends was heard to shriek "I'll kick her in the cunt!" at top volume very many times while she was being dragged out of the party. I also remember one of them latching their teeth into Mike's arm and not letting go for an awkwardly long time.....

...good times.....good times.
Your memory is sooooo bad.... I'll tell you how it really happened when you get home (as Im sure no one else cares).