The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-10-2010, 08:22 PM   #16
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
We have cats AND dogs. What does that mean?
bi-polar. You need to buy polar bears.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:43 AM   #17
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getgo View Post
I prefer dogs but recently I've become interested in cats. I'd like to own one of each to appreciate their personalities.
Hey Getgo for a short introduction my name is J.D.DIAMOND,I see you've recently become interested in cats,I have two of them 13 years old.

And now at age 40 I'm getting my first dog,a German Shepherd,when he gets big nobody will try and break into my house again ha!
J.D.DIAMOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:17 AM   #18
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Don't bet on it, he may trade your TV for a Tbone.

Oh, and welcome to the Cellar.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:44 PM   #19
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
Hey Getgo for a short introduction my name is J.D.DIAMOND,I see you've recently become interested in cats,I have two of them 13 years old.

And now at age 40 I'm getting my first dog,a German Shepherd,when he gets big nobody will try and break into my house again ha!
Welcome.
I've been interested in cats all my life. I suspect Bruce has been a connoisseur of pussy for a while too...

I'm not sure German Shepherds prevent all break-ins. There are times off for Leiderhosen, sheep and beer you know...
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 03:59 PM   #20
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Don't bet on it, he may trade your TV for a Tbone.

Oh, and welcome to the Cellar.
Thanks for the welcome Bruce I really appreciate it alot and Hey wow,I never thought of that....well hopefully he will look intimidating enough.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:08 PM   #21
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Welcome.
I've been interested in cats all my life. I suspect Bruce has been a connoisseur of pussy for a while too...

I'm not sure German Shepherds prevent all break-ins. There are times off for Leiderhosen, sheep and beer you know...
Thanks for the welcome also Sundae Girl,yeah I have a Norwegian black forest cat,his hair is long and he is a smoked grey and black color. My other cat is an orange type of color,they are both 13 years old.

And yeah as I was saying to Bruce,I just hope he looks mean lol. I do have an alarm system now,but I wanted a dog anyways,so I'm not just getting one for security.It is a lot of work and time,but I have it so why not ya know.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:10 AM   #22
Juniper
I know, right?

This is Maverick.

Yeah, bring it on.

We love them, J.D. Germies are wonderful dogs. BUT--they do require serious training. Ours came pre-trained, since we adopted him when he was 4. GSD's are much too smart to be good pets without an investment in an expert training program. He's got a great personality but is still very high-strung; taking him anyplace, even up the street to the vet, is a challenge.

I trust him 100% with family and friends - he'd never bite anyone on purpose. Bad guys? Anyone's guess!

Last edited by Juniper; 11-14-2010 at 02:16 AM.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:29 PM   #23
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
You mean like this.
I don't think that dolphin is horny. I think it smells FISH.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:18 AM   #24
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
This is Maverick.

Yeah, bring it on.

We love them, J.D. Germies are wonderful dogs. BUT--they do require serious training. Ours came pre-trained, since we adopted him when he was 4. GSD's are much too smart to be good pets without an investment in an expert training program. He's got a great personality but is still very high-strung; taking him anyplace, even up the street to the vet, is a challenge.

I trust him 100% with family and friends - he'd never bite anyone on purpose. Bad guys? Anyone's guess!

Juniper did your German Shepherd grow up with cats? I have been doing a lot of homework(research)on German Shepherds and so far everybody has told me that they do have an instinct to chase stray cats,but not the cats they grew up with as a puppie if they are trained correctly.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:36 AM   #25
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The can be trained not to mess with kitty roommates. They've got to be introduced, and both be made aware that they're going to have to get use to it. Granted a dog can kill a cat in an all out battle, but in small skirmishes the dog will likely come out on the short end, with a sliced up nose/ears, and maybe blind.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:21 AM   #26
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I doubt I could introduce any dog to Diz.
He's hated every cat he's met (with the exception of St Dylan, but he came from the same home after all). I doubt he'd back down regardless of the potential threat - which could be fatal. My cat is made up of fur and charm and piss and vinegar.

In some ways it might be good for him to have a larger, scarier, noisier housemate... But then I figure I fulfill that function anyway.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:12 PM   #27
Juniper
I know, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
Juniper did your German Shepherd grow up with cats? I have been doing a lot of homework(research)on German Shepherds and so far everybody has told me that they do have an instinct to chase stray cats,but not the cats they grew up with as a puppie if they are trained correctly.
Nope. As I said, we got him at age 4, and his previous owners didn't have cats.

He has killed at least two, maybe three stray cats in our yard. But I'm sure he was only fulfilling his role of protector, and the cats were after our chickens. It's a big fenced yard - those cats shoulda known better!

He isn't so tough with the cats inside our house, though. We have 5 of them. Every now and then he acts a little bit - what's the word, *offended* by their presence. But he's accepted them, for the most part and leaves them be. But our cats stay inside, and I have no doubt that if they were to get out into the yard, he'd chase them just the same as the strays. I think this is due more to the prey instinct being triggered by a cat running away, something they can't really do in the house so much.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #28
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
Nope. As I said, we got him at age 4, and his previous owners didn't have cats.

He has killed at least two, maybe three stray cats in our yard. But I'm sure he was only fulfilling his role of protector, and the cats were after our chickens. It's a big fenced yard - those cats shoulda known better!

He isn't so tough with the cats inside our house, though. We have 5 of them. Every now and then he acts a little bit - what's the word, *offended* by their presence. But he's accepted them, for the most part and leaves them be. But our cats stay inside, and I have no doubt that if they were to get out into the yard, he'd chase them just the same as the strays. I think this is due more to the prey instinct being triggered by a cat running away, something they can't really do in the house so much.
Hey good information Bruce and Sundae Girl.

Thanks Juniper,yeah this is what I've heard many times,so yeah if I train the dog the right way,I shouldn't have any problems,because my 2 cats are inside cats,not allowed outside. Thanks for the information.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:47 PM   #29
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

The "truth"? Here ya go:

Name:  dogsandcats.JPG
Views: 123
Size:  93.0 KB

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:26 PM   #30
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
"What do you want, Slick?"

meow

"You wanna bite?"

meow

"You wanna drink?"

meow

"You wanna go out?"

meow

"What do you want?"

meow

"What do you WANT?"

meow

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?!"

meow

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?!?!"

meow

"WHAT IS IT??!!?! WHAT DO YOU WANT?!?! SHUT UP!! STOP FUCKING MEOWING YOU GODDAMNED CURSE ON HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? DOOOOOOOOO???????? YOOOOUUUUU????????? WAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNTT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

meow

Clarity. Yeah, right.
I either have that conversation with my "step" cat or I would go:

"What are you whining about?!? STOP WHINING!!!" The cat's meow sounds whiny to me, so I get annoyed by it.

I'm the cats' "stepmother." Therefore, they are my "step-cat."
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote