The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-14-2011, 08:36 AM   #16
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Bunny View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa_cw...layer_embedded

Sorry, posted a link cuz i forgot how to post w/out linking and i'm too lazy to search instructions cuz i'm so tired and need to get to bed. I just saw this and wanted to post it up. It made me feel bad because I'm too impatient with my mom and get upset w/ her easily. I have to start treating her better.
Beautiful.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #17
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

An amazing and wonderful video.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:03 AM   #18
pensive pam
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Bunny View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa_cw...layer_embedded

Sorry, posted a link cuz i forgot how to post w/out linking and i'm too lazy to search instructions cuz i'm so tired and need to get to bed. I just saw this and wanted to post it up. It made me feel bad because I'm too impatient with my mom and get upset w/ her easily. I have to start treating her better.
Hi Lola Bunny,

That video was very disturbing to me; as I fear my parents dying. And they are getting old. Now, that I have seen the video; I can not sleep... I saw a few of your posts; and find you interesting...

I figured I would respond, since I will never be venturing outside of the Home Base forum; and would like to get to know those who are here...

~Pam.
pensive pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #19
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Pam: the same people are in here that are in other parts of the forum. There isn't a separate 'homebase' community.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:04 AM   #20
pensive pam
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Pam: the same people are in here that are in other parts of the forum. There isn't a separate 'homebase' community.
I am not sure if this is true. Before I was banned, I never ventured out of here. I did try last night; yet was met with great adversity and lies about me...which is not fair to me after all I have been through here...

I just feel as though this is my 'safe haven' here. I feel safe in here; like being in a womb. Also, I get very confused on the other parts of the site. And when I get confused I get upset and lash out at people...

That is a part of me I wish to avoid; and am working hard on doing so. It is best that I stay on here for a while; kind of like my own little island...only it is not mine. I have posted a photo of me...if you would like to see me...I am the girl in the blue dress. And yes, I know I am not much to look at...

Pam.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #21
DanaC

I didn't mean it wasn't a safe place. It probably is a lot safer than, say, the politics forum, for instance. But the same people are as likely to come in here as anywhere else is what I meant
Old 10-29-2011, 09:13 AM   #22
pensive pam
Banned

Smile

Quote:
I didn't mean it wasn't a safe place. It probably is a lot safer than, say, the politics forum, for instance. But the same people are as likely to come in here as anywhere else is what I meant
They can come here is they choose; as any1 can. I just feel safe in here; as it is all I have ever known. It felt very uncomfortable for me to post elsewhere...

You did not comment on my photo.??

Pam.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:18 AM   #23
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Attached Images

Old 10-29-2011, 09:22 AM   #24
pensive pam
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Hi Sundae,

No, that is not me. I am not sure where people get all these photos. Someone posted a photo of a giant can of Pam cooking spray; which was kind of funny - although I am more than used to the joke...

I did give a comment of my condolences on your thread about your Grandpa passing away. I rarely venure from Home Base, but I wantedto acknowlege your pain and grief. I guess in some way, we are all meant to suffer and be unhappy. When we die; we do not have to worry about it anymore... Anyway, I hope you are feeling bettr...

Pam.
p.s., i like your username. How did you come up with it??may i ask?
Old 10-29-2011, 09:28 AM   #25
DanaC

I think she just is really waiting for biscuits. I know I am.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:32 AM   #26
pensive pam
Banned

Smile

Quote:
I think she just is really waiting for biscuits. I know I am.
But what does that have to do with a username 'Sundae??' Also, I see that she has very big boobs. It is intimidating; since I am a 32A...but I guess she is OK. I hope she is not flashing her boobs for attention. Oh, I do have a question for you, ....

I saw your post the word 'bollocks' in a post. I have seen enough foreign films to have heard that word. I believe it means 'bulls*it??' I saw it in the movie 'Love Actually' and a few others...

Am I correct on what it means?? Also, what is your favorite movie(s)??

Pam.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:36 AM   #27
DanaC

It means 'balls'. Bollocks is an old word for testicles.

It is a multi-functional word. It can mean that something is untrue: as in that's bollocks. It can mean that you are very drunk: as in I was proper bollocked this weekend (sometimes changed to bollocksed). It can mean you're in trouble: the manager gave him a proper bollocking. He got bollocked by the boss.

And on top of all that there's a phrase that means something is the best there is: it's the dog's bollocks.

And it can be used in much the same way as 'Fuck' can as a general purpose exclamation and qualifier: well, that's bolloxed then. Bollocking Hell! Bollocks! That's bollocking brilliant! Well, I'll be bollocksed (or bolloxed)

It's a great word!
Old 10-29-2011, 09:52 AM   #28
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I was annoyed at how slowly the words on the video went. I can read faster than that, so it was like listening to someone who has trouble finishing sentences. Patience trying. Sound was instantly turned off.

As for the slightly glurgy framing of the message, I took it more as a veiled admonition to be more patient and understanding of my kids learning curve. After all, if I am patient and understanding with them when I could easily choose to allow myself to slip into anger, annoyance, and frustration then I'll just be modelling those skills to them, for them to use when I become an old, frustrating and annoying old codger.

Or should that be now that I am an old, frustrating and annoying old codger.

Who repeats himself.

And another thing, by the time your kids read that message, it's probably way too late.

And get the hell off my lawn.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:53 AM   #29
DanaC

Say that again, I didn't quite catch it...
Old 10-29-2011, 09:57 AM   #30
pensive pam
Banned

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
I was annoyed at how slowly the words on the video went. I can read faster than that, so it was like listening to someone who has trouble finishing sentences. Patience trying. Sound was instantly turned off.

As for the slightly glurgy framing of the message, I took it more as a veiled admonition to be more patient and understanding of my kids learning curve. After all, if I am patient and understanding with them when I could easily choose to allow myself to slip into anger, annoyance, and frustration then I'll just be modelling those skills to them, for them to use when I become an old, frustrating and annoying old codger.

Or should that be now that I am an old, frustrating and annoying old codger.

Who repeats himself.

And another thing, by the time your kids read that message, it's probably way too late.

And get the hell off my lawn.
THIS!!! Call me when the 'shuttle lands.' Jesus Christ...

Pam.