The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 05-23-2004, 12:52 PM   #16
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Jaguar the redneck Good God thats so funny
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 01:44 PM   #17
blue
Operations Operative

excess clutter of pointless, dead-end threads

Ooooooo....new tagline!
Old 05-23-2004, 01:59 PM   #18
jaguar
whig

Let`s turn this into something useful:
DanaC, since you have so many cool pipes sitting there, why do you roll joints?
Old 05-23-2004, 02:16 PM   #19
DanaC

That.......is a very good question.....its basically because smoking joints hasa double whammy of a) getting me stoned and b)pandering to my desire for a cigarette without actually consuming nicotine.....as opposed to a pipe which just gets me stoned .....I am a recovering cigarette addict....by which I mean I struggle against it often and occassionally lose
Old 05-23-2004, 02:19 PM   #20
jaguar
whig

I`m not too knowledgeable about these things but would you get a better high off the pipes?
Old 05-23-2004, 02:48 PM   #21
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

No, but much less waste.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:16 PM   #22
blue
Operations Operative

Not trying to pass judgement, but there seems to be an awful lot of dope smokers around here.

I don't really have a problem with it but some seem quite proud of it.

Then again I talk about drinking cheap beer so what the hell do I know?

Just struck me as a little odd.....or are we all just too comfortable with each other?
Old 05-23-2004, 03:26 PM   #23
DanaC

hehehe. I think the world would be a much better place if we all smoked pot. That way there would be no war in Iraq. Nobody would need oil because nobody would go anywhere ( except a brief visit to their neighbourhood pot shop)
Old 05-23-2004, 03:40 PM   #24
blue
Operations Operative

Yeah, boy...that sounds just peachy.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:42 PM   #25
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Nobody would be productive, either.

I don't buy into the "gateway" drug arguments regarding marijuana, but I do know (and yes, from personal experience) that you can't fucking do anything useful whilst stoned.

Just say no? Nope, never worked, never will. All I wanted to do was move on to a new activity and I couldn't. That was very, very scary to me.

23 years ago, in case you were wondering.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 04:56 PM   #26
DanaC

It can have that effect true ......I dont think it necessarily has that effect though. It does have that effect on me from time to time at which point I cut it out for a while :P My brother smokes more of it than I do and has more energy and focus than most people do straight.......I smoke it the way some poeple drink wine. They might have a glass or two with dinner every evening and maybe get a little drunk at weekends.......actually i should correct that...I used to smoke it like that however since giving up smoking cigarettes a little over 6 months ago I find I am making a lot of very weak small joints heheheheh

Last edited by DanaC; 05-23-2004 at 04:59 PM.
Old 05-23-2004, 05:04 PM   #27
DanaC

What I do find gets in the way of concentration and focus is the Cellar......just cause like its too easy to get lost down here.......For instance it is currently 11pm. I swore blind i was going to get an early night tonight so I dont sleep in and miss an early morning meeting....and instead of grabbing a bath and then sitting in bed with history book in hand to send me to sleep(not quite sure thats whatthe author intended but heyho) I am sitting at my desk checking posts at the cellar....
Old 05-23-2004, 05:08 PM   #28
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I've seen that often, but then I've also seen a friend of mine smoke DAILY for 30 years straight minus three weeks, and he's the brightest, most motivated, most optimistic person I know.

Just the facts
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 05:10 PM   #29
DanaC

I know many people like that. It's something of an occupational norm for my industry. Drink on the other hand I cant take hehe. I mean I do drink sometimes, but it takes very litttle to make me giddy
Old 05-23-2004, 05:56 PM   #30
Yelof
neither here nor there

Quote:
you can't fucking do anything useful whilst stoned
Dope has different effects on different people, also how you consume it and the dope you've got make a difference.

Many people I knock get sedidated when stoned and getting stoned for them is a gradual drift towards sleep. I personally get quite energised when deeply stoned as long as my mind gets enough stimulation. In that state everything you do gets pushed to extreme importance, if you are talking with somebody then the conversation quickly becomes the most important conversation you ever has etc..one of the best stoned experience I ever had was having a crap, it seemed that the crap went on for ever, I was totally into it, I was convinced that the produce must have turned the ubend it was so long..I was most suprised to find it the usual length. When in such a state it is actually possible to do useful things, programming for instance, you concentrate totally on the machine and forget everything else, if you did that drunk you'd produce crap but stoned the code you look at the next day is fundimentially of good quality, with often a few more original ideas and a load more syntax errors.

I hate tobacco and never smoke joints now, I'd use a pipe or bong but I am a bit scared to use the tin foil I customarly use as I have heard it can lead to aluminum inhalation and that is not a good idea, I've got to pick up for copper meshing somewhere. Nowdays I thend to eat hash, springle into nutella and spread on bread if you can't be bothered making cookies. I don't get stoned that often, as it isn't that much fun without the stoner buddies I used to hang with.

We should take this to another thread not to glorify Perry's dumb thread with interesting conversations,

UT ban his new thread power please

Last edited by Yelof; 05-23-2004 at 05:58 PM.
Yelof is offline   Reply With Quote