The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 02-03-2005, 09:24 PM   #331
Brown Thrasher
self=proclaimed ass looking for truth whatever that means

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet
Oh I get it...the names sorta mean the same thing. Interesting to find out if that was intentional, or what his name really means.

Know you don't get it at all. A shit- stirrer is one who stirs shit. A brown thrasher is a state bird. By the way garnet can be interpreted in many ways.
If you don't have a thesaraus you can borrow one at your local library. By the way, I'm sure you computer probably has the capability to find the meaning of most words. Have you ever wondered why people say things that make no sense. Usually the are condescending thinking this is a form of intelligence.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:06 PM   #332
garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Thrasher
Know you don't get it at all. A shit- stirrer is one who stirs shit. A brown thrasher is a state bird. By the way garnet can be interpreted in many ways.
If you don't have a thesaraus you can borrow one at your local library. By the way, I'm sure you computer probably has the capability to find the meaning of most words. Have you ever wondered why people say things that make no sense. Usually the are condescending thinking this is a form of intelligence.
I was not being condescending--I simply didn't know what your name meant. Sorry, I know next to nothing about state birds, and you are obviously an expert, so I will therefore bow down to your wisdom on that subject.

And, yes, I know what a thesaurus is, as I have an M.A. in English and worked as a professional editor for eight years. You know, thrasher, I could use this opportunity to correct your consistently bad spelling and even worse grammar--so poor that most of your posts are unreadable. But I think I'll refrain from doing so at this point. Afterall, there's no point in drawing attention to the obvious, now is there?

And BTW, there's no "e" in "utopia." Sorry, can't help myself.
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:54 PM   #333
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
I find it odd, when one makes deragatory names for other adults.
We are not in grammer school.
and.....
at least one of us seems to have never even been there in the first place.

I thought a brown thrasher was a trout. now i see that it's a douchebag that likes to call people condescending ......condescendingly. my bad.

like this shit:

Quote:
If you don't have a thesaraus you can borrow one at your local library. By the way, I'm sure you computer probably has the capability to find the meaning of most words. Have you ever wondered why people say things that make no sense. Usually the are condescending thinking this is a form of intelligence. ............................................................................^ly?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 07:58 AM   #334
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
A thrasher. Isn't that the thing that goes round and round inside the round pool of a sewage treatment plant?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 01:22 PM   #335
Brown Thrasher

Quote:
I was not being condescending--I simply didn't know what your name meant. Sorry, I know next to nothing about state birds, and you are obviously an expert, so I will therefore bow down to your wisdom on that subject.

And, yes, I know what a thesaurus is, as I have an M.A. in English and worked as a professional editor for eight years. You know, thrasher, I could use this opportunity to correct your consistently bad spelling and even worse grammar--so poor that most of your posts are unreadable. But I think I'll refrain from doing so at this point. Afterall, there's no point in drawing attention to the obvious, now is there?

And BTW, there's no "e" in "utopia." Sorry, can't help myself.
ifeel you are wromg. Most people do not take the time nor effort to correctly spell each word. Neither do they worry a great deal about grammar.
If you would like, I will get out my harbrace college handbook,to better suit your needs. If you have a hard time reading my post, I am sorry , for I feel most fifth graders would be able to do so without much trouble. However, I am sorry if I have offended your attention to detail. I am also sorry you have a hard time helping yourself.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:28 PM   #336
Brown Thrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw
A thrasher. Isn't that the thing that goes round and round inside the round pool of a sewage treatment plant?
I'm not aware of that definition. Do you happen to work in a sewage plant? Just wondering.....
Old 02-04-2005, 01:37 PM   #337
Brown Thrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
and.....
at least one of us seems to have never even been there in the first place.

I thought a brown thrasher was a trout. now i see that it's a douchebag that likes to call people condescending ......condescendingly. my bad.

like this shit:
Sir, as our editor has reminded us of grammar; should we not capatalize our words at the beginning of a sentence. A pacifist fucking people up. Hurry call in the National Guard... I was there a long time ago. Hope you were speaking for yourself......
Old 02-04-2005, 02:02 PM   #338
garnet

Quote:
ifeel you are wromg.
Huh?
Quote:
Most people do not take the time nor effort to correctly spell each word. Neither do they worry a great deal about grammar.
No, I believe you are "wromg" about that. Only people who are lazy, uneducated and/or stupid don't bother to worry about spelling and grammar.
Quote:
If you have a hard time reading my post, I am sorry , for I feel most fifth graders would be able to do so without much trouble.
Yes, they could. Probably because your writing skills are about at a fifth-grade level.

Ya know, this is sort of fun! It reminds me of the good old days when when LJ would constantly insult each other. I sure do miss that...
Old 02-04-2005, 04:09 PM   #339
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

shut up, ya big nosed slut!
Old 02-04-2005, 04:25 PM   #340
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Sir, as our editor has reminded us of grammar; should we not capatalize our words at the beginning of a sentence. A pacifist fucking people up. Hurry call in the National Guard... I was there a long time ago. Hope you were speaking for yourself......
you dumbass. that's a quote from a chilli peppers song. believe me when i tell you that I am NOT a pacifist.

wromg again.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:05 PM   #341
garnet

Quote:
shut up, ya big nosed slut!
Awwww, LJ. I adore you and your crooked yellow teeth...
Old 02-04-2005, 05:07 PM   #342
garnet

Quote:
you dumbass. that's a quote from a chilli peppers song. believe me when i tell you that I am NOT a pacifist.

wromg again.
I'll bet you $50 he has no idea who the Chili Peppers are...
Old 02-05-2005, 10:40 AM   #343
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Do you happen to work in a sewage plant? Just wondering.....
I have. Never could get used to the smell in the short time I was there. When asked, the employees would say, "You get used to it". Maybe I was not there long enough - which is good.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 01:24 PM   #344
Brown Thrasher

Quote:
Huh?

No, I believe you are "wromg" about that. Only people who are lazy, uneducated and/or stupid don't bother to worry about spelling and grammar.

Yes, they could. Probably because your writing skills are about at a fifth-grade level.

Ya know, this is sort of fun! It reminds me of the good old days when when LJ would constantly insult each other. I sure do miss that...
No, I believe you are "wromg" about that. I think you are calling the majority of the people using the celler lazy, uneducated and/or stupid. I don't feel i fit any of those categories. I took my four years of english and somehow managed to get out of college with a 3.5 gpa. I thought this was a philosophical site not an english tutorial. What exactly does this sentence mean." It reminds me of the good old days when when LJ would constantly insult each other." Who is "when"? Get a hold of yourself. You know superiority can sometimes be used to cover up inferior feelings about oneself.......
Old 02-06-2005, 01:26 PM   #345
Brown Thrasher

Quote:
Huh?

No, I believe you are "wromg" about that. I think you are calling the majority of the people using the celler lazy, uneducated and/or stupid. I don't feel i fit any of those categories. I took my four years of english and somehow managed to get out of college with a 3.5 gpa. I thought this was a philosophical site not an english tutorial. What exactly does this sentence mean?" It reminds me of the good old days "when when" LJ would constantly insult each other." Who is "when"? Get a hold of yourself. You know superiority can sometimes be used to cover up inferior feelings about oneself.......