The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

View Poll Results: Do you own a gun?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 36 57.14%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2007, 06:11 PM   #376
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
For what ridiculous reason did you buy guns, then, Bruce?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Too, simplistic, there are more reasons to buy a gun than just self defense.
Answer the question.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:14 PM   #377
Spexxvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
A gun is not purchased to kill someone. (unless, of course, it is, in the case of a criminal or whatever... but thats another deal altogether)
A gun IS purchased expressly to defend yourself with, up to and including using it to kill.

This is a semantics issue, I think.
Exactly. If someone buys a gun to defend themselves, they intend to use lethal force to defend themselves. If the circumstances arise, they intend to kill someone. They may even hope that they never have to, but just owning a gun indicates their intent.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:18 PM   #378
Spexxvet

Quote:
Because he crossed the line. He's not not arguing his position against handguns, he's making personal accusations, of me buying guns with the intent of killing people. That lie is unacceptable and can't go unanswered.
You may be angry because my presumption is incorrect. You may be angry because my presumption is correct, and you don't like being read so easily. You may be angry just at my presumption. But to say I'm lying is just plain wrong.

BTW, do I have an innate right to presume?
Old 05-20-2007, 06:42 PM   #379
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You can presume all you want, but when you start telling lies, the gloves come off.

I live a couple miles from where you work. If you were really worried about my guns and how I use them, you wouldn't be talking shit.
It's obvious you're making up ridiculous claims, to support your opinion, because it won't stand on it's merits nor convince rational people.

Oh, and I did answer the question.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:43 PM   #380
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
I was reading this thread to see if there had been anything new said on the subject which hadn't been discussed before.

Stop being such a child Bruce.
Stop being such a cunt.

Quote:
Lastly, this is a forum for adults, and we assume the content here is likely to be obscene or possibly offensive. All messages express the views of the people who wrote them.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 05-20-2007 at 07:50 PM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:07 PM   #381
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Exactly. If someone buys a gun to defend themselves, they intend to use lethal force to defend themselves. If the circumstances arise, they intend to kill someone. They may even hope that they never have to, but just owning a gun indicates their intent.
That's bullshit. You're assuming someone that buys a gun, strictly for self defense, is willing to kill someone. You have no way of knowing what their intentions are, how far they are willing to take a confrontation, whether they will even load that gun.
You're talking bullshit because, you just don't know and claiming you do is a lie.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:18 PM   #382
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
I would agree with that. I would kill the first of you fucks who tried to rob me or my family or any other scumbag who came through the door. And thank God our state now has a law the lets me shoot your ass if you try to steal my car as well.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:39 PM   #383
Spexxvet

Quote:
You can presume all you want, but when you start telling lies, the gloves come off.
I didn't lie, you dumb motherfucker
Quote:
Oh, and I did answer the question.
Liar.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:53 PM   #384
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The fuck I didn't, I just didn't give you the answer you could twist into your stupid, illogical, claims. So your not worried about my guns after all, you're just bullshit, you lying cocksucker.
UG was right (you don't know how much it pains me to say that), you're so fucked up you don't even understand what you're saying. What a waste.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:32 PM   #385
Spexxvet

Quote:
The fuck I didn't, I just didn't give you the answer you could twist into your stupid, illogical, claims. So your not worried about my guns after all, you're just bullshit, you lying cocksucker.
UG was right (you don't know how much it pains me to say that), you're so fucked up you don't even understand what you're saying. What a waste.
Quote:
If someone broke in your house and threatened to kill you with a baseball bat, wouldn't you use any means at your disposal to defend yourself? Of course you would.
Does that mean you bought that knife, lamp, golf club, crowbar, to kill someone? No, that's a stupid assumption.

If your dog attacks and rips the intruders throat out, does that mean you bought the dog to kill people? No, that's a stupid assumption.

Does that mean if I shoot that same attacker, I bought that gun to kill someone? No, that's a stupid assumption.
That doesn't look like an answer - it looks like a bunch of questions with some comments. Complete this statement "if someone forced their way inot my house and threatened me with a baseball bat, I would..."

Don't presume to tell me my intentions, lying moron.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:14 PM   #386
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I doesn't look like an answer because your so busy trying to support your lies you can't read for comprehension.
None of my handguns were bought for self defense.
If you broke in my house, and tried to kill me me a baseball bat, I'd cut you in half with a 12 gage shotgun, dumb fuck.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:03 PM   #387
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
I doesn't look like an answer because your so busy trying to support your lies you can't read for comprehension.
None of my handguns were bought for self defense.
If you broke in my house, and tried to kill me me a baseball bat, I'd cut you in half with a 12 gage shotgun, dumb fuck.
WHO'd a thunk it!
Old 05-21-2007, 03:22 AM   #388
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
UG was right (you don't know how much it pains me to say that). . .
Comes easier with time and experience -- assuming, of course, that I do my part to stay on good grounds.

Though really, xoB, having rassled with you for a while on this and that, I do respect you: you're not stupid, you're not warped, and you make an intelligent and worthy opponent in those instances when we oppose. (Then afterwards I suppose we can break out the bran muffin cupcakes. With sprinkles.)

There are other such Cellar Dwellars who have one way or another earned respect: richlevy, and BigV, when the subject is NOT firearms and the man. You guys seem to agree a lot among yourselves, and seem to make up something of a group.

And of course there are the ones I've just plain liked anyway, wolf, LabRat, and Aliantha among these. While I haven't much respect for Ibram's attempts to take me down, Ibram's own self seems not bad at all. Pierce I eye with suspicion. Youthful-leftist BS from either of these is something I left behind ever so long ago -- upwards of forty years now. So I don't have time for it.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:29 AM   #389
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
May hope? Hell, they do. I've been up against that kind of situation once, and it feels awful. But it doesn't feel awfuller than being assaulted or murdered, now does it? But it's no wonder people throw up afterwards.

If owning indicates anything, it indicates preparation, and a will to prevail regardless of the level of violence an attacker may bring. This is simply the martial-arts self-defense viewpoint, and the resisting of evil so that evil simply can no longer act is a moral action.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:55 AM   #390
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
Pierce I eye with suspicion. Youthful-leftist BS from either of these is something I left behind ever so long ago -- upwards of forty years now. So I don't have time for it.
I see the current way of running things as a trial that has proven some points and left us with more information on how to progress with an even better style of government and economics. I don't think there is a perfect system but the ones we have right now are flawed and need to be changed.

Also, how does age have anything to do with views? I know people that are much older than me that still shares some of the same views as me. Just because you changed from a more liberal phase that is probably much differently from mine doesn’t mean you are right with experience, social settings can change anyone’s views dramatically in any direction. Views are also very subjective.

P.S. – My views are usually much different than my peers so don’t bring it up. I actually never had a close friend that even closely resembled my modern views until a month ago.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote