The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #3886
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
I feel like animals are running my life.
all I do is wrestle them apart and clean up after their puke and poopings. it's like having toddlers ALLLLLLL over again.
sigh.
The bright side is that they don't live as long.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #3887
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

Toddlers?

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #3888
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

recipies?
Old 05-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #3889
Crimson Ghost

My father and sister are ardent Jehovah's Witnesses.
For the past eight years, they've been not-so-subtlety hinting that they would like me to leave Freemasonry and join them in "The Truth".
And I have told them that I have no intention of quitting Masonry to make them happy.
My life has no bearing on them, but they insist on trying to interfere in mine.

Well, everything came to a head May 1st.
I was informed that I was no longer allowed to visit them, call them, or in any way contact them.
All because I didn't want to join their religion.

Fuck it.

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,

Old 05-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #3890
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatl
Clod, what about phrasing in the fact that your family is still getting used to a new diet among many other things, and that what Minifob really needs right now is stability and routine? Is Grandma really prepared to go completely GFCF for a week?
She thinks she is, but she isn't. Over Easter she delivered a bunch of candy, happy to tell me that she had checked the ingredients and "gluten" was not listed. I have sent her several documents explaining what gluten is and the hundreds of ingredients that it hides in, but she doesn't understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster
Fob, by next summer he will have been to school for a year. maybe he'll be fine. sounds to me like she's willing to give it her all to be a good grandma to minifob. Sure, he's not your average kid, but even your average kid has separation anxieties the first night or two they spend away from mom and dad. Are you really doing him a favor by waiting until he's older for him to learn to deal with these feelings? i think it's great for her and minifob that she wants to come and stay and learn how to help him. I know, hard for you, but you knew this wasn't going to be a bed of roses. right? and maybe, just maybe it will be just fine. maybe she'll come to stay and get the hang of dealing with him, maybe he'll come to love and trust her, maybe she can even stay in for one night while you and Mr Fob get a well deserved night alone together.....

how far away does she live? can you maybe compromise with next year, but only two nights to start and we'll stay nearby so if he's trully inconsolable unmaneagable, we'll come and get him after one?
He had four nights away with both grandma and Daddy at home while I was in the hospital with Minifobette. That was pretty much four straight days of screaming. Just a few weeks ago we had a bit of an emergency and he did a bedtime with just Daddy, and he did mostly okay with that. But it was in his own bed following his (very rigid) bedtime routine. The last time we were at grandma's house over the holidays, even with me there he screamed until past midnight before finally passing out in his new sleeping environment.

And it's not just the inconsolable part, there are real dangers--aside from the danger of her feeding him the wrong foods, he still bolts unexpectedly in unfamiliar public places, and I know she can't run as fast as he can, nor is she physically strong enough to contain him when he's in full-on tantrum mode. On the upside, Minifob's aunt lives with her as well, and her, I do trust. She's a special education teacher, and just a lot more mentally with it in general.

But yes, it's possible that with another year under his belt he'll be a totally different kid. I just don't want her to think I'm committing to things now that I can't predict.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:03 PM   #3891
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
She thinks she is, but she isn't. Over Easter she delivered a bunch of candy, happy to tell me that she had checked the ingredients and "gluten" was not listed. I have sent her several documents explaining what gluten is and the hundreds of ingredients that it hides in, but she doesn't understand.

My Gran used to frustrate the hell out of my mum when I was a kid. She'd give me a slice of cake before mum had a chance to stop her and then when reminded "mum, you know she can't eat egg, right?"

Gran would respond with "Oh!" waving it away like mum's being silly "It's only a little bit of egg".

[eta] Gran was awful for stuff like that. I loved it. I got to eat all kinds of good stuff I wasn't allowed to eat. At six years old the immediacy of cake beat the distance of a bad flare, hands down every time.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:08 PM   #3892
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
She thinks

But yes, it's possible that with another year under his belt he'll be a totally different kid. I just don't want her to think I'm committing to things now that I can't predict.
That, right there, is exactly what you need to tell her. You have to make it contingent on his capacity to stay away, not her capacity to look after him.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #3893
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Ghost View Post
My father and sister are ardent Jehovah's Witnesses.
For the past eight years, they've been not-so-subtlety hinting that they would like me to leave Freemasonry and join them in "The Truth".
And I have told them that I have no intention of quitting Masonry to make them happy.
My life has no bearing on them, but they insist on trying to interfere in mine.

Well, everything came to a head May 1st.
I was informed that I was no longer allowed to visit them, call them, or in any way contact them.
All because I didn't want to join their religion.

Fuck it.
Yes, fuck it. My first wife was a JW and after we divorced she did the same thing to her whole family. It's not you, it's them & their problem. You know damn well you did the right thing by not fucking up your life to placate them. Besides, you'd miss the roasted babies.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #3894
Crimson Ghost

Exactly.

And roasted babies are Mmmmmm, mmmmmmmmmm, delicious.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:31 PM   #3895
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Yes, fuck it. My first wife was a JW and after we divorced she did the same thing to her whole family. It's not you, it's them & their problem. You know damn well you did the right thing by not fucking up your life to placate them. Besides, you'd miss the roasted babies.
Could you do the same thing if it was one of your adult children?
Old 05-03-2009, 04:43 PM   #3896
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

You need a much larger fire for the adult children.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #3897
Pie
Gone and done

Old 05-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #3898
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Or cut them in to Smaller pieces
Old 05-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #3899
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Electrical problems.
My washer quit today in the middle of a cycle. Along with my water heater and my range. The clock and all the lights work on the range, but the elements will not heat up. When I turn the burner on, the washer 'tries' to work but doesn't. (can hear it kinda humming).
I went out and googled the meter and it looks fine except for one thing....it's not turning. Nary a bit. Hasn't turned in hours and I am running a crockpot, two window air conditioners, lights, 'puter, and ceiling fans.
'Splain that one for me please. I'm thinking poltergeist.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #3900
Pie
Gone and done

I'm thinking free power!! Woo!

Tags
swiss