The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Parenting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Parenting Bringing up the shorties so they aren't completely messed up

Old 12-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #31
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I'm sorry for your loss, UT.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:38 AM   #32
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Sorry that it happened UT.
Life is hard for an addict, their friends and family, anyone who tried to help them.

It's horrible to contemplate a life lived in lies, mistrust, hurt, pain and need.
On the other hand it's hard to contemplate a life wasted.

My sincere sympathy to you and yours.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:51 AM   #33
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Now part two. The dead lad's addict mom, my ex-sister-in-law, was prescribed pills by an idiot doctor, to get through her son's funeral.

She was high and drunk and driving because her idiot parents, who did not recognize opiate abuse earlier (note that this thread is in the Parenting section), gave her car keys.

Remarkably, she managed to drive to her destination, but fell getting out of the car. Because her 50-year-old body has suffered 30 years of drug and alcohol abuse, it is now equivalent to the frame of an 80-year-old. So she took head, neck and back injuries in the fall. While in the hospital for all that, she contracted pneumonia, and so she is now in intensive care and may die.

If she lives through this, she will surely die within a year, of something similar.

There is no need for sympathy here friends, it is all used up. Learn the lessons instead. If you are parents, love your children, never abuse them, either physically or, as is the case here, mentally. Her parents were emotional abusers who crushed this woman's soul and so this is the result.

And if you, yourself, have been crushed, know it is not your fault, know that you can get healthy, it is possible, and seek therapy before it comes to this pathetic result.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:32 AM   #34
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I think I'll go to a meeting.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:03 PM   #35
Ruminator
Ohio fisherman

I'm really sorry to hear this truly tragic account UT.

The families and people involved are in my prayers.

"People never give each other enough credit for their contributions." ... a truer statement was never made.
- contributed by TheMercenary
Ruminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:49 PM   #36
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
There is no need for sympathy here friends, it is all used up. Learn the lessons instead. If you are parents, love your children, never abuse them, either physically or, as is the case here, mentally. Her parents were emotional abusers who crushed this woman's soul and so this is the result.

And if you, yourself, have been crushed, know it is not your fault, know that you can get healthy, it is possible, and seek therapy before it comes to this pathetic result.
Oh UT! If only we could all learn from these lessons. How to recognise when you are the crushed, or the crushee - that's the tricky bit .
Old 12-17-2008, 12:48 AM   #37
wolf
lobber of scimitars

The only really surprising thing about this is that I don't believe I am personally acquainted with any of the family members.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote