The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 08-31-2005, 10:26 AM   #31
NICOTINEGUN
Resident President

Talking RACE CARD ALERT!!!!!

As far as I can tell, there aren't 50 qualified white guys in the entire city who even want the jobs we offer (insulation, gutter and fireplace installation).[/quote]

Ahh, I knew it wouldn't take long before some doomed fool brought up skin color. We're talking about skin color here, Dear Friend. We're talking about my tax dollars paying for people who weren't born here. Congratulations, by the way. You've earned the first, of many I'm sure, Race Card Alert Notice. You've taken the short cut to thinking by using race as the issue. Tell the good Rev. Sharpton I said hello, will you?
Old 08-31-2005, 11:08 AM   #32
NICOTINEGUN
Resident President

NASA Monkeys Can Pick Fruit!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie
Okay -- so who is going to pick your fruit, wash your dishes, mow your lawn?...
Do a little research before you start spouting garbage. Here's a good (short) article to start with: http://www.cato.org/pubs/policy_report/pr-imopi.html
If a NASA monkey can pilot a space craft, he can pick fruit. For all I care the damned prisoners in CA can pick the fruit all day long instead of watching television and learning new and better ways to break the law and kill each other. However, we could make them fight eachother in the attempt to make them kill each other.
Now this may just be the Gaius Caligula(3rd Emperor of Rome) blood line in me speaking, but imagine how much money we could raise by reinstating the gladiator arena in prisons. The monkeys can pick the fruit and the violent offenders can fight to the death. Brilliant!!!! I know, I know, they have rights too.
I believe Uncle Caligula said it best when he said "If all of Rome had but one throat to slit." Ahhh, Uncle Caligula.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:11 AM   #33
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICOTINEGUN
If a NASA monkey can pilot a space craft, he can pick fruit. For all I care the damned prisoners in CA can pick the fruit all day long instead of watching television and learning new and better ways to break the law and kill each other. However, we could make them fight eachother in the attempt to make them kill each other.
Now this may just be the Gaius Caligula(3rd Emperor of Rome) blood line in me speaking, but imagine how much money we could raise by reinstating the gladiator arena in prisons. The monkeys can pick the fruit and the violent offenders can fight to the death. Brilliant!!!! I know, I know, they have rights too.
I believe Uncle Caligula said it best when he said "If all of Rome had but one throat to slit." Ahhh, Uncle Caligula.
*Ahem*

You forgot to say it's Clinton's fault. An honest oversight, I'm sure. Carry on.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:17 AM   #34
mrnoodle
bent

It's no fair. You guys on the left get movie stars on your side, we get forum posters WITH ALL CAPS NAMES who quote Hitler in their sig file and claim descendancy from Caligula.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:21 AM   #35
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett's Honey
-- cut--

She has a handy little plastic "Oklahoma Access card". The gov't did away with commodities and food stamps so people wouldn't feel bad being seen using them and gave them credit card looking things ...---cut--
I think the reason you list here is not correct. It is much more likely that the government decision makers determined that it is a more efficient use of tax dollars to make these transactions electronic ones. The savings of not having to pay for printing and distribution of the stamps, including the redemption side of the equation probably were greater than the cost to run the program electronically.

Your frustration and anger may have other valid foundations. " ...so people wouldn't feel bad being seen using them... " just isn't one of them.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:22 AM   #36
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
It's no fair. You guys on the left get movie stars on your side, we get forum posters WITH ALL CAPS NAMES who quote Hitler in their sig file and claim descendancy from Caligula.
Shame we don't keep funny score here, I'd give you a 10 for this one. :claps:
Old 08-31-2005, 01:50 PM   #37
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV
*Ahem*

You forgot to say it's Clinton's fault. An honest oversight, I'm sure. Carry on.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:07 PM   #38
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV
The savings of not having to pay for printing and distribution of the stamps, including the redemption side of the equation probably were greater than the cost to run the program electronically.
It could also diminish fraud by preventing the sale of food stamps. If you sell your card, you can't use it (or sell it again) next month. But if you've got a food stamp scam going on (ie you receive but don't need them), you can sell them each month as you receive them.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 02:14 PM   #39
Pie
Gone and done

Quote:
If a NASA monkey can pilot a space craft, he can pick fruit.
A multi-million dollar monkey picking fruit? That'll be a $50,000 peach, sir. Pay in cash at the register.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:23 PM   #40
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Radar, I am willing to make a significant wager I, not only have more education than you, but also a better quality education than you do. While earning my education at my universities, I was always given the impression that the more education one earns, the less one would have to call others names. How's the online GED coming along, Sport?
You'd lose that bet buddy. Not in your wettest dream do you have either a better education, or more education. In fact, you're pretty fucking stupid, and judging from your laughable posts, you're education is below 3rd grade level.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:26 PM   #41
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Ahh, I knew it wouldn't take long before some doomed fool brought up skin color. We're talking about skin color here, Dear Friend. We're talking about my tax dollars paying for people who weren't born here. Congratulations, by the way. You've earned the first, of many I'm sure, Race Card Alert Notice. You've taken the short cut to thinking by using race as the issue. Tell the good Rev. Sharpton I said hello, will you?
How is it irrelevant to point out that, out of fifty field installers at my company, 45 of them are Hispanic? We hire qualified people, and very few qualified Caucasians apply.

You tell *me* why one can never mention race as a factor in any way, shape or form without being labelled racist...unless, of course, one isn't Caucasian, in which case any amount of race card playing is par for the course.

And...be careful whom you label either fool or racist, eh? I'm neither.

Last edited by Elspode; 08-31-2005 at 02:28 PM.
Elspode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 02:30 PM   #42
Hobbs
Professor for the school of ass-clownery

NIC, wow. Fruit picking chimps, closing of borders, the quoting Adolf Hilter. Pretty adventuress. Only 42 Posts and already an outspoken, brave, feared, and disliked poster.

And now to quote a very brilliant fellow Cellarite: "Now watch as we wake up this troll."
Old 08-31-2005, 03:06 PM   #43
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
I'm in Iraq, fighting terrorism from what they tell me, getting paid squat, spending a year away from my family, and I am constantly reading articles about Illegal Immigrants invading my own country. I would like to know why were are spending billions of dollars on this country, "fighting terrorism" and yet we throw away even more money at home by letting Illegals into the country to take more of our money.
The Illegals are bringing in disease, guns, drugs, possibly terrorists, gang members, and who knows what else, and we stand for it. We lose millions every year because of these people.
Sounds a lot like the same reasoning used in Rome. The men would go off to war with dreams of wealth and yet make squat when the war did not go right. Meanwhile Rome imported massive numbers of slaves to do the work. Those slaves were then accused of spreading disease and who knows what else. All the while those Roman troops could only be off on silly conquests because low paid slaves were being imported back home to do all the work.

Apparently you are reading much reactionary propaganda that conveniently forgets some facts; so that you will get all excited. Truth was not the purpose of those publications you are reading. If you get more excited, then they can manipulate you politically as well as sell you more of their nonsense propaganda sheets. Hype is routinely used to manipulate weak minds; which is why mental weight training is so essential to a strong America. Learn how those half-truth publication have you deceived.

Illegal immigrants are no different from the legal immigrants of years past. Just that some power brokers prefer to keep immigrants as second class residents using hype, fear, half-truths, government subsidized - corporate welfare, and immigration laws that don't address the problem. Do you also believe prohibtion of alcohol was successful? After all, prohibition, just like our immigration laws, simply creates increases in crimes (often by non-immigrants).

Did that article forget to mention all the unfair trading practices to enrich US Sugar? Did it mention how US Sugar then needs those immigrants to be illegal so as to keep their costs down? Why did those articles forget to mention that part?

Last edited by tw; 08-31-2005 at 03:13 PM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 05:13 PM   #44
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Here's the thing:

My best friend's fiancee, from Croatia, had to pay money and have no less than 12 documents, two of which were from me, promising support and vouching for him while he was here.

He came to America and received a 6 month tourist Visa.

As Radar can attest, getting a person into the United States legally is expensive, time consuming, and red-tape deluged.

If Hrvoje works right now, he will be immediately deported. The government will not give him a green card, making him a "legal" and eligible to work. And personally, if someone willing to work after jumping through all those hoops to get here can't, then I don't think illegals should either.

Which sounds like something from the department of redundancy department, I know, and I'm not articulating this correctly, (I'm at work and rushed and my chain of thought is broken by dumb custo"moo"rs)... but it's not right that we let the illegasl stay and get special tax numbers and go to school and such when other people who are trying to be law abiding people can't even get here.

It really makes me mad.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 05:36 PM   #45
warch
lurkin old school

Get Hrvoje married here on his tourist visa and pay more money to apply to live in US as a couple (its at least $250 and more papers). With temp residence status he can start working right now, wait a few years, go through the proof of bonafide marriage review, pay more then get the coveted green card. That is unless this is a same sex couple. Then youre outta luck.

PS Its a lot easier to enter the US when they dont think you are coming here to marry. And its still the tourist visa. So reveal the fiance part at your own risk. That can add 3 or more months to the wait and require that proof of support.

Last edited by warch; 08-31-2005 at 05:42 PM.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote