The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 05-21-2007, 07:03 PM   #31
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Oh, well there ya go...thats my *learn something* for the day...but...umm....PASS!!!
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:40 PM   #32
Cloud

SundaeGirl--you gave me a giggle! No more vodka for you!

alternatively, no more texting!
Old 05-21-2007, 07:40 PM   #33
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
cheesy poofs
Beefy Logs

Oh, and SG is my spiritual twin in England. I've done much the very same thing only they hauled my ass in but only b/c I was throwing the F bomb around--...
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum

Last edited by Trilby; 05-21-2007 at 07:52 PM.
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:25 PM   #34
kerosene
Touring the facilities

On rare occasion: spray cheese and ritz crackers.

On not so rare occasion: candy that the lady at work keeps bringing in.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:22 PM   #35
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

Half a rack of ribs tonight smothered in Smokey Sweet Memphis bbq sauce with baked beans, a half a pound of pulled pork, and a cornbread muffin. (Highly recommend Sticky Fingers in S.C.)
Tomorrow is going to be a bumpy ride on the porcelain bus.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:44 PM   #36
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Oh. My. God. I just read your story SG.

You really had me cracking up. What the hell kind of vodka did you buy: Schmirnoff 10W40? Yikes.

When you visit Ohio, Bri and I will get you a better grade of vodka, though you may have to fight me for it because my drink of choice if it's not beer is vodka or rum and diet coke.

But, we've all done crazy things. I was just talking with my ex-husband last night about a time, years ago, when we invited this guy over to our apartment for some post-bar drinking and smoking. This guy is one of those eccentrics (long scraggly beard, scruffy clothes) but really intelligent ( I think he has audited every class here at the college.) Coincidentally, he is my dad's sister's husband's brother (i.e. my uncle's brother.) We were sailing pretty good, but I really didn't know the guy too well at the time. He's harmless but, as I said, scary to see.

The next day my ex found a note in the spare room. I had scrawled:

If we are ded, the last person to see us alive was Henry's brother.

Yep, D-E-D. Yep, I was all cryptic; I couldn't just say "John."

Makes for a great story!

Old 05-22-2007, 02:33 PM   #37
lizzymahoney
Major Inhabitant

You know those little bits of pork with bright red on the outside that are in some Chinese dishes? You might find it in lo mein or in egg rolls or fried rice. It's just a sweet barbecue with a lot of red dye.

Anyhow, some years back, my ex decided to make some. S'okay, we had dinner of these barbecued pork bits with psychedelic red sauce, practically glow in the dark. While we are eating, a transient comes walking past the house with overalls covered in paint. Very crusty looking, unwashed for days kinda stuff.

The ex goes out to see what he wants. He wants us to pay him to paint the numbers on our driveway. Our driveway was wood chips and sand. Okay, the curb then? Yer standin on it, buddy, where the grass kisses the road. The ex decides to chat him up while I'm inside with my lips and fingers stained this brilliant red. Then the two of them hit it off so well that the ex invites him to join us for dinner.

I wanted to hose both of them off before they came inside, even though we were eating on the front glassed in porch. It was still in my house, dammit. So there I am serving two crazier than me guys impossibly sweet, impossibly red, and very cold barbecued pork. I had to get both of them to wash up first. Interesting guy. Either one.

The next day, the police were around to warn us of the guy who'd been scamming the neighborhood, and possibly casing the houses.

I can't see a shred of that pork anymore without thinking about that. Kinda ruined it for me, but then anything that outrageous looking has got to be bad for you, eh?
lizzymahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:20 PM   #38
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
alternatively, no more texting!
That's what my Mum said when I told her
I put the funniest possible spin on it and her first comment was still, "That's what happens when you send late night texts..." Missing the fact it's also what happens when you live alone, drink cheap vodka, switch your phone off and have a good friend that lives too far away to check on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
Oh, and SG is my spiritual twin in England.
It's true - I think sometimes I get your hangovers actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
What the hell kind of vodka did you buy: Schmirnoff 10W40?
That's the frustrating thing - I've actually had cheaper! This was Chekov Vodka. Ahem.

What's with the Scary Men Sharing Hospitality stories? Is this a common American theme?
That's it chaps - I'm packing now and getting on the next plane. If y'all take in frightening strangers at the drop of a hat, what on earth am I doing here working for a living?
Old 05-22-2007, 03:43 PM   #39
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
That's it chaps - I'm packing now and getting on the next plane. If y'all take in frightening strangers at the drop of a hat, what on earth am I doing here working for a living?
Come over! Come over! YAY!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:04 PM   #40
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
Come over! Come over! YAY!
Please do. Then we'll find a note in my place saying:

If I am ded, the last people to see me alive were a crazy British girl and a crazy Ohio girl! :p
Old 05-24-2007, 10:11 PM   #41
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Pretty much everything.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote