The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 05-07-2004, 07:01 PM   #31
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

*nods* I am ....and if that's why I think no sex is better than bad sex...well ok. I dont have huge difficulty in accepting that you lads get something out of it even if its bad...I would imagine given the physiological dynamics involved that guys and gals relate differently to this.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 07:13 PM   #32
blue
Operations Operative

I can't even pronounce physiological dynamics but we lads do indeed get "get something out of it".

Ah if only the womenfolk could be so simple. We'd all be so much better off, the women working with a smile on their face, the men sleeping it off....
Old 05-08-2004, 01:38 PM   #33
marichiko

Quote:
Originally posted by blue58
Yes please tell.

And could someone move this to the "what the fuck?" thread?

If you're choosing food over sex I'd love to see a picture of you.

And yes, bad sex IS better than no sex....but you're a woman right?
I just happen to be of the female persuasion myself, and I agree with Dana that bad sex is worse than no sex. Can a man even experience "bad sex"? I will admit that given the choice of a "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" partner and a well broiled, medium rare steak, I'd take the steak. Wanna see my pic? :p
Old 05-08-2004, 07:04 PM   #34
blue
Operations Operative

Quote:
Can a man even experience "bad sex"?
A letdown maybe, but Bad...not really.

Quote:
Wanna see my pic?
Oh yeah!
Old 05-10-2004, 09:30 AM   #35
Catwoman
stalking a Tom

Just to throw in the proverbial spanner, I am female, and would rather have bland sex than no sex. But then if its bland, its with the wrong person anyway, so, oh well, move onto the next one. Or eat some cake.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:47 AM   #36
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Yes, bad sex is better than no sex. Just as bad food is better than no food at all. If you were starving, would you rather have a peanut butter, pickle, and bologna sandwich (nasty) or nothing at all?

Women don't seem to understand how the male brain works. Sex is a physical need. It's a bodily function like eating or going to the bathroom. This is why women should not be surprised if when they try to use sex as a weapon by withholding, it backfires on them. If a woman stops cooking for her husband, it doesn't mean he's going to stop eating. He might make his own meals for awhile, but eventually he'll go out to eat. The same is true of sex.

It's possible for a man to have poor sex, but even poor sex is better than none at all.

I think part of the reason women don't understand this is because virtually any woman can have sex any time they wish.

When we're children, having ice-cream is a huge treat. We get very excited about it because we don't know when we might get ice-cream again. But when we turn into adults, and we can have it anytime we like, the excitement is gone. It's like predatory animals in the wild. The Lion is always hunting because it doesn't know where its next meal will come from. Lions in the zoo, with a steady supply of food aren't hunting but those in the wild have that hungry look on thier faces.

Women are the lion in the zoo. All they need to do is walk into any bar and say, "I'd like to have sex. Is there a man here who will have sex with me?" and they'd be having sex within the hour. Even an ugly or old woman could do this.

Men are the lion in the wild. We genuinely don't know when we're going to have sex again, especially considering the slightest thing will send a woman "out of the mood". This is why we're always hunting for sex and why we get excited about it like children with ice-cream.

Last edited by Radar; 05-10-2004 at 11:53 AM.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 12:15 PM   #37
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by Radar
Yes, bad sex is better than no sex. Just as bad food is better than no food at all. If you were starving, would you rather have a peanut butter, pickle, and bologna sandwich (nasty) or nothing at all?

Lose the bologna, and you have yourself a tasty treat. I know it sounds nasty, but Jinx turned me onto it, and if it's a good dill pickle, and quality pb.......yuuuumy!

Quote:

If a woman stops cooking for her husband, it doesn't mean he's going to stop eating. He might make his own meals for awhile, but eventually he'll go out to eat. The same is true of sex.

with your wife in a different country, I suppose you've been doing a lot of both kinds of "home cookin"?

Quote:

Men are the lion in the wild. We genuinely don't know when we're going to have sex again, especially considering the slightest thing will send a woman "out of the mood". This is why we're always hunting for sex and why we get excited about it like children with ice-cream.
i beg to differ. married men over 30 will probably agree that if they want some nookie, little effort is required. Assuming you're doing it right, and your wife is game for a little slap and tickle. I wouldn;t go so far as to say I'm the lion in the zoo, but I would say I'm a Lion in a game preserve where the hunting is excellent.

Quote:

Women are the lion in the zoo. All they need to do is walk into any bar and say, "I'd like to have sex. Is there a man here who will have sex with me?" and they'd be having sex within the hour. Even an ugly or old woman could do this.

if a woman did that, she'd be having sex IN the bar within MINUTES....on the pool table, with a line forming behind her FIRST partner. At least, that's what it says in Penthouse.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 12:24 PM   #38
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim

if a woman did that, she'd be having sex IN the bar within MINUTES....on the pool table, with a line forming behind her FIRST partner. At least, that's what it says in Penthouse.
I never knew that. Thank God we have Penthouse to give us factual, unembroidered information about these things.

(Seriously, is Penthouse still around? I had read they were in serious financial trouble, for reasons that seemed mostly obvious.)
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 12:30 PM   #39
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Lose the bologna, and you have yourself a tasty treat. I know it sounds nasty, but Jinx turned me onto it, and if it's a good dill pickle, and quality pb.......yuuuumy!
I've got another one that sounds horrible, but it's really good. My grandma made me eat it and I couldn't believe it was good.

Peanut Butter + Mayo.

And a guy last week told me Peanut Butter + Sweet Pickles + Banana + Bacon

Freaky! The point is would you rather eat something that isn't very good or starve? Let's say you hate liver and onions (I happen to love it), and you haven't eaten in 3 days. Would you rather eat a plate of liver and onions or continue starving?

Quote:
with your wife in a different country, I suppose you've been doing a lot of both kinds of "home cookin"?
Sadly yes. I've had to wrestle the bald-headed champ a few times to tide me over.

Quote:
I wouldn;t go so far as to say I'm the lion in the zoo, but I would say I'm a Lion in a game preserve where the hunting is excellent.
Point taken, but I'd like to make sure she knows she's not doing me a favor by having sex. She has a good time and so do I. Nobody is doing anyone a favor.

Quote:
True, but I'd assume she'd want to actually make it to a bed. I suppose if she wanted it right now, she could easily get someone to nail her in the parking lot or on the pool table.

The point is, men can't do that women can. Because they can have sex any time they want, sex isn't as important to them as it would be if they couldn't.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:53 PM   #40
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
Originally posted by Tomas Rueda
As far as Im concerned, no, it is not.

it seems far outweighted but, if you abstain from eating or drinking, you'll be dead within the month. however if you abstaing from the other, well, lets just say monks have been doing it for years and years.
you're absolutely right, sort of... if you abstain from food and drink you will soon be dead.

if you abstain from sex you will soon WISH you were dead.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:23 PM   #41
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
originally posted by radar
Sadly yes. I've had to wrestle the bald-headed champ a few times to tide me over.

TMI

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 01:28 PM   #42
jaguar
whig

Seconding wolf there.

Quote:
but I would say I'm a Lion in a game preserve where the hunting is excellent.
Quote:
At least, that's what it says in Penthouse.
hmmm LJ
--------------------------

The more I hear from Radar about women the more sure I am I was right the first time.

edited for clarity.

Last edited by jaguar; 05-10-2004 at 02:02 PM.
jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 01:33 PM   #43
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Neither of those quotes is mine. And if your first impression of me was that I'm an honest, straightforward, well-educated, reasonable, truthful, intelligent, guy who doesn't pull any punches, it was indeed correct.

I'm not saying what you want to hear, I'm telling you the truth whether you like it or not.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:58 PM   #44
Tomas Rueda
Master of the Domain

So, Food is better than Sex?
Old 05-10-2004, 01:59 PM   #45
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

The only time food is better than sex is when you're having sex with a wood chipper.