The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 10-18-2004, 11:59 PM   #31
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

I have found myself in the path of a few redheads in my day, probably more than most. In fact, I married one.

She would like to point out that about 2% of the Earth's population have red hair... The country with the highest number is Scotland with 13 percent, followed closely by Ireland at 10 percent. Value in scarcity, eh?

Of course, the question this thread posed is whether redheads are better. Yes, they are. But is the hair color the cause, or the effect? There's your philosophy question.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:33 AM   #32
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonated_Brains
Tell them to act like arrogant pricks and treat women like objects, then they'll have babes dangling off them.

//bitter
Just a tad. Just as some men are bastards, some women are bitches. Some women will run right past the nice guys for the bastards. This does not mean that ALL men are bastards, nor does it mean nice guys finish last. Some men will run right past the nice girls for the bitches. This does not mean ALL women are bitches, nor does it mean nice girls can't get a date. Some people seem compelled to run into brick walls. This is not the fault of the bricks if people refuse to go through the door that's standing wide open. Just a thought...
Old 10-19-2004, 10:30 AM   #33
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

I'm surrounded by 'em...One of my best friends, my husband, daughter, boss and spouse, and 1 of their 2 sons are all natural red heads. All more toward the orange/strawberry blonde side than auburny. Tho as my girl gets older, the top is getting darker and the underneath where the hair was rubbed off as an infant is getting a lot more blonde. Odd. I was hoping that if she was a girl it would be red b/c my hair is a shitty dishwater blonde color, blech. My hubby was the first to introduce me to the phrase "curtains match the carpet" and i still snort every time i hear it. The new smilies rock!

as for do they get more attention, my bf does get a lot more than me, but i'm sure it's the huge difference in cleavage that does it

Last edited by LabRat; 10-19-2004 at 10:32 AM.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 03:03 PM   #34
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Ah, yes. The philosophical pondering of cleavage. It is true that your boobs have more power when they collide.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 03:09 PM   #35
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
It is true that your boobs have more power when they collide.
I believe that's called "critical mass."
Old 10-19-2004, 03:20 PM   #36
Chewbaccus
Freethinker/booter

I actually got into a discussion on this with a friend last night. Over the course of things, we realized that redheads are very binary: they're either really really attractive, or really really not, when you stop to think about it. There's no grey area or room for interpretation.

Me personally, I'm a sucker for the colleens (dark red hair, green eyes). Not to discriminate against the brunettes or ravenhairs, dark hair period does it for me. But dark red, that's where it's at.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:17 PM   #37
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

too many of my ex's have been redheads... geez around 85%... so where as I have been very 'lucky' in this department. wow.. uh.. after the last one I think I need to take a bit of a break from them... although...
Old 10-19-2004, 05:22 PM   #38
cowhead

oh.. on a side note...
I did some digging on the whole 'redhead' thing (seeing as how I am too curious for my own good) and it seems that although there is a popular thought that redheads 'come from' ireland/scotland that in fact the genetics can be traced back to scandanvia/norway.. just some food for thought
Old 10-19-2004, 06:06 PM   #39
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Ethnic diversity circa 1000 A.D.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 06:14 PM   #40
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

IIRC, the derogatory meaning for "red-headed child" (combined with the more obvious "stepchild"), as in "to beat like a red-headed stepchild" came from the habit of the redheaded Viking raiders... passing through... and leaving a crop of redheaded babies nine months behind them.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 06:52 PM   #41
cowhead

kinda like the 'black-irish' after the sinking of the spannish armada... the survivors swam to shore and well... bred with the locals and the next thing you know! if you can't beat them.. join them I guess
Old 10-19-2004, 07:44 PM   #42
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
I've recently become a redhead and have notice a 50% increase in Male Attention since changing. Anyone have a preference or similar story? (LJ excepting)
what!? i'm excluded from this thread? or you just dont want to know if men find me more atractive as a red head?

i never kiss and tell.

the thing with real red heads is that there is seldom an average looking red head. they're either knocked out gorgeous or painfully ugly.

but, sometimes even the ugly ones are sexy.

I like jinx as a red head.....she does the auburn thing. one day, she's gonna do hot pink.......that's sexy on a whole 'nother level. ....mmmmmmmmmm, dirty.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:53 PM   #43
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Ok, LJ--I'll bite. DO men find you more attractive as a redhead? I think jinx is very pretty anyway but hot pink would be damn cool.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 10:19 PM   #44
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I had to do hot pink hair for a play once. It was awesome. A ton of people asked me about it though, so it's not a good idea if you don't like talking to strangers.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 11:19 AM   #45
kerosene
Touring the facilities

Ooh, hair color stories!!

I am naturally brown-haired...it isn't that nice dark brown, either, it is a boring sort of medium mousy brown. Funny, they don't make dyes in mousy brown. Anyway, I have been redhead, both strawberry and auburn, bleach blond, streaky blond, dark brown, and now black. I think I have had my hair black for about a year and a half now. My experiences wearing these colors has been interesting. When I was blond, I got hit on, practically constantly. But, I was never taken seriously. People didn't listen to things I had to say. When I was a redhead, I suppose I got hit on, but I don't remember. As a dark brunette I rarely got hit on, but I remember my blond friends would always get hit on before me (which is completely fine by me because most men that hit on them were not worth knowing). With black hair, I think most people look at me and think I have some sort of latent goth thing going on. Some guys think I am this creepy weird person or "interesting". It's kind of fun to see how perceptions of me change as my appearance changes.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote