The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 05-05-2006, 10:19 PM   #31
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I got, if you went through all that healing you'd think twice about shooting.

But seriously, what are the chances of a person that would do this, saying anything profound?
Old 05-05-2006, 11:22 PM   #32
seakdivers
Icy Queen

I would like to shoot anybody stupid enough to think they were making a point with a gun replica made of their own flesh.
seakdivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 11:03 AM   #33
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
I got, if you went through all that healing you'd think twice about shooting.
You should think twice before shooting anyway.

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #34
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Hey, what happened to "shoot first and ask questions later"?
Old 05-06-2006, 12:12 PM   #35
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieL
You should think twice before shooting anyway.
Thats how you get shot first.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:58 PM   #36
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Not really. The average drug dealer shoot-out involves absolutely no thinking, and a 15:1 shot to hit ratio. And the hit is of an uninvolved innocent bystander.

If Maggie's shooting you, you're going to be dead.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:18 PM   #37
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage
Thats how you get shot first.
I said "think twice" not "think slow". If you're armed and maintaining situational awareness, you should have been thinking all along. By the time you're drawing from concealment, you should be pretty much done with reflection and ready to act.

I sure hope to have a hit ratio better than 15:1...there's only 12 rounds in the magazine. ;-) With my carry piece I usually practice with a half-size Q target at seven to fifteen yards and I'm satisfied with the results. Obviously stress fire is a whole different environment.

In another thread, I mentioned a comment made by the photog who took our pics for the Philly Weekly article. He asked a gangbanger why their aim was so bad....the answer was "everybody's high and nobody knows how to shoot".

Last edited by MaggieL; 05-06-2006 at 01:28 PM.
MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:50 PM   #38
mitheral
Abecedarian

Quote:
In another thread, I mentioned a comment made by the photog who took our pics for the Philly Weekly article. He asked a gangbanger why their aim was so bad....the answer was "everybody's high and nobody knows how to shoot".
Didn't the NRA have a program where they supplied repeat offenders with range time and instruction on the theory that less innocent bystanders would be injured if the gang bangers could hit who they wanted rather than just spraying down range?
mitheral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:58 PM   #39
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitheral
Didn't the NRA have a program where they supplied repeat offenders with range time and instruction on the theory that less innocent bystanders would be injured if the gang bangers could hit who they wanted rather than just spraying down range?
If I am correct, been a while since I read it, that was a chapter (club) not The NRA.
You can't hold the whole organization responsible for every decision some hick burg uses the local chapter for.
This is a common way that the national press, especially those intent on mud-slinging or out-right lying work... it is a non-fact that sounds good because you can make it sound like it was NRA sponsored.
There was one where very young children were gifted guns in CA by a chapter and it was all over that the NRA was giving infants guns to shoot in their cribs. Idiots.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:08 AM   #40
rkzenrage

Quote:
I said "think twice" not "think slow". If you're armed and maintaining situational awareness, you should have been thinking all along. By the time you're drawing from concealment, you should be pretty much done with reflection and ready to act.

I sure hope to have a hit ratio better than 15:1...there's only 12 rounds in the magazine. ;-) With my carry piece I usually practice with a half-size Q target at seven to fifteen yards and I'm satisfied with the results. Obviously stress fire is a whole different environment.

Semantics/inflection... not an easy thing to determine, "think" in this context.
Especially for someone who has been shooting as long as I have been, and as much.
If I am in an environment where I am ready to shoot there is a kind-of simplicity and instinct that takes over. It is thought, but when I see what I need to shoot and that there is nothing else in the way, I shoot. There is no second thought. That was as a professional hunter for many years, you think twice, you miss the shot & wound the animal, torture them instead of a clean cull. Something that, you may not believe, I still carry each with me.
If there was someone in my home and my wife was next to me and I saw that it was not my son or a family member, shoot. One thought, not family... then shoot.
There just is not time for anything else.
Not going into how or where I grew-up, because I don't assume anyone has or has not seen what I have seen or worse. But, I know how it affected me.
If they are in my home unannounced and they don't live there, they are there to kill us, period. End of story. End of discussion. End of possibilities. So, I just don't see where the second thought comes into play.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:44 AM   #41
funkykule
professional bowler

so surprise birthday parties are out of the question then?
funkykule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:07 AM   #42
rkzenrage

Good one.
Just make sure my wife's out front...