Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 01-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #31
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
...The US and Israel are against a nuclear armed Iran. Iran says it only wants nuclear power, not weapons. We say it is bullshit. To prove this couldn't we offer to help build power plants with other technology? Then Iran wouldn't have an excuse to become nuclear armed and it would help Iran accomplish it's economic goals.
It's more than that, now, for Iran. They feel it's a matter of principle that, as a soveriegn nation, they have the right to develop nuclear power. And it's a matter of saving face, to not knuckle under to the satanic Americans.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:03 PM   #32
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Yes, but that is the only thing I can see that will bring peace for certain.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:12 PM   #33
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I sincerely hope with every fibre of my being, that he is kicked out of office and brought to trial for war crimes, and that no more British, American and Allied troops, along with thousands of innocent civilians, have to die for this insanity.
You'd do better hoping for victory with every fiber of your being instead. Losing to the anti-Westerners will redound upon YOU.

Actually attempting to win a war, and one we DIDN'T start as you will recall, is hardly a "war crime."

When I hear things like this from people, all I can imagine is that they don't have the first idea where their true interests lie.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:17 PM   #34
Ibby
erika

Wait, invading a soverign nation under false pretenses after an impartial UN group determined there was no reason to invade is not starting it?
Old 01-15-2007, 09:44 PM   #35
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Is Iran responsible in any way for all the insurgency going on now in Iraq? Do you think maybe, just maybe, that it is doing everything it can behind the scenes to make sure we are unsuccessful? Just askin.
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:03 PM   #36
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Iran seems to want peace with the US

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070115/...iran_iraq_dc_2
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:31 PM   #37
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman065 View Post
Is Iran responsible in any way for all the insurgency going on now in Iraq?
Iran is responsible for supporting the insurgency just like the US is responsible for doing same for the IRA in Northern Ireland. If it was not obvious, the United States was the number one supporter of IRA terrorism. Before you listen to George Jr and Rush Limbaugh spin, remember what supported the IRA.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:09 AM   #38
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

How much support did the US Government send to the IRA?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:31 AM   #39
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
You'd do better hoping for victory with every fiber of your being instead. Losing to the anti-Westerners will redound upon YOU.
Oops! Time to jump off the democracy bandwagon eh?
Old 01-16-2007, 07:28 AM   #40
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

So if Iran is responsible for the insurgency, then perhaps we should work to seal the border between the two countries. Perhaps things wouldn't be so bad if there weren't rabblerousers creating such disruptions. As long as we are dealing with this BS we aren't in Iran are we? Thats what Iran wants, right? Isn't it better for Iran to have the US fighting (and losing) the PR war in Iraq because so many want to forget the fact that the war on terror needs to be fought and I'd rather do it there than here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Before you listen to George Jr and Rush Limbaugh spin, remember what (????)supported the IRA.
For your information, Those and these were/are my thoughts tw, mine alone. I don't listen to George JR. nor Rush - in fact, it is YOU who seem to spend a lot of time listening to them since you know so much about what he thinks says and believes.
You constantly make assumptions about me and where I get my opinions and you have been WRONG every single time. So please stop it. It's really annoying and simply makes you look like more ignorant than you already are and trust me you don't need my help.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:35 PM   #41
Phil
Hoodoo Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post

Actually attempting to win a war, and one we DIDN'T start as you will recall, is hardly a "war crime."

When I hear things like this from people, all I can imagine is that they don't have the first idea where their true interests lie.

granted the USa didnt "start it", but have no doubt it was an INVASION, an ILLEGAL INVASION, and had nothing whatsoever to do with Iraq. the attack on twin towers was carried out by Saudi, or (wait for it) the CIA, but of course Bush's interests are already sorted there, so he went after the one Daddy couldnt bag.
i know for sure where my interests lie, and it isnt in some Right Wing Fundamentalist Christian warmonger.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:43 PM   #42
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
the CIA

Snort.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:05 PM   #43
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Quote:
the CIA,
LMAO, good thing you were only kidding - weren't you?
Old 01-16-2007, 06:34 PM   #44
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Almost time to put the patriotic magnet back on the car!
Attached Images

Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:25 AM   #45
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman065 View Post
So if Iran is responsible for the insurgency, then perhaps we should work to seal the border between the two countries.
I said completely opposite of what you are posting. Are you now telling me that the US government supported the IRA? I did not say that. Why do you reply as if I said that? Your reply only makes sense if you view nations as a monolithic block.

Iraq Study Group constructed a comprehensive plan to get out of Iraq. Insightful, comprehensive, and based in reality. Guess what. Neither Syria nor Iran have the 'enemy' attitude promoted by a mental midget president. So fools in this administration will promote lies so that you don't respect the only 'out' we have.

You have assumed an insurgency is fueled primarily by foreign forces. Did you read facts even in 2003? Iraq was chock full of ammunition dumps. So much not eliminated because America had too few troops (who made that stupid mistake?). So much munitions unguarded because America disbanded the Iraqi military. The insurgency is fueled by a country chock full of munitions. Where would external munitions come from? Jordan. Kuwait. Turkey. Smuggling is rampant because the US disbanded the military and deBaathified the country. Because the US has too few troops in country.

How does an anti-American president get you to blame someone else? Blame Syria and Iran. It is an old trip used by Hitler to rally his brown shirts. The Iraq Study Group has a workable solution. But first you must ignore George Jr lies and propaganda. Smuggling is also supplying the insurgency? Probably. And both Syria and Iran have interests in capturing what they call criminals; what we call mafia.

Instead the enemy of America blames Iran and Syria so that the biased among us will not demand the only possible solution from the Iraq Study Group.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote