The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 06-02-2002, 10:25 PM   #31
juju
no one of consequence

Well, when he says 'a very strong biological urge to mate', he means, 'men love sex'.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 11:09 PM   #32
warch
lurkin old school

There are actors that are able to bring their own thing...and maybe it has to do with humor, I dunno, but I like it. Kevin Spacey is brilliant- Swimming with Sharks, LA Confidential, Usual Suspects, The Ref,AB- his intelligence shows, and that trumps Brad Pitt anyday. I remember first seeing him as a psycho criminal on the old late night TV staple "Wiseguy",....that dates me, eh?!

I'll second the Kevin Kline and Christopher Walken mentions, and add John Cusack- High Fidelity, Grosse Pointe Blank, Being John Malkovich, Bullets over Broadway,...he's been in some great movies and I'll also add his Fidelity cameo star, Tim Robbins. Loved The Player.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 12:24 AM   #33
jeni
is stuck on altair-4

girls love sex too. :p

he was saying that it's natural to have desires.
jeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 12:51 AM   #34
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I understood what he was saying. I was making a joke about the process of mating (and its end result).
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 06:45 AM   #35
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally posted by juju2112
Hmm... do you consider yourself a student of people? Meaning, do you constantly try to figure out what makes other people tick?

I always thought American Beauty was for these kinds of people. I could be wrong, though.
I like to think I am, but somehow I dropped the ball on this one. I guess I was looking at it as a writer imposing an attitude rather than a writer revealing an attitude. I guess the child abuse angle pushed my buttons, keeping me from watching more analyticly.
Old 06-07-2002, 03:29 PM   #36
thebecoming
Drawn Druid

[quote]Originally posted by Griff
whoops, Twelve Monkeys/Pitt, now I remember yah he gets bumped up for that... we'll put a wait and see on his career. What shocked me about that movie was how good Willis was. [/QUOTE

When 12 Monkees came out every one was talking about Pitts role and how great he played his charicter. But in my opinion, Willis deserved far more accolades for his role...I dont remember pitt drooling all over himself, and he was playing the insane one.
Old 06-07-2002, 03:39 PM   #37
thebecoming
Drawn Druid

And on an incidental note, since were talking shop about flicks, I invite you all to watch "True Romance", the tarrantino/ tony scott movie. Just watched it again and It and the actors/ creative team should have recieved some merit.

Also I didnt see anyone metion Harvey Keitel or Gary Oldman. Both are extremely talented.