The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

View Poll Results: Do you own a gun?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 36 57.14%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2007, 09:55 PM   #436
rkzenrage

And you heard my answer.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:56 PM   #437
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
I accept your apology. Now go shoot somebody, as you intended.
Nope, it's your family being murdered, I won't interfere with your desire to let them be hamburger.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:09 PM   #438
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
Oh and yeah I know I said I wasn't going to talk in gun threads anymore, but I broke that rule already when I wanted bruce and spex to stop fighting, and look where that got me.
Yep: back in the thread is where it got you. I think that's not a horribly bad result.

Now whether the more the noisier is entirely a good thing... Too good a case can be made for it being bad or being good. And I don't think anyone here wants to hijack the thread for a discussion of this minor point.

Having had the logic of his argument demolished, Spexx now is reduced to nasty little ad-hominems based upon a bitter resentment of self defense, which judging by his little breakdown a few pages back, Spexx is quite incapable of doing. The gun people do not indulge in what Spexx does; our decision to defend requires us to think more maturely and carefully -- and knowledgeably. Spexx's outbursts sound like they came out of a six-year-old. You won't hear that kind of thing out of the gun people.

Last edited by Urbane Guerrilla; 05-21-2007 at 11:23 PM.
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:15 PM   #439
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Who knows. I just decided to try looking at it from a different angle that's all. I guess maybe people find it difficult to understand.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:03 AM   #440
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
I accept your apology. Now go shoot somebody, as you intended.
The only people I intend to shoot are those who intend to infringe upon my rights (including my right to own any number of any type of gun or ammo I please without anyone else's permission or oversight), or who physically harm or endanger me, my family, or my property. If that's you, consider yourself shot.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:35 AM   #441
Urbane Guerrilla

Or at least shot at.
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:44 AM   #442
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

If I shoot, you'll be shot.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:55 AM   #443
Urbane Guerrilla

Reducing you to the passive voice.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:42 AM   #444
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Nope, it's your family being murdered, I won't interfere with your desire to let them be hamburger.
Why do you pretend the point is guns or defense? For the last few pages, the discussion has been about presumption of intentions. You presumed to know my intentions after having a hissy fit about my presuming to know your intentions. You admitted that you intend to kill someone with the guns you bought. Now, you're trying to spin the issue into my defense of my family, which I never commented on - I merely told you to stop presuming. Please give it up.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:38 AM   #445
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

No liar, I didn't admit I intend to kill someone with the guns I bought, and that's the fucking point. I said I would use them to keep someone from killing me, but you keep trying to twist the truth to make your illogical point. Everybody but you knows you're wrong and I've a feeling from your lies, you do too.

If I have to, I'll use guns to protect my loved ones.
You use;
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2007, 10:20 AM   #446
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
What part of "any" do you have a hard time comprehending? I have the right to own any weapon as long as I'm not physically harming or endangering others with it.
I understand what "any" means, but I don't always get the same answer when I ask others what they mean by "any".
Quote:
Merely owning a weapon doesn't endanger anyone. If I own nukes, I should be able to prove that they are not leaking radiation onto my neighbors. I should be able to prove that I have any bioweapons stored in such a way that there is no way for the germs to escape and endanger my neighbors.
Prove to whom? Do they have the right to make your ownership rights contingent on regular inspections and code compliance? How would they know to make those inspections - should you have to register the weapons with the inspectors in order to own them?
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:45 AM   #447
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Keep going everyone, keep going.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:09 AM   #448
rkzenrage

This, gay marriage laws, pro-lifers, dress code laws for kids (yes, some towns have them), PMRC, the FCC's bullshit, etc, etc, etc... is all the same bullshit.
Some people believe they are better than others and they should be able to tell their neighbors how to live their life, what they should be able to do and what they should not be able to do, what they should be able to say and what they should not be able to say.
They will swear they do not want one while doing their damnedest to implement an oligarchy, theocracy or other form of oppressive, nanny, government.
This mindset is AFRAID of freedom or it resents anyone who thinks differently than they do. Honestly that is cool, as long as one does nothing about it... but these people try to change legislation to inhibit others from expressing alternate thoughts.
They don't like freedom.
I have said it before.
Freedom means that you must contend with other's ideas and actions as expressions of their freedom, just like you will.
What these people hate more than anything are those who do not agree with them... they cannot handle freedom, because freedom is not about them, it is about everyone.
We have seen it in here. People who cannot handle something as simple as someone disagreeing with them. In a free society it is simple, if you don't like a TV program, you don't watch it; if you don't like a radio station, you don't listen to it; if you don't like a certain type of film, don't go and if you don't like guns, you just don't buy one.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:53 PM   #449
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
I understand what "any" means, but I don't always get the same answer when I ask others what they mean by "any".
Prove to whom? Do they have the right to make your ownership rights contingent on regular inspections and code compliance? How would they know to make those inspections - should you have to register the weapons with the inspectors in order to own them?
You'd have to prove it to your neighbors if they claimed you were endangering them. Actually it goes the other way. They would have to prove you were endangering them in order to take any actions against you. If they made such claims and had enough evidence to get a trial, you'd then have to prove your storage was safe.....or nuke the court.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:20 AM   #450
jester
why so serious

i'm kind of an outsider on this - but i'm curious - i don't think i read or maybe didn't understand - how would spexxvet protect his family if presented with the situation given of a threatening intruder? i know you all gave examples of "poison & guns" purchasing them without the intent to do harm unless provoked - the same could be said about "swords". we have couple that we purchased as christmas gifts - only because my son thought they were "cool". as stated before we don't have any guns so - what if I used that? not that i would even remember having it. would i just "point & stick" - no pun intended. just wondering.
jester is offline   Reply With Quote