The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 05-07-2010, 08:48 PM   #466
Cloud

did you do hot compresses when you first got the stye? (just thinking of how stuff like this could be prevented).
Old 05-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #467
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Once you get MRSA you are done. No amount of Hot Compresses are going to fix it.
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #468
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Timer and syringe:
Attached Images

elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:56 PM   #469
TheMercenary

Cool. I have not used those pumps before but they look just like most of them. Very cool you can do this at home. Huge savings in care costs.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:08 PM   #470
elSicomoro

Cloud, we suspect that I might have gotten MRSA once I got to the hospital, but...we just don't know. This all could have started with a sinus infection, a clogged hair follicle, a scratch...*shrugs*

Merc, because of my size, the amount of vanc in my body has actually been small, so they've been giving me more. They were doing blood tests every day at the hospital and will be doing them every other day at home, starting tomorrow.

Yeah, the clinic I go through has a contract with the hospital I was at, so it's all been set up. Plus my mother-in-law is a home health care nurse, so she can help me with it as well.

Because the Cellar gets pulled a lot from Google, I'm gonna make sure I say this...my care at Barnes-Jewish Hospital was fucking stellar. I had great nurses and doctors and techs. Everyone was nice and they made my stay a little less maddening. I couldn't have asked for better care.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #471
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Sorry you gotta deal with this, but awesome to hear you are doing well. Had a run in with MRSA about a year ago. Nasty stuff. Get and keep some bottles of hand sanitizer around... and USE them all the time!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #472
Nirvana
Back in 10

I am glad all that scary stuff went well for you! Take care of yourself!
Old 05-08-2010, 04:39 PM   #473
monster
I hear them call the tide

RFcoupla hours ago watching the soccer

...I was actually quite warm under the two t-shirts, cardi, fleecy jacket, winter coat, hat, two double-layer fleece blankets, jeans, three pairs of socks (one thick) and hiking boots. But the hail that followed that pic by 5 minutes hurt like hell!

they won, though, and Hector made his (voluntary) debut as goalie and was really good.

I think that's a stunt neck. I'm pretty sure mine couldn't possibly be that horrible Age is so cruel

Attached Images

Old 05-10-2010, 09:31 PM   #474
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Me, right the day before yesterday:

Old 05-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #475
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quite fetching!
Old 05-13-2010, 04:21 PM   #476
TheMercenary

So sycamore, how are you getting along? Hope all is on the mend. Good vibes your way.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:43 PM   #477
elSicomoro

Well, the eye is good. Just got back from the eye docs a bit ago...they're pleased with the healing.

I found out at the end of last week that I am now diabetic. Fortunately, I do not have to take insulin or medication for it. I had just started a new "eating lifestyle" before this whole MRSA mess started, and haven't totally abandoned that. My weight is still down from before the hospital stay, but now I just need to kick it up a notch.

It's really weird...it's like I didn't have the classic diabetes symptoms until I was told I had it...now it's like some sort of psychosomatic shit is going on. Stupid brain of mine!

You know what else is weird? When I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in '05, I was like, "Shit! Well, I need to get myself better!" I didn't freak out real hard over it. And I reacted the same way to the diabetes diagnosis. The only difference between the two is that I am fully responsible for getting diabetes by not taking better care of myself in recent years. But the MRSA thing? Scared the living shit out of me! I was scared I'd lose an eye or suffer brain damage or worse...never been so scared in my life.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:05 PM   #478
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Glad to hear your eye is better, at least.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #479
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

MRSA, (wiki'd it) sounds like that stuff don't play around, glad ya got it beat!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:58 PM   #480
Griff
still says videotape

Scarey shit man... think I'll go wash my hands.