The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

View Poll Results: Do you own a gun?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 36 57.14%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2007, 02:41 PM   #496
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Replied when I read your post. I don't read the whole thread and then go back to see what I want to reply to.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:50 PM   #497
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Make a joke around here or disagree and get labeled an "idiot" and "ignorant." Oh, I forgot where I was. This is the Cellar, after all.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:54 PM   #498
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
I have no idea what I speak? Maybe you should try to understand what I say before you rant on something I am not talking about.

I know guns can be used for other purposes, but their main purpose is to kill. In modern day society, the chainsaw's, knife's, and baseball bat's main purpose is not to kill, but for some other reason.
PHE - (sorry if this has already been discussed - I've skipped around in this thread a bit) - Why do police (in the US) carry guns? Their stated mission is, generally, "to serve and protect."

I'm not taking a side in this debate, but just looking for a different perspective.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:55 PM   #499
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Sarcasm doesn't convey well in text. Also I apologize. Just getting sick of Spexxvet lying, being an asshole, and attempting to attack my birthright.

My right to own any number of any kind of gun without any permission or oversight on the part of the government is no less or more important than his/her right to breathe.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:00 PM   #500
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Just getting sick of Spexxvet lying, being an asshole, and attempting to attack my birthright.
I was not an asshole until you started with the insults, asshole. Please cite where I have lied or attacked your birthright. I have done neither, and those who make claims to the contrary are only displaying their own personal bias and complete ignorance in the matter.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:06 PM   #501
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I'm not mad. I do try to stay out of gun threads but I just thought that story was an interesting sidebar. I see both sides on this issue; though I don't care for guns, as a woman living alone I wonder sometimes.

And, I'm too sarcastic for my own good. It gets me into trouble even IRL!
Old 05-25-2007, 03:39 PM   #502
Spexxvet

Quote:
... You also have the right to drink alcohol when you've reached the age of majority (18)....
Why do you feel justified in limiting the rights of minors to drink alcohol, but will not tolerate ANY limitations on gun ownership?
Old 05-25-2007, 03:45 PM   #503
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
Why do you feel justified in limiting the rights of minors to drink alcohol, but will not tolerate ANY limitations on gun ownership?
Are minors allowed to own guns?
Old 05-25-2007, 04:27 PM   #504
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
No.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:43 PM   #505
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLJ View Post
PHE - (sorry if this has already been discussed - I've skipped around in this thread a bit) - Why do police (in the US) carry guns? Their stated mission is, generally, "to serve and protect."

I'm not taking a side in this debate, but just looking for a different perspective.
They carry guns so they can kill if they feel threatened. If they shoot their gun they are told to kill.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:01 PM   #506
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
I was not an asshole until you started with the insults, asshole. Please cite where I have lied or attacked your birthright. I have done neither, and those who make claims to the contrary are only displaying their own personal bias and complete ignorance in the matter.
You've lied when you claimed I had no right to own a gun, and you've attacked my birthright to own one. You've dishonestly suggested that gun owners are nuts as opposed to those who are truly insane by attacking their rights.

You are presented with facts and you deny them.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:03 PM   #507
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
I don't feel justified in limiting the rights of anyone. Minors have no rights other than basic human rights. They may not make decisions for themselves; only their parents may do it.

If a parent wants to allow a minor to drink alcohol at home, I have no problem with it.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:11 PM   #508
Spexxvet

Quote:
You've lied when you claimed I had no right to own a gun, and you've attacked my birthright to own one.
You're lying. Quote me.

Quote:
You've dishonestly suggested that gun owners are nuts ...
That would not be dishonesty, it would be my opinion. Quote me.

Quote:
You are presented with facts and you deny them.
I deny facts? Facts can't be denied. Quote me.

Come on, Radar, back up your attack with some evidence.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:15 PM   #509
Spexxvet

Quote:
Our rights come from natural law, which is part of the laws of nature. Where does gravity come from? It's a constant. It's a universal law of nature and is no more or less immutable than our rights. Rights are undeniable and self-evident and are with us from the moment of birth.

If you're unclear about natural law or rights, I suggest you read up on them because they are the foundation of our laws in America.

And yes, all gun control laws are unconstitutional, and a direct violation of our natural rights.
Quote:
I don't feel justified in limiting the rights of anyone. Minors have no rights other than basic human rights. They may not make decisions for themselves; only their parents may do it.

If a parent wants to allow a minor to drink alcohol at home, I have no problem with it.
Can you clear up these apparent contradictions?
Old 05-25-2007, 05:32 PM   #510
Spexxvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
No.
Wrong.