Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
HM. New cat. Liberties taken.
(decided to be brief this time)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
What's our little skeptic doing today?
Old 06-18-2008, 08:21 PM   #512
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I let tw get the best of me, to the point where I made a post that was over the top. Dwellars rarely get to me like that, but some of the stuff he's been posting lately is just like, WTF?!

I apologize for going over the top, and hope I did not diminish anyone's Cellar enjoyment in making that post.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:46 PM   #513
Griff
still says videotape

Sometimes you just gotta do something. I hope he gets it together soon.
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2008, 05:59 AM   #514
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Bluergh. Yes, that's right bleurgh! I was planning on being a bit naughty with my rent (letting it slip a month behind and then catching it back up with the following month's pay packet) in order to get my pc repaired and upgraded. I was doing this in order to be able to play Age of Conan (mmo) given that the Summer break is pretty much the only opportunity I'll get, what with next year being my final year of a degree. I want to play AoC with my friend J, who's also a fellow mmorpg fan.

Unfortnately, J has been let down on payment by a firm, he's just built a website for....they're playing silly buggers and he's dreadfully behind in his rent and relying on this invoice to prevent eviction....

So the money I was going to spend on getting the comp sorted out I am now going to lend to J....which I don't mind one bit, but it basically means I won't get my comp sorted out for another 2 months! In other words I'll probably have it sorted with less than 4 weeks of summer break left...That's mildly irritating.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:07 PM   #515
elSicomoro

Tw kinda got to me again today. I handled it better than last time, but I think I still could've handled it better. Sorry folks.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #516
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

I am beset by complaints from coworkers who are worried about a ma$$ive software implementation. I am trying to be diplomatic, but the time for complaints was months ago. I am trying not to point out that we've already delayed the project by four months to absolutely no effect, simply to assuage peoples' discomfort. There are many things I'm trying to to point out simply because they'd come off as insulting. But the bottom line is this is going to happen whether anybody likes it or not.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:29 PM   #517
elSicomoro

Okay...I'm getting better with the tw thing, but I'm still letting him rile me up. I'm trying to do better...I swear.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:58 PM   #518
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Just found out I won't be going out for my birthday.
Just got home & was talking to HM in the kitchen. He said, "Don't eat tomorrow night" and I said, "Well, obviously! We're going out for dinner!"

No.
HM is cooking for me.

His first response was, "I can't afford to take you out."
Like I have ever asked him to. I was quite happy with the idea of paying my way. I did wonder why he hadn't made any suggestions re where we went, but he's not exactly a pre-planner. The fact that he obviously decided he was cooking for me and still hasn't asked me what I would like to eat proves that.

This whole having no money thing also upsets me. He goes out (usually after work) at least 4 nights a week. He came back last night with two guys from the pub with booze and food (annoying me because they were playing guitar until gone 03.00 and the kitchen I cleaned was a bombsite today). His money of course. His choice no doubt. But he can go out on Sunday for an Open Mike Night and not on Tuesday. My birthday.

Which brings me onto the next point - he thought he had a date this week. What was he going to use to take her out? Buttons? Anyway she's decided too old. Well he is 14 years older than her. I'd feel for him more if he hadn't been in love with someone different every fortnight since he's worked in that pub. He's been very gung-ho about this new crowd he works with but I've always thought it wouldn't last. Yes I'm sure they're great, but they don't pay the rent and the chances of any of them being in his life next year are quite slim.

So he's warned me that he'll try to be cheerful tomorrow, but he can't promise anything. This also sticks in my throat. Why? Because until gone three last night he was yukking it up quite happily (he found out last night). And when I came home after work at 18.00 he was in his dressing gown, laughing & joking with sleep-on-sofa-guy playing on the Playstation. He really didn't sound depressed then.

But of couse he can pull it out of the bag for random people, just not for my birthday.

I feel that all the above makes me a bitch.
I am sulking like a little girl because I think my birthday is important and no-one else does.
I know I should be supporting him because he's the one who has been hurt and not licking my own wounds. It's non-sexual jealousy in that I am resenting being treated "worse" than other, newer acquiantances.

I know all the above and it just makes me feel more low.

Sigh.

I'm giving up birthdays next year, like I gave up New Years Eve after one too many disappointments.

Okay I'm done.
Happy birthday to me.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:07 PM   #519
lookout123
changed his status to single

Sorry SG. Happy Bday from me anyway. Sorry I can't take you to dinner.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:14 PM   #520
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

You know what - just opened a card from a friend and it made me laugh and put it all in perspective.

I won't delete the above post as it would be dishonest.
But for the record, birthdays shouldn't be about setting rules and expecting other people to live up to them. Birthdays should be about enjoying things yourself, and whatever else someone does for you is an added bonus - not something to bitch about.

Thanks for not smacking me upside the head Lookout
Old 07-01-2008, 11:58 AM   #521
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Happy birthday, Sundae!
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:04 PM   #522
sweetwater
lives inside a Mobius strip

I routinely volunteer my time twice a week running a Meals on Wheels route. I even volunteered to learn another route to be a backup, and now get called on that one about every other week. That's OK, people want to eat every day, I understand. But today I was called to do the extra route and 3 of 11 meals were returned because the people were not home. When I reported it, I was told, "Yeah, they're all out spending their money", this being the 1st of the month. Grrrrr... they could have called and canceled for the day, but noooooo--ooo--oooooooooo.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:18 PM   #523
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Listened to a story recently that reported that folks like you donate their time *and* their gas money in this service to others. Just wanted to say double thanks. I can appreciate what a contribution you're making.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:51 PM   #524
sweetwater
lives inside a Mobius strip

Why, thank you. The high cost of gas is knocking many drivers out of the ranks because they are retired and simply cannot afford it. That type of driving (go, stop, idle, go a bit further) is terrible for gas mileage and car life. And more people are needing meals, too. Sad ol' world these days, ain't it?
Old 07-01-2008, 01:05 PM   #525
Cloud

Someone stole my lunch!

My Stouffer's mac n cheese was in the microwave all heated up. But I didn't do it! Who was it? (looks around)

I waited around for about 15 minutes trying to catch whoever in our building was the culprit, but they didn't show. So finally, I just took it. and ate it.

'Twas mine, after all.

Filthy lunch thieves!

Tags
mild cheddar