The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 04-19-2006, 01:56 PM   #46
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

ACE MUST GO. He's my pick for tonight.

Kellie was not great, but she'll survive.

Katharine's smugness is getting annoying.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:07 PM   #47
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

Bye bye Paris!
Old 04-25-2006, 04:13 PM   #48
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

...or Elliot. How Chris was in the bottom three last week, I am not able to conceive.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:51 AM   #49
Elspode

*Not* a stellar night last night. Only Chris was truly impressive, although I thought Taylor did very well, and got skewered for his efforts. The judges were, in general, rather harsh last night, and all the performers looked very tense. The combination of world-class producer and world-class singer as the featured coaches for this week's Love Songs theme must have been rather unnerving. The producer was *very* stern with both his advice and critiques, and the usual light-hearted yet respectful atmosphere between contestants and coach was utterly absent.

I think it is the first time this season that the performers have been really leaned on in the manner which they can expect if they ultimately go into the pro music biz, and it looked to me like it was stressful. No one looked truly comfortable, and poor Kelly imploded again, giving a souless rendition of "Unchained Melody" that was rife with bad pitch and stiff presentation. Paris is a mighty force in a small body, but she keeps making the mistake of trying to pull off what more seasoned veterans do, and drawing the inevitably negative comparisons for her trouble.

Elliot sounded very good, but still lacks the essential "It" quality necessary to win, although he continues to improve in that area. Kat was probably the most unjustifiably skewered by the judges last night...I thought she sounded great, looked jaw-droppingly stupendous, and comported herself well.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:20 PM   #50
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

Sadly... Kellie has to go. She sucked two weeks in a row, and if she's to scared to sing well, she's gotta go.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:26 PM   #51
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

Elliott will be next.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:07 AM   #52
rkzenrage

I hope Kat goes. Hope, hope, hope.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:36 AM   #53
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

Not this week. Kat did fine with her second song. I think it's between Paris and Elliott this week. Now I'm starting to think it may be Paris. Though I liked her Prince song. I'll stick with Elliott.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:14 PM   #54
Munchkin
Colloquialist

I dont think Elliot is going yet. His second song was really good and had all of what his other performances lack. Unfortunately, he has not yet had a performance as good as his first stevie song.

Its going to be Kat or Paris tonight. Ill bet on Paris.

These five are actually all talented in their own way... my top five pick made it so im happy. If Paris goes tonight Ill have my top four.... then no clue... I think top two will be Chris and Taylor.
Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #55
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

No way it's Kat. Kat and Chris will be the final two, IMO.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:36 PM   #56
Munchkin
Colloquialist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBsjb
No way it's Kat. Kat and Chris will be the final two, IMO.
You know what? I think Id like that. I love Taylor, but I think he will be fine without placing in the top two. And I have liked kat from the beginning... she is just rediculously talented... I guess that happens when youre taking lessons from birth
Old 05-03-2006, 08:38 PM   #57
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

Elliott won't last another week. Taylor is getting the goof vote, that'll work for one more week. If everyone performs as they have so far, it's a toss up between Chris and Kat.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:17 PM   #58
Munchkin
Colloquialist

Elliot would have to step it up like crazy to make it another week. I think he is really talented but he over sings a lot, and doesnt have a fan base. Unfortunately for Kat, Taylor has a huge fan base.... so she has to step it up too... What I love, is that Taylor Kat and Chris all have totally different styles, and theyre all good in their own way... Taylor may be a goof... but put him on a stage with a great band behind him and itll be a good energy packed show... I think id rather see him in a bar though...
Old 05-04-2006, 12:39 PM   #59
Elspode

Elliot goes next week. Strange that the three *best* vocalists will not make it to the final (Mandisa, Paris and Elliot were the best pure vocalists in the final 12, IMHO). Elliot just doesn't grab the audience, even though he has improved slowly week by week with his personability, confidence and presentation.

Kat has a fine voice, and she is hotter than the surface of the sun appearance-wise, but she leaves me a bit cold for some reason. Taylor is the *real deal*, meaning he comes from a place inside himself that hearkens back to the blues/soul shouters. He's got *real* white boy soul all the way down to the soles of his feet, but I don't think that will carry him through to the end.

I pretty much agree with the Kat/Chris final, with Chris emerging the winner.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:49 PM   #60
Munchkin
Colloquialist

Elspode... I agree for the most part. Unfortunately for the contestents, this has been the year filled with the most talent. Mandisa went poof possibly due to her beliefs.... Paris' style doesnt necessarily work well with these themes.... and I think Elliot just picks the wrong song a lot of the time...

I also know what you mean about Kat leaving you cold. I try so hard not to feel that way, but it does seem like she doesnt feel the song. She is trying to act... instead of just singing with her heart...and it shows...

And I think Taylor has a bigger following than any of us suspect. Could be a taylor chris final two.