The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 09-30-2003, 10:59 PM   #46
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

Since the cat/dog thing has come up I thought I'd post an old e-mail that circulated the web a couple of years ago.

What is a DOG?
1. Dogs spend all day sprawled on the most comfortable piece of furniture in the house.
2. They can hear a package of food opening half a block away, but don't hear you when you're in the same room.
3. They can look dumb and lovable all at the same time.
4. They growl when they are not happy.
5. When you want to play, they want to play.
6. When you want to be alone, they want to play.
7. They leave their toys everywhere.
8. They do disgusting things with their mouths and then try to give you a kiss!
9. They go right to your crotch as soon as they meet you.
CONCLUSION: They're tiny men in little fur coats.

What is a CAT?
1. Cats do what they want.
2. They rarely listen to you.
3. They're totally unpredictable.
4. When you want to play, they want to be alone.
5. When you want to be alone, they want to play.
6. They expect you to cater to their every whim.
7. They're moody.
8. They leave hair everywhere.
CONCLUSION: They're tiny women in little fur coats.
Old 09-30-2003, 11:05 PM   #47
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Thank you Whit. See JuJu ,, told ya so , nyah nyah
Old 10-01-2003, 01:08 AM   #48
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Re: Women like that

Quote:
Originally posted by darclauz
I'm rereading some of our more.....emotional posts, and it occurs to me that some women are more prone to have those southern belle vapors than others. I had a friend who used to simper on a regular basis. She was the one who had to banter with all the men-- had to be friends, had to be lovers. Above all, she had to have all the attention focused on her.

I had no way to combat that. I was a thinker, and not comfortable with that banter that inevitably leads to a bedroom offer. I am still not comfortable with it.

But it seemed to me that the men...most of them, anyway, couldn't see past her chest and that "you're the only man in the world" eyelash batting to what she was really like -- an empty hole, needing to be filled every second.

Ever run across one of these women? And what's the difference between the flesh and the Cellar? Seems like LB would get more play in real life than she gets here. Or is that just me?
Well, I have been trying to avoid this thread, but since I'm being refered to I can't avoid it any longer. Darclauz, I'm assuming from your post that you consider me to be one of those southern belle types constantly suffering from the vapors. Well, I am not. Being that I'm not all that attractive I don't spend my time bantering with men. Even if I did I wouldn't get much of a response. I'm not a bleach blond with blue eyes and big tits who tries to get what she can using her physical resources. I may bitch and complain a lot, but I don't simper and bat my eyelashes around for attention. I get about as much play in real life as I do here, which is just about nil. I agree I am emotional about things I really believe in which may not be the best way to convey an idea or my view on something, but that's how I am. I don't really see how I can ask a question about a computer and in turn be considered a "fucking attention seeking whore" as UT choses to put it, but whatever floats his boat. I am not a whore and for someone who doesn't know a damn thing about me to call me one is disturbing to say the least, but I haven't fainted yet or broke out in tears over it. I just look at it as his problem, not mine and that it is basically a childish comment made by a foolish person. I'm not getting into the whole battle of the sexes thing, because after everybody vents/rants, nothing ever really changes and I personally don't see how it relates to me and my emotionally controversial posts. I just want to make my point and move on.

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 08:41 AM   #49
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Well, I have been trying to avoid this thread, but since I'm being refered to I can't avoid it any longer. Darclauz, I assuming from your post that you consider me to be one of those southern belle types constantly suffering from the vapors. Well, I am not. Being that I not all that attractive I don't spend my time bantering with men. Even if I did I wouldn't get much of a response. I not a bleach blond with blue eyes and big tits who tries to get what she can using her physical resources. I may bitch and complain a lot, but I don't simper and bat my eyelashes around for attention. I get about as much play in real life as I do here, which is just about nil. I agree I am emotional about things I really believe in which may not be the best way to convey an idea or my view on something, but that's how I am. I don't really see how I can ask a question about a computer and in turn be considered a "fucking attention seeking whore" as UT choses to put it, but whatever floats his boat. I am not a whore and for someone who doesn't know a damn thing about me to call me one is disturbing to say the least, but I haven't fainted yet or broke out in tears over it. I just look at it as his problem, not mine and that it is basically a childish comment made by a foolish person. I'm not getting into the whole battle of the sexes thing, because after everybody vents/rants, nothing ever really changes and I personally don't see how it relates to me and my emotionally controversial posts. I just want to make my point and move on.

--

Stop, stop, please for the love of fucking christ stop.

Not every thread is about you.

This thread is about the "whole battle of the sexes thing". The Cellar is all about venting and ranting about such things. That is what we do here. It doesn't matter if nothing is going to change.

The Cellar is not about you and your needs. You will not find what you're looking for here. I suggest you move on.

There are many message boards that you would find much more up your alley, many with friendlier people than us. This is the Internet, there must be a million of them.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 11:56 AM   #50
darclauz
Breathing into a paper bag

Quote:
Originally posted by warch
What was the real motivation for this thread?
I watched the e-changes between UT and LB, and it struck me forcibly that LB and my former friend/nemisis Carrie had a lot of similar characteristics. I wanted to see what everyone else thought.

I felt for years as though I was inferior to her, because she could banter and flirt so well...then I felt angry and embarrassed because I didn't see what she was doing. Eventually, I felt a little bit vindicated that I wasn't like her. Now, I mostly think I would like to try again to be friends, because when we had fun, we had fun.

Why? What movitivation were you looking for?
Old 10-01-2003, 11:58 AM   #51
darclauz

Re: Re: Women like that

Quote:
Originally posted by LUVBUGZ
Darclauz, I'm assuming from your post that you consider me to be one of those southern belle types constantly suffering from the vapors...(snip)

Nah. As you may have seen in my earlier post, I was remembering an old friend, and that's who the post was about. You and UT were a jumping off point.

Speaking of jumping off.........................

down, girl.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:00 PM   #52
warch
lurkin old school

Here's what I think. (So take it with the usual grain of salt)

This thread is first about Dar, and then about LB (again). 'Cause Dar called her on posts 1 and 2. Dar's motivation perhaps being to designate Dar's "kind of woman" from LBs "kind". (in case they might be thought by this audience to be aligned.) Unfortunately she chose to wrap LB in a twisted definition of feminine to trash her,instead her demonstrated general insecurities. That the discussion broadened, was a very good thing.

It really is about sex and flirting. (I duck and run)
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 12:04 PM   #53
darclauz

Quote:
Originally posted by juju
However, if you keep repeating that mantra, then you'll never be able to relate to the opposite sex.

I relate to the opposite sex.

(nuff said)
Old 10-01-2003, 12:05 PM   #54
darclauz

Quote:

It really is about sex and flirting. (I duck and run)
what the...?

most discussions on the cellar, i've noticed, start out as one comment and broaden into a discussion....neh?
Old 10-01-2003, 12:10 PM   #55
darclauz

Quote:
Here's what I think. (So take it with the usual grain of salt)

This thread is first about Dar, and then about LB (again).

sigh.

no.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:21 PM   #56
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
Stop, stop, please for the love of fucking christ stop.

Not every thread is about you.

This thread is about the "whole battle of the sexes thing". The Cellar is all about venting and ranting about such things. That is what we do here. It doesn't matter if nothing is going to change.

The Cellar is not about you and your needs. You will not find what you're looking for here. I suggest you move on.

There are many message boards that you would find much more up your alley, many with friendlier people than us. This is the Internet, there must be a million of them.
Jesus Christ UT are you totally fucking stupid or what? The original post that started this thread included "Ever run across one of these women? And what's the difference between the flesh and the Cellar? Seems like LB would get more play in real life than she gets here. Or is that just me?" How in hell can you construe that as being about the battle of the sexes (which of course the thread eventually did turn into)? Darclauz directly refered to me (LB) and then went on to ask "And....is LB really what UT claims?!??!" How fucking obvious does something have to be before it dawns on you? She directly refers to the shit between me and you so I answer her and you get a fucking burr up your ass. What is your friggin problem? Warch (correct me if I'm wrong Warch) also questioned "What was the real motivation for this thread?" when she saw it turning into a battle of the sexes rant. Whit also noticed that the thread involved me when he replied "As to your LB questions, as I've officially made peace I won't be involved in that part of the discussion as anything said, either way, could come across as insulting." As well as Griff who acknowledged this in his reply to Warch, "I assume its the whole luvbugs fiasco... folks never know what they can say without mis/over-interpretation." UT, why don't you try reading for comprehension once in awhile before you go off half cocked? I was not the only person to see that the original post that started this thread was directed to me or about me at the very least. All I did was acknowledge this and submit my reply. I think you have some issues of your own going on, why don't you leave me out of them?

Old 10-01-2003, 12:27 PM   #57
darclauz

LB -- cut it out! for pete's sake. if ya stop talking here, you'll get a lot less abuse.

and even if you do keep talking...which is your right of course...quit it with UT. he's a long time, well respected dwellar. you earn no points by abusing him. he's never gonna love you, g-friend.... acknowledge and move on.

BTW - you certainly SOUND more put together if you can post without all the profanity. profanity is a quick replacement for creative thinking..don't hamper yourself.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:44 PM   #58
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
Originally posted by darclauz
LB -- cut it out! for pete's sake. if ya stop talking here, you'll get a lot less abuse.

and even if you do keep talking...which is your right of course...quit it with UT. he's a long time, well respected dwellar. you earn no points by abusing him. he's never gonna love you, g-friend.... acknowledge and move on.

BTW - you certainly SOUND more put together if you can post without all the profanity. profanity is a quick replacement for creative thinking..don't hamper yourself.
So, what do you suggest I do, let him go off on me and just sit here and take it and not respond? I realize he is the creator of the Cellar and is well liked by most all here, but that doesn't give him the right to call me a "whore" and slide over the obvious when some one asks or directs a comment to me and I reply. I'm fully aware every thread is not about me, but when it is shouldn't I be able to partake in the discussion? I've tried to be civil with him and it gets me nowhere. As far as profanity, it is widely used in the Cellar and I don't see any reason to restrict myself. I don't think it inhibits my creative thinking, but when all else fails I usually resort to it.

Old 10-01-2003, 12:54 PM   #59
darclauz

Quote:
Originally posted by LUVBUGZ
So, what do you suggest I do, let him go off on me and just sit here and take it and not respond? I realize he is the creator of the Cellar and is well liked by most all here, but that doesn't give him the right to call me a "whore" and slide over the obvious when some one asks or directs a comment to me and I reply. I'm fully aware every thread is not about me, but when it is shouldn't I be able to partake in the discussion? I've tried to be civil with him and it gets me nowhere. As far as profanity, it is widely used in the Cellar and I don't see any reason to restrict myself. I don't think it inhibits my creative thinking, but when all else fails I usually resort to it.
If ya leave him alone, he'll leave you alone. He's not attacking you out of nowhere...read back & you'll see. In virtually every case, it's a response of some kind. Rise above..you can do it!!

And yes, profanity is used...but again. read back. Lots of times, it's used purely for emphasis.

I got hazed when I first got here...I think maybe it was dave? that cut me into little pieces. S'okay... just move on. I agree that it's hurtful to be called a name like that. It hurt me and I was just watching it. But yer best bet is put the stick away and quit poking UT.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:12 PM   #60
dave

darclauz was a ballbag when she got here, but now I love her! All it takes is a little time, a little understanding and a whole lot of lubrication.

(I forget why, but I wound up mostly liking her. I guess she just let her true colors shine through and I respected that. Yay for her!)

As for LB, he didn't call you a "whore". He called you an "attention whore". As in, you are constantly seeking attention. He wasn't implying that you offered sexual favors for United States currency.