I think the Houston Ship Channel needs some cleanning up
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:25 PM   #6168
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
I think the Houston Ship Channel needs some cleanning up
lol and then some! i drive over it every time i go to work and back on 610. it's nasty but fascinating at the same time. quite beautiful at night. all the refineries and all. then again, maybe you have to be in engineering to appreciate it....i dunno.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #6169
Griff
still says videotape

martial arts? You could two bird that fitness thing as well.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #6170
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

very true and that is something i'd like to do. matter of fact my roommate used to be an aikedo (sp?) instructor. i'd love to do martial arts.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:22 PM   #6171
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Marital arts?

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #6172
Griff
still says videotape

takes too much time to master
Old 01-18-2011, 08:30 PM   #6173
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Looks like food to me, that tail ought to yield a few pounds of meat. The skin is worth a fortune to the Italians for hand bags and shoes.
That is a fact, jack. Reptile *scraps* fetch $85 a pound at my local leather shop.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:49 PM   #6174
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Stupid boyfriend is being stupid. He says he wants to quit his job this week after he gets paid the $5k his boss owes him, which is doubtful his boss will pay him all that since he's an asshole and has been sitting on about $1000 for 2months already. B/f says he can find another job quick, which is what he said when he quit his last job prematurely, and that did not happen. WTF? Does he learn nothing from his past mistakes? Oh and this breaks a promise where he said he wouldn't quit a job w/o having another one already. We live together, I rely on him to be able to pay his bills, and he owes me $1200 from me helping him out the last time he did this. Then he has the nerve to tell me that I shouldn't worry about it! That its not my problem! If he doesn't pay his portion of the bills I'm out on the street too! WTF?
Old 01-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #6175
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I almost forgot about the no fucking fun policy. Good to see it being endorsed by everyone, though.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #6176
monster
I hear them call the tide

Just got an email I nearly junked without reading because it had no subject. Something made me read it, and it informed me of the death of a lovely lady whose holiday apartment we rented in France. It was attached to her house in the Cevennes, above her art and ceramic studio, and most evenings we'd join her and her husband for a glass of wine in their beautiful garden filled with fuschias of every type imaginable. Every Christmas she sent us lovely watercolor cards she had painted of the gorgeous scenery in her village. I always looked forward to them and have kept every one. I'm pretty sad right now. I think she was the wife of Banana lady's cousin. Family, but that wasn't what made her special. She loved to get pictures of the kids and asked after them, even though she only evey met Hebe as an infant. I vividly remember Hebe sitting in the hallway in that apartment with her hand over her ears and a look of shock on her face as she encountered a hairdryer for the first time. A happy time with lovely people. I always hoped to return to see her again.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:55 AM   #6177
Shawnee123

You know monster, sometimes I think the best we can hope for is that when we pass away, someone has such fond and beautiful memories of us. Sounds like a lovely person, and I'm sorry for the loss of your dear friend.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #6178
monster

I need to compose a proper letter of condolence and I think I'll put these memories in. I'm going to try and root out a photo from that vacation to put on the front of a card. I think. I just talked to Banan lady, wasn't sure if she'd have checked her email and I'm glad i did -just recovering from cataract surgery she's finding it hard to read emails at the moment.
The email says the death was sudden and she was no spring chicken. I'm hoping it was not preceded by any suffering. A lovel ylady living out a dream retirement in the mountains in France. She lost her husband a good few years back, but still travelled back to England a lot to see her grandkids. She had a good life, I think, even though i didn't really know her all that well. We just always exchanged cards and the occasional snippet at christmas. I hope she got the card with the recent school pics we sent. we don't send them every year. I'm rambling. Sorry. Home alone all day.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #6179
monster

the email didn't say she was no spring chicken, that was all my tactless own wording. oh dear.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:17 PM   #6180
Shawnee123

My paternal grandmother would joke about being 'no spring chicken.' She was a jokester though, and told me that (after grandpa passed away after 55 years of marriage) that she was looking for 'a rich man with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.' Of course she wasn't really looking, she was just funny.

Your friend sounds like she had a wonderful life.

Tags
swiss